Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Mushies & martial arts
    #311909 - 05/07/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone else here practice any internal martial arts?

I've been learning taiji and bagua for a while, and I'm convinced that those early Daoist dudes were blowing their minds with mushrooms or something similar, and discovering loads of the exercises that we practice today. try practicing your bagua forms in a forest on some strong mushies and you'll know what i'm talking about! movement of qi, extending up to heaven, moving the body using intent rather than muscular effort...all these ideas and many more have become very clear to me when under the influence.

surely there are some other people out there using mushrooms as part of their kung fu training...or is it using kung fu practice as a way to strengthen and purify the body in order to experience more profound realisations?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: Traveller]
    #312052 - 05/08/01 03:03 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't studied any internal martial arts...at least not in this life....but I sure as hell have been practicing them since as far back as I can remember.
I can remember being about 5 and moving in fluid motions all around the woods, making my arms and body flow smoothly in every angle. It was very relaxing, I find myself still doing it from time to time, especially after taking some sort of hallucinogen

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #312136 - 05/08/01 07:56 AM (22 years, 11 months ago)

Oh, yes, totally! You feel the moonlight on your skin, the slight breeze, and the urge to start moving is just so overwhelming, you start stretching, you stand on one foot, your balance is purfect, you hands are the wind, your body is water, and the visuals are so bright and so... so.... and as soon as you start thinking it all goes away :)

I have always wished for a partner to DANCE with, but have never had a priviledge to find one...

Oh, by the way, I don't think early taoists or buddhists where taking hallucinogens. Breathing mountain air works much better then LSD...

OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: gribochek]
    #313576 - 05/09/01 10:24 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

well the taoists were alchemists right, the famous yellow emperor (huang di?) wrote the oldest known work on chinese medicine ("the yellow emperors classic of internal medicine") after experimenting on himself with herbs, meaning every herb he could get his hands on, and being the emperor meant that he could get his hands on a whole lot of herbs. so anyway they were alchemists, not trying to turn lead into gold but trying to find the elixir, the formula that would reverse the aging process and give eternal life. lots of them got very sick, eating mixes of herbs and gold or other rare metals (including mercury!). others decided this was madness, and that the formula, everything required for eternal life, was already contained within the human body, and that the body aged because it was used badly, and if used correctly it would not get sick and would not age. these guys came to be known as the "internal alchemists", they emphasized breathing exercises and yoga and of course eating pure food drinking pure water breathing pure air and intense meditation to purify the mind (which uses most of our energy! i forget the statistic but the brain uses something like %70 of our calorie intake. or something). so some of us today are learning some of the leftovers of the stuff practiced by those internal alchemists long ago. things like tai chi, xingyi, bagua, any form of chi kung.

now surely in all their experimenting with "herbs" they came across some powerful plants, sending them into states of intensified learning, greater physical and mental sensitivity...strange insights into the nature of existence and all that bollocks. I reckon so.

OfflineAlexander
Rastafari
Male User Gallery

#314077 - 05/10/01 02:52 PM (22 years, 11 months ago)

I'm a martial artist and I can understand you.
I'm a Shorinji Kempo teacher (only 2d dan) and I praticed chi kungother martial arts for a long time.
I also study chinese (and Japanese medicine) and I can say that surely ancient chinese used psychedelic herbs or shrooms, anyway taoist magicians also reached these mind states without any substance.

Peace
Ax

--------------------
Love in the name of the Lord
      JAH RASTAFARI!!

OfflinePsychD
Stranger
Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: Anonymous] * 1
    #23551773 - 08/17/16 11:26 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Im a long term Brazilian Jiujitsu student, i believe all physical activities and in particular martial arts take you on a spiritual path. They are also very grounding and to be successful you must have a balance of physical/mental/spiritual components. Ive never tried shrooms for training purposes  but in the jiujitsu community there is a huge psychedelic element which contributes to the growth and evolution of the art :smile:

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23553353 - 08/18/16 01:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Traveller said:
Anyone else here practice any internal martial arts?
I've been learning taiji and bagua for a while, and I'm convinced that those early Daoist dudes were blowing their minds with mushrooms or something similar,

sure there's some interesting overlap, but don't ignore how hard they practiced. hours every day for years, actually for a life time. not all of it ecstatic. The masters would make students do the horse stance first till they shook (that's why it's called the hore stance--cause you shake so badly you look like your galloping on a horse) then till the thigh muscles gave out and they fell over. And the masters beat them, hard too.

Offlineblingbling
what you chicken stew?

#23558855 - 08/20/16 12:20 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I've done martial arts for most of my life, including tia chi for a number of years and I can tell you with some certainty that dancing around the woods high on shrooms will not make you a better fighter. You might have fun doing it, and it may be a spiritual experience, but its not really "martial" in the strict sense of the term.

--------------------
Kupo said:
let's fuel the robots with psilocybin.

cez said:
everyone should smoke dmt for religion.

dustinthewind13 said:
euthanasia and prostitution should be legal and located in the same building.

White Beard said:
if you see the buddha on the road, rape him, then kill him. then rape him again.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: blingbling] * 1
    #23560704 - 08/20/16 05:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

blingbling said:
I've done martial arts for most of my life, including tia chi for a number of years and I can tell you with some certainty that dancing around the woods high on shrooms will not make you a better fighter. You might have fun doing it, and it may be a spiritual experience, but its not really "martial" in the strict sense of the term.

Exactly.

One can do Tai Chi for health, like the old folks in China in the parks every morning. But that is not the same as, working with a teacher that that tests your progress, your grounding, etc. Or learning to deal with the emotions aroused in combat. Much of the training is 2 person training such as 'push hands' and goes thru multiple levels. It's only thru interaction with another, that one's faults can be exposed for correction.

Offlineyeah
Male User Gallery

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: laughingdog]
    #23560713 - 08/20/16 06:01 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: yeah]
    #23560875 - 08/20/16 06:51 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

an interesting example with demonstrations and explanations of some subtleties

"Peng" power is essential to effective tai chi and all martial arts, whether for health or self defence. Too many martial artists practise technique without understanding or cultivating this essential quality.

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: laughingdog]
    #23561743 - 08/20/16 11:40 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

acid helps me find the 'flow' with tai chi :shrug:

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: 404]
    #23561865 - 08/21/16 12:41 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

You'd have to be high as fuck to sit there and try to move without using muscular effort.

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: Into The Woods]
    #23561871 - 08/21/16 12:43 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Holy moley, this thread is as old as tits.

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: Into The Woods]
    #23561881 - 08/21/16 12:47 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

15 years. wow, you're right

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: Mushies & martial arts [Re: 404]
    #23561883 - 08/21/16 12:48 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is literally pre-9/11

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

What life was like 15 years ago [Re: 404] * 2
    #23561942 - 08/21/16 01:23 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

This thread is from a simpler time...

When you could walk through airport customs without being forced to take your shoes off like a disgruntled jew... While holding a bottle of water.

When CDs and DVDs were a thing.

When there were new Lord of The Rings movies coming out every Christmas.

When Frasier was stil on TV and there were orange groves, as far as the eye could see.

Invisible404
error
 User Gallery

Re: What life was like 15 years ago [Re: Into The Woods]
    #23561956 - 08/21/16 01:29 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i know what you mean. when there weren't countless threads being made in the pub about muslims and donald trump.

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: What life was like 15 years ago [Re: 404] * 1
    #23562157 - 08/21/16 05:30 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I'm gonna start my own pub. With blackjack and hookers.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate