Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #23577933 - 08/25/16 10:27 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ythan said:
Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
Caveat emptor, I'm not sure how much longer I can keep answering questions like these.

For what it's worth I appreciate your being so open and honest in your past few posts. I know it may be difficult and frustrating to feel like you're obligated to discuss these personal matters and be some sort of spokesperson for trans-gendered individuals. But for people who are generally empathetic but don't have first-hand experience with the difficulties faced by trans individuals, it's useful and elucidating to hear you explain it from your own point of view.

Personally I'm not sure why some people are so concerned with what's going on in your pants or your endocrine system. I find it kind of creepy.

Thanks Ythan, it means a lot to me, especially after some of our previous interactions. There's no rulebook for discussing this sort of thing, so I've had to figure it all out ad-hoc. I'm very grateful for the the forbearance that you and this community have shown me as I've worked to figure out the best way to approach the subject. You know as well as I do that I've made a lot of mistakes.

There are definitely some creepy fuckers around here though.

Quote:

Connoisseur said:
Speaking personally my dick is never itchy and swollen unless there is something wrong with it.

I can assure you its not normal at all for a penis to feel such a way.

If someone told me their dick felt itchy and swollen when it was flacid I would tell them to seek medical attention and if no medical issue could be identified that would definitely raise some questions.

If you can site where you heard that the bodies natural hormones act as neuro toxins under the circumstances you described above I would love to see that since endogenous chemistry and pharmacology are very interesting to me.

I don't have any proof that they directly act as neurotoxins in the cellular biological sense, I just know that I was under tremendous psychological stress dealing with it, as most trans people are, and that stress is bad for the brain in the cellular biological sense.

I would show you some hard evidence if I could, but there is pretty much no research available on the neuroscience of gender dysphoria. It just hasn't been done. There is ample evidence that gender dysphoria is alleviated by transition and that people who suffer from it are happier and healthier after transition, but that is as deep as the research goes. There isn't really any money in figuring it out at the neuroscientific level. Trans people are a tiny segment of the population; HRT drugs have been around for more than long enough to have their patents expire, and they can't really be improved upon. They are just about as good as they could possibly get. The problems that exist for trans people aren't pharmacological. The real challenges are social, economic, and political.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (08/25/16 10:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #23577939 - 08/25/16 10:29 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:themoreyouknow:

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Connoisseur]
    #23577957 - 08/25/16 10:36 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for listening, guys. You're all awesome. :hug:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #23577963 - 08/25/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

:datass:

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #23577964 - 08/25/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Soph is alright, handeling all this pretty gracefully
just want her around a long time

if the surgery actualy helps you, great
it would be nice if it helped more people

--------------------

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #23577976 - 08/25/16 10:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh, brain chemistry and wiring. Man, brain chemistry and wiring sure is to blame for a lot these days huh?

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #23577981 - 08/25/16 10:44 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Sure is, and society and its many implications are often the driving factor(s) in what causes the brain to wire itself in the ways that it does.

InvisiblepachooDiscord
Witchakookoo
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #23577987 - 08/25/16 10:45 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Dude Soph has answered shit like a champ, even if it did spike her anxiety. I hope I wasn't too intrusive.

Thanks lady.

:bow:

:heartpump:

--------------------

:heartpump::heartpump: :heartpump::heartpump:

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA
Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #23577989 - 08/25/16 10:46 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

This makes me curious about something else. Do transexuals have their own standards of what they consider going too far? Like the woman mentioned that wanted to be blind so she poured bleach in her eyes? Or that middle aged man that wanted to be a female, but took it a step further to specifically become an 8 year old girl?

--------------------

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Eminence]
    #23577994 - 08/25/16 10:47 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
This makes me curious about something else. Do transexuals have their own standards of what they consider going too far? Like the woman mentioned that wanted to be blind so she poured bleach in her eyes? Or that middle aged man that wanted to be a female, but took it a step further to specifically become an 8 year old girl?

I think the woman who became a child ws just a fetish role playing moron. It was 6, actually

--------------------

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Eminence]
    #23577996 - 08/25/16 10:47 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think its scientifically possible for a middle aged person to become 8 years old again.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Connoisseur]
    #23578037 - 08/25/16 11:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Well obviously. Until gene alteration is possible it won't be possible to truly become the opposite sex either though.

--------------------

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #23578043 - 08/25/16 11:00 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
Quote:

Eminence said:

I think the woman who became a child ws just a fetish role playing moron. It was 6, actually

Didn't he leave his wife because of it? :lol:

--------------------

Offlineclock_of_omens
razzle them dazzle them
I'm a teapot

#23578062 - 08/25/16 11:08 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
Men and women aren't born men or women; they are born as babies, and the world makes them into men and women. I was born with male anatomy and female neuroanatomy,

This doesn't make logical sense. You say that we are born babies and that the world makes us men and women, and in the next sentence say you were born with female neuroanatomy. Which is it? Were you born a blank slate and the world turned you into a woman or were born a woman?

How does the world manage to turn most people born with female and male anatomy into the gender that matches and a few not? How can you claim gender is a social construct (I think you've said this, maybe not) yet claim that trans people are born with neuroanatomy not matching their anatomy?

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: clock_of_omens]
    #23578082 - 08/25/16 11:15 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Gad Saad may have something to say about blank slates

--------------------

Offlineclock_of_omens
razzle them dazzle them
I'm a teapot

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #23578086 - 08/25/16 11:18 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I have something to say about your mom's blank slate.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: clock_of_omens]
    #23578106 - 08/25/16 11:26 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I don't believe in blank slates.

"Men" and "women" are words which refer to the identities, shaped by upbringing and culture and individual experiences, of mature persons.

"Male" and "female" are words which describe anatomy with no regard to identity or personhood.

Most men have male anatomy, most women have female anatomy. But there are exceptions and complications. I am a person who was born with male anatomy and female neuroanatomy, who matured into a woman with female anatomy. I'm sorry if that's confusing, but I am what I am.

InvisibleApollyphelion
Dungeon Master/Princess(1009)
Female User Gallery

Loc: Festival of Deaths
    #23578117 - 08/25/16 11:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
I don't believe in blank slates.

"Men" and "women" are words which refer to the identities, shaped by upbringing and culture and individual experiences, of mature persons.

"Male" and "female" are words which describe anatomy with no regard to identity or personhood.

Most men have male anatomy, most women have female anatomy. But there are exceptions and complications. I am a person who was born with male anatomy and female neuroanatomy, who matured into a woman with female anatomy. I'm sorry if that's confusing, but I am what I am.

Meee too.
Also, I don't get why people are so "open to possiblities"
yet consider it impossible for nature to make this kind of variation
and it "must be a mental illness"
Transgenderism is a completely logical mutatition that would occur
I'd rather be trans than have hard aspergers!

--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion

Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Edited by Apollyphelion (08/25/16 11:31 PM)

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #23578121 - 08/25/16 11:31 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Honestly my ADHD gives me far more trouble than my gender issues do these days :lol:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Re: Neutral Gender option for The Shroomery - Times are a changin' [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #23578130 - 08/25/16 11:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

But if it weren't a mental illness, people wouldn't feel the need to try to change their sex to feel comfortable in their own skin, right?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order