Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaustin_72283
Mr. or Sir
Male

Loc: west
effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals"
    #2356559 - 02/19/04 09:31 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah i just resently read up on the "magic crystals"

what are the effects are they the same as normal mushies or isnt more potent or less

and how much of the cyrstals do you take and how to ingest

keep in mouth tell its desolved or what

austin
(sorry if off topic)

--------------------
a job worth doing is a job worth doing right.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineScourge
The Dr.
Loc: Near flint Michgan, USA
Re: effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals" [Re: austin_72283]
    #2356816 - 02/19/04 10:29 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

unless you have an extreamly sensitive scale i would recomend extracting the crystals one dose at a time. the crystals extracted from a specific amount of mushrooms should be the same doseage of eating the mushrooms themselves. assuming you did a good job with the extraction. just eat thh crystals, no need to wait for them to disolve. i would expect that it would hit you a bit faster, that would all depend on what's already in your stomach.

--------------------
"Those who walk in Love and Truth shall grow in Honor and Strength."

Offline123
 User Gallery

#2356929 - 02/19/04 10:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I've read that the high off of crystal psilocybin or liquid psilocybin is a very pure and clean high compared to just eating regular shrooms.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #2359156 - 02/20/04 01:49 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Unless you are making them yourself, I would be very skeptical of finding any psilocybin crystals anywhere on the market, licit or illicit. It's just not economically feasible for them to be distrubuted when the fruitbodies are so easy to aquire and the extraction so difficult.

You sure they are psilocybin?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals" [Re: Scourge]
    #2359643 - 02/20/04 03:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

First off, no one is making p suynthetic psilocine or psilocybine at any pharmaceutical firms in America. IT is illegal to manufacture. YEs the Heftner Foundation h may have some for their clinical research or they may grow some shrooms and make an extraction. As for an individual, no one has had pharmaceutical psilocine since the early 1960s when sandoz was making two milligram tabli ets and the dosage is 15 to 309 milligrams.

Now to put them into its perspecitve place. A dose of P. cubensis usually reguires from 3-5 grams of dried powedered shrooms. That would be 3000-5000 milligrams of powder.
Out of that amound of powdered material, only approximately 15 to 30 milligrams of the actual chemical is there.

This would be very hard for someone to extract that small amount of chmical to get high. And the comeone would be extremely fast. One would need to actually use an ounce of dried shrooms, but than again, as is the case of cubensis, there would only be five to 8 doses ina dried ounce of cubies. That means you would have 28,000 milligrams of mushroom powder to be equal to 240 milligrams of psilocybine or 5-8 doses.

In the 1980s, Jeremy Bigwood and Jonathan Ott and a few others ate some baeocystine which they synthesized in a lab at Evergreen Community collage. They foound that the baeocystine was practivcally the same effect as the psilocine and psilocybine.

If someone tells you they have cyrstals then they are most likely lying to you.

mj

Offlinexwave3000
enthusiast

Re: effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals" [Re: 123]
    #2379857 - 02/26/04 03:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

What do you mean by pure and clean?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2380440 - 02/26/04 06:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

123 says
Quote:

I've read that the high off of crystal psilocybin or liquid psilocybin is a very pure and clean high compared to just eating regular shrooms.

IT is the same whether ist is in a chemical form or in the mushroom. The alkaloid is the same.

mj

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals" [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2381103 - 02/26/04 10:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Synthetic psilocybin is available to researchers with the right permits(DEA sceduale1, ext). Then you have to get funding and permision to run the studys.

I just thought I would point this out since there are studys in the US going on right now using synthetic psilocybin(UofA) in human subjects. So yes there is synthetic psilocybin. There are people(ie Dr. Nichols) that have permission to make certian amounts of psilocybin for researchers with the proper credentials,permits and need. They only make enough for the study and thats it. It's not like they have big jars of psilocybin sitting around. Several other agencys(NIDA,NIH) and universitys(Purdue,UofK,UofA ext) have small amounts. They are impossible to get ascess to without permission.
Its not available on the black market though. If anybody says they have some there full of shit. I have never seen or had synthetic psilocybin and I have ascess to about any psychedelic available. It's easier to get a gram of LSD crystal then a gram of psilocybin. There's no market for psilocybin. Why go to all the trouble and expense to make a product that can be very easily made by mother nature for little investment.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals" [Re: chinacat72]
    #2381242 - 02/26/04 11:16 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

A correction for you on the alledged availability of psilocybin (indocybin) in research.

The first U.S. government approved scientific investigations in 30 years of the therapeutic potential of psilocybine was concluded in the fall of 2003. At the University of Arizona at Tucson, Dr. Francisco Moreno, with the assistance of Dr. Charles Wiegand, administered psilocybine as a potential therapeutic treatment to ten subjects with treatment-resistant chronic obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). The Tucson study is funded by the Heffter Research Institute and MAPS. This study was initiated after the publication in the medical literature of several case histories in which patients with OCD self-administered psilocybine mushrooms in a non-medical, recreational context. They reported that their OCD symptoms were reduced or eliminated for varying periods of time after their mushroom experience.

A second study of the potential therapeutic use of psilocybine was approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to begin in the fall of 2003. This study, headed by Dr, Charles Grob at Harbor-UCLA examines the use of psilocybine assisted therapy in treating anxiety and pain in terminal cancer patients. It was inspired by research in the late 1960s and early 1970s in which LSD-assisted psychotherapy was administered to cancer patients, after which significant reductions were reported in the amount of narcotic pain medications that the patients required. Dr. Grob's psilocybine research project is being funded by the Heffter research Institute.

That is the only legal psilocybin research project in America.

There are also on-going non-therapeutic psilocybine research projects taking place in other countries.

One project studies the effects of psilocybine on binocular depth inversion, bibocular rivalry, neuropsychology and synasthesias. It is headed by Dr. Torsten Passie, M.D. at the Medical School of Hanover, Germany. This study involves the use of medium doses of psilocybine to examine the effects on neuropsychological measures (attention, reaction time, etc.), perceptual changes and subjective effects. To reduce the psychological discomfort of the subjects, the subjects were largely free of experimental proceedures so that they could experience the psilocybine state in an open and relaxed manner. That study is being funded by The Medical School hanover, Dept. of Clinical Psychiatry and Psychotherapy and MAPS.

Another study funded by the Heffter Research Institute involves a series of examinations of basic psychological parameters and information processing strategies. This study involved 70 subjects and was headed by Dr. Franz Vollenweider of the University of Zurich. He is also in the development stage of using psilocybine in therapy on people with eating disorders.

OIutside of that, that is the total list of psilocybine research being conducted at this moment.

So basically there is only one on-going study of psilocybine in the USA.

mjshroomer

The above is based on published data from Rick Doblin of MAPS.

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2381298 - 02/26/04 11:34 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see your correction of my post. Your basically giving the exact same info exept in alot more detail. Were both getting our info from the same source.

I would like to correct your post though. You said( I realize this is a quote from MAPS) that the first approved scientific study in humans in 30 years was in 2003 at U of A.
This is incorrect. Rick Strassman adminstered the drug at the end of his DMT research more than a decade earlier. He had gained approval to use LSD and psilocybin after he had worked with DMT for several years. He had obtained both of these drugs and had administered psilocybin to human subjects at U of A in the early 90's. When he quit his research in the mid 90's he returned his drug supply's of DMT, psilocybin and LSD to Wash DC(I assume to NIDA). This info is from his book.

Anyway the point of all this is that synthetic psilocybin is unavailable on the street, but is available to those with the proper credentials and desire to work in a professional research setting.
I think we can agree on this. :cool:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2381588 - 02/27/04 01:07 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Since Rick is a personal frined of mine I am going to email him about this and ask what happened and where he got his indocybin from. And that is only because you piqued my interest in the matter.

mj

have a shroomy day.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2382605 - 02/27/04 11:47 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

chinacat72

I wrote to Rick Straswman. His psilocybin research was at the University of New Mexico, not Arizona.
Here is his letter to me. AS I said, no one int he USA is manufacturing or selling psilocine or psilocybin.

mj

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear John:

Thanks for your note.

I did my DMT research at the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque.

I used psilocybin--pharmaceutical grade, synthetic. I can't really say where it came from--I was asked not to when I bought it. But, it was FDA and DEA approved--above board, all that.

I don't know of any legal and/or pharmaceutical source in the US

Cool images! Thanks.

Rick Strassman

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

#2382832 - 02/27/04 12:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The U of A part was my mistake(for Ricks research). I'm well aware that he did his research at NM. Anybody who has read his book is. I was in such a hurry making the post I put U of A instead of U of NM. The point was that he did research before 2003 with synthetic psilocybin.
As for who made his psilocybin I imagine it was from a person who we both know who can legally do these things. Of course he is not a pharmaceutical source. No pharmaceutical company in the US is going to have intrest in making psilocybin. Things like these have to be made by the few qualified to do so at the guidence of DEA,FDA,NIDA,and NIH regulations. An amount is figured out for the study and just that much is made.

The sad things is since he quit his research his unused drugs sit in DC. By the time somebody else does a study they will have passed the date they can be used. Then they have to go through the whole process of getting the chemist to get approved agian and all the red tape to make another batch. There are several place(Uni's) that have these drugs ,but are not approved for human trials. I think NIDA keeps a stock of all these drugs, but there to old to use(even though there probably fine).

As I get more involved with my graduate studys it amazes me at the amount of red tape surrounding psychedelics. It has to be done though. Slowly the red tape is cut. Thanks to folks like DR. Strassman some has already been removed. His studys were pivotal in getting other protocals approved(like U of A). He re-established the saftey of researching these drugs.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

InvisibleDanKnugget
Mysterious Traveller
Male

Loc: On a boat
    #2382892 - 02/27/04 01:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

wow, what an interesting conversation, stemming from a question about crystals... thanks for the entertainment, you guys are sharp.

--------------------
My 3 proverbs:
1. School is for people who don't know stuff.
2. Jobs are for losers.
3. Reading is for people with nothing better to do.

Offline123
 User Gallery

Re: effects and dosage of cyristals "magic cyrstals" [Re: DanKnugget]
    #2448376 - 03/18/04 07:36 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

123 says
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mjshroomer

IT is the same whether ist is in a chemical form or in the mushroom. The alkaloid is the same.

mj

i got the idea of the trip being smoother from this: http://www.fungifun.org/fanaticus/mycoalki.htm its the first post under searcher. just wanted to clarify that.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #2448856 - 03/18/04 09:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

...ive thought about making extractions of mushrooms. Would it really be that hard to extract it and wind up with crystals?

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience