Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Evil, Chaos and Censorship
    #2356054 - 02/19/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking about how humans in general prefer to ignore their darker side. Why is this? Would not a channeling of these forces be better? An integration into the whole of the Human Experience (TM)?
Has mankind always preferred to abandon its dark side , to prefer stability and status quo to entropy? If not, when did this come about, and for what reasons?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Evil, Chaos and Censorship [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2356202 - 02/19/04 06:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i dont know where youve been hiding..but corporate amerikkka has been doing just that since the early 70s...and if iraq is any indication..it didnt pan out...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Evil, Chaos and Censorship [Re: Annapurna1]
    #2356366 - 02/19/04 06:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

With humans in general I meant the general population, the masses.
What I meant to say was, why try to supress your dark side in vain when you can integrate it into who you are? Why censor your own thoughts, or frown upon 'evil' thoughts, when they're a part of you.
The macabre, the depressing, the negative, the entropic are abandoned in favour of being cheery all the time, of giving the impression you're in control of your life, of trying to be normal, when there really is no such thing. I guess what I'm asking is if lots of people lack the backbone to incorporate the not-so-positive into their dayly lives, to stare it in the face and to integrate it into your being. IMHO, a person who's always cheery either hasn't seen a lot of life, or is a poser.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2356380 - 02/19/04 06:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

To appreciate the positive you must experience the negative.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2356714 - 02/19/04 08:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm really feelin this post my friend.  5 shrooms for you!!!

But yeah, I think the answer to your question is that most people are pussies with extremely weak wills and very little self-concept.  They cant confront their own emotions, let alone all the evil in the world.  So they delude themselves and hide behind their deadbolts in their little custom tailored environments.  Trying desperately not to realize that the world is falling apart.  Because then they would have to deal with it, both emotionally and materially.  Nobody wants that kind of responsibility. 

Of course, thats just my opinion, and I could be wrong :smile:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2356792 - 02/19/04 08:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What is hidden away and repressed ALWAYS surfaces with twice the intensity in order to be recognized and healed.

Humans ignore their dark side? Turn on the news. I don't know what your local news talks about, but here, it is three topics on perma-loop: FEAR, MURDER, and what the weather is going to be like so we aren't late to work tommorow, and if there is no fear or murder to talk about, they make up some bullshit for you to fear. With the occassional happy story about how the dog found his way home... Stupid things no one cares about and never makes a real difference. They are still avoiding the issues.

This country (US) is founded on suppressing, ignoring, avoiding, the dark side, but is secretly controlled by it. What we ignore and repress is only exloded in front of us in the form of media. What we do not embrace only comes back to haunt our steps.

It all began with the Church(TM), because they sought population control through fear and order.

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#2357758 - 02/20/04 01:33 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm flirting with my dark side at the moment. I'm exploring my own aggression and desire for destruction. I don't think it's at all negative, and is in fact quite healthy and positive to conciously explore this part of myself. To deny and ignore it is to facilitate its coming out in innapropriate ways. To be a full human being one must embrace thier fullness of being, not just the cuddly pretty pieces. I refuse to be alienated from any part of myself.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

#2358123 - 02/20/04 04:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The macabre, the depressing, the negative, the entropic are abandoned in favour of being cheery all the time, of giving the impression you're in control of your life, of trying to be normal, when there really is no such thing.

There is the fear of rejection from people that mainly causes some to look like they are happy but in reality are just miserable posers as you say. They are saying to someone they meet. Come with me. Be my friend, we are gonna have a great time. People need company and affection, I don't know the reason but it strongly seems like the vast majority do need that.

Also, the entropic as you say is not necessary something that is only realted with the dark side of someone. It could very easily be related with the very happy side of someone where for example he/she goes on vacations and acts with a "whatever" random way. Or I could say that before 2 weeks when I had my final year exams I had a high entropy life-style...! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom