Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD
    #2356636 - 02/19/04 09:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/news/local/states/wisconsin/7985623.htm

Posted on Thu, Feb. 19, 2004

RICHLAND COUNTY SLAYINGS: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD

Associated Press

HOPKINSVILLE, Ky. ? An Illinois teen accused of fatally shooting his parents and an uncle waived extradition to Wisconsin on Wednesday, telling a judge he was under the influence of the illegal drug LSD.

Steven M. Tomporowski, 18, of Westchester, Ill., will be returned to Wisconsin where he is charged with three counts of first-degree intentional homicide in the slayings at a rural farmhouse on Sunday.

Tomporowski also pleaded guilty in Christian County District Court to a local charge of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle. A 30-day jail sentence was suspended because Tomporowski waived extradition.

Tomporowski was arrested Tuesday on Interstate 24 near Hopkinsville while driving his mother's car, which had been missing from the crime scene, Wisconsin authorities said. The teenager had been using stolen credit cards for gas while traveling across the country, authorities said.

The bodies of his parents, Stephen J. Tomporowski, 52, and Deborah Tomporowski, 48, both of Westchester, Ill., and his uncle, Roger M. Tomporowski, 56, of Arlington Heights, Ill., were found at farmhouse in rural Richland Center, Wis., on Monday.

The victims had been shot, covered with blankets, toys placed on or near them, and notes left behind asking that the bodies be cremated, according to a criminal complaint.

Tomporowski said he was under the influence of LSD when he entered his plea to the Kentucky charge Wednesday. He said it did not impair his ability to plead voluntarily. He testified he had consumed the drug sometime before leaving Wisconsin. LSD is used as a psychedelic drug and causes hallucinations and delusions.

A grandfather of Tomporowski told investigators he suspected the teen was involved in the killings because he was suffering from a mental illness and had not been the same since using the club drug Ecstasy about two years ago, a Wisconsin criminal complaint said.

Susan Lawrence, legal assistant for the Richland County district attorney's office, said Wednesday that Tomporowski could make his first court appearance in Wisconsin late this week.

Authorities from Wisconsin arrived at the Kentucky courthouse as soon as Tomporowski's case was completed.

William Gamboney, the attorney who represented Tomporowski in a shoplifting case in Oak Brook, Ill., in December, said the young man was undergoing counseling at the time and had admitted using Ecstasy.

The teen took several hundred dollars worth of women's underwear into a dressing room at Marshall Field's and urinated on some of them, Gamboney said. While wearing several pairs, Tomporowski fled the store, the attorney said.

The teen, whose mother was a third-grade school teacher in Westchester, Ill., and his Vietnam veteran father, a sewer worker for Addison, Ill., pleaded guilty to retail theft, got court supervision and was ordered to pay $479 in restitution, Gamboney said.

Christian County Sheriff Billy Gloyd said Tomporowski had the family's Pomeranian, Pumpkin, with him when he was arrested early Tuesday, and his vehicle was loaded down with personal belongings covered by blankets.

"He was pretty tired. He said he hadn't slept since Saturday morning," the sheriff said. "He said he just kept saying he wanted to take a nap."

Gloyd said the teenager acknowledged past drug use, specifically LSD, but did not indicate how recently he had used drugs.

The sheriff said Tomporowski was repeatedly asked where he was going but was unable to say, commenting only, "I'm just trying to get away from it all."

According to the complaint filed Tuesday in Richland County, the two Tomporowski brothers and the teenager left their homes late Friday for the farmhouse, which is used as a second home by the teen's grandfather, Walter Sawoska.

The teen asked his mother to drive to the house Sunday because the men were having car trouble, the complaint said.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD [Re: motaman]
    #2356751 - 02/19/04 10:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

its sad that he's trying to tag this on lsd, not on his prior mental illness.

people gotta start takin responsibility for what they do. if you kill someone on a drug, the drug didnt make you kill them, you made you kill them.

the artical says lsd causes hallucinations and delusions. delusions are very different than hallucinations, and i have never experienced tham on lsd. thinks like datura and heavy amanita use cause serious delusions...believe me there very different.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD [Re: angryjslice]
    #2356984 - 02/19/04 10:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

it wasn't me I swear..

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2357291 - 02/20/04 01:57 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

someone in my local school had a panic attack after hearing this because she ate dinner with him a few months ago.

the local story is that he had half a sheet on him.
its a shame...

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
Re: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2357926 - 02/20/04 04:39 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

holy shit! i used to live near there, that is quite disturbing...

OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Re: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD [Re: angryjslice]
    #2415882 - 03/10/04 05:41 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

angryjslice said:
its sad that he's trying to tag this on lsd, not on his prior mental illness.

people gotta start takin responsibility for what they do. if you kill someone on a drug, the drug didnt make you kill them, you made you kill them.

the artical says lsd causes hallucinations and delusions. delusions are very different than hallucinations, and i have never experienced tham on lsd. thinks like datura and heavy amanita use cause serious delusions...believe me there very different.

~JSlice~

Dude, you didnt even read the post. He showed up to court on LSD AFTER the murders.

Offlinelovesexdubstep
buy the ticket, take the ride

#17828663 - 02/19/13 05:45 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

why did he go to court on lsd? why?!

--------------------

molly :loveeyes: lucy :tripping: maryjane :bigblunt:
resident med student, PM science based questions :teacher:

InvisibleAdden
Sandcastle in the Sun
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD [Re: lovesexdubstep]
    #17828704 - 02/19/13 06:12 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

Thread is ten years old.

--------------------

Outdoor Mushroom Cultivation

Offlinelovesexdubstep
buy the ticket, take the ride

Re: Teen accused in 3 killings said he had used LSD [Re: Adden]
    #17828710 - 02/19/13 06:15 AM (4 years, 2 months ago)

ya, only god knows how i stumbled upon this particular thread, but it did make me laugh hard

--------------------

molly :loveeyes: lucy :tripping: maryjane :bigblunt:
resident med student, PM science based questions :teacher:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service