Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Some Philosophical/Spirtual Salvia Observations
    #2355258 - 02/19/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I?ve noticed something very interesting about Salvia (really, what?s uninteresting about it?). Every time, it seems to be showing me something. There aren?t any entities, or such, but it?s almost like it changes my perception so what I see almost literally, becomes apart of me. I feel layers, and it?s almost as if I extend who I am to include my surroundings. It?s sounds totally foreign and bizarre (really, what?s unbizarre about salvia?), but maybe someone else who?s experienced it can understand what I mean. I?ll make an analogy here, and I?m only using this as a metaphor, it?s almost like a substance which is trying to teach something by changing physiology.

I can only speculate, but it certainly extends the idea that we?re apart of everything, and that we experience ?ourself? through individual people. Separate thoughts and personalities, but really apart of each other.

Just an observation, and it could entirely be my perspective, but it makes sense to me.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Some Philosophical/Spirtual Salvia Observations [Re: Twirling]
    #2355785 - 02/19/04 04:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that salvia is really some amazing stuff. I get a similar sensation of connectedness when I do it, but I also feel *physically* connected to my surroundings, and it?s not always comfortable. the last time I entered salviaspace I had a chair attached to me and it was painful!

oh and I remember this guy :wink:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Some Philosophical/Spirtual Salvia Observations [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2355813 - 02/19/04 04:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I get the connection (physical) to surroundings as well. Usually it manifests as my feet being glued to the floor in some way, or even more often they are a part of the floor. As if the floor were the bottom of a block of stone from which my body is carved out of - my feet flow smoothly into the floor.

As well I get the connection in psychological terms, so it is not only my body which is carved from a block (the Universe) but my mind as well.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2355978 - 02/19/04 05:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"almost as if I extend who I am to include my surroundings."-

I'm strugling lately with a notion about how reflections of reality... as in the reality I percieve... may be specificaly engineered ...(to us individualy)

Doubtless your reality in totality is unknowable to me...and as such we are ships passing in the night...influential only in passing and then seperated and existing in differing realities,

as if even in different galaxies,
wherein the calamities of one cannot effect the other.

and so everything surrounding us individualy is pertinent specificaly to the self, and we only affect each other in passing...as if interaction of seperated galaxies is necessary, to conserve energy.

And so the reflecion of everything I am, (and everything yet to learn) is engineered...(by the little people) in an extraordinary production unequaled by anything I could dream up.

Then again,
There's seems to be room for improvement...

...and 'improvement' may be the whole point...

Let's be aware...and carefull of what we wish for.

(can 'sanity' really be defined?)

P.S
I have yet to experience Salvia

Edited by castaway (02/19/04 05:30 PM)

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Some Philosophical/Spirtual Salvia Observations [Re: trendal]
    #2356147 - 02/19/04 06:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
I get the connection (physical) to surroundings as well. Usually it manifests as my feet being glued to the floor in some way, or even more often they are a part of the floor. As if the floor were the bottom of a block of stone from which my body is carved out of - my feet flow smoothly into the floor.

As well I get the connection in psychological terms, so it is not only my body which is carved from a block (the Universe) but my mind as well.

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
that salvia is really some amazing stuff. I get a similar sensation of connectedness when I do it, but I also feel *physically* connected to my surroundings, and it?s not always comfortable. the last time I entered salviaspace I had a chair attached to me and it was painful!

oh and I remember this guy :wink:

So it?s NOT just me. It?s never been painful for me, except for the sweating. I get that simular feeling where it feels like I?m coming out of whatever I?m sitting on. I once felt like a jack-in-the-box popping out of the ground. I get that mind connected to universe feeling as well, as if my brain is allowing me to perceive everything, as if the universe is looking at itself.

And everyone knows Purple Tentcale. It was actually salvia he drank that made him grow arms :wink:

Quote:

castaway said:
I?m strugling lately with a notion about how reflections of reality... as in the reality I percieve... may be specificaly engineered ...(to us individualy)

Doubtless your reality in totality is unknowable to me...and as such we are ships passing in the night...influential only in passing and then seperated and existing in differing realities,

I?m not quite sure I understand. How is reality specificaly engineered to us individually?

But I do understand what you mean by "your reality in totality is unknowable to me". Besides using the simularities in our experinces and communicating through them, it?s hard for us to understand what each other have been through. Even expert psychatrists have trouble having a complete picture of someone. Still, the more we learn about each other in a non-judgemental way, the closer we are to merging our experinces. The trouble is sometimes trusting others and letting go of our own judgements.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #2356223 - 02/19/04 06:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I melded with a table once. It was very strange, and sorta painful, but in a different way. More unconfortable.

It was too intense for me to really remember anything from it. It was so far beyond words, and I was totally warped, fused, dismanteled and put back tougether.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2356230 - 02/19/04 06:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Like as if our 'troops'(the little people) are choreographing our moves
and it's only our free-will that balks at resulting predicaments.

"The trouble is sometimes trusting others and letting go of our own judgements."-

YES!
Like my judgement comes from Free-will!

OK...Time to fetch another beer...

(Disclaimer: Yeah I said already I hadn't tried Salvia)

Edited by castaway (02/19/04 06:24 PM)

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Some Philosophical/Spirtual Salvia Observations [Re: castaway]
    #2356308 - 02/19/04 06:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Free-will as in feeling adverse to the predicament of being part of the floor, table etc.

so much for trusting the little people.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2356396 - 02/19/04 07:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm quite possibly off on a tangent, but I could make a guess that it is our REACTIONS that are important...

Our reactions to influence...as if feasting on our fear, indecision, heartache, lonliness, discomfort etc...we are the movie, the influenced, it's our turn to entertain the troop? I sacrifice my awareness for the entertainment of my bretheren?

(There's just got to be an escape door in here somewhere)

Indy casts about for clues...

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#2359049 - 02/20/04 11:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

castaway said:
I'm quite possibly off on a tangent, but I could make a guess that it is our REACTIONS that are important...

Very much so! I look at our cognition and perception as signals that we have to interperate. The only way to be in charge of reactions is to question it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom