Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim
    #23557304 - 08/19/16 03:50 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/08/19/us-olympic-committee-apologizes-for-distracting-ordeal-2-swimmers-leave-brazil.html
“I want to apologize for my behavior last weekend for not being more careful and candid
in how I described the events of that early morning"...:faded: :liar:

Is this white privilege or just a couple of guys out havin' some fun after kicking ass in the swimming pool?
No poll necessary  :epicfacepalm:

:patriot::ashamed: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: vinsue]
    #23557319 - 08/19/16 03:55 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Such a bizarrely embarrassing story.

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleCrazy_Horse
I’m Rick James, bitch!
 User Gallery

Loc: Hampsterdam
Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: vinsue]
    #23557392 - 08/19/16 04:20 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Swimmers are rowdy like bikers.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Crazy_Horse]
    #23557411 - 08/19/16 04:25 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

So for those who haven't heard, and correct me if I'm wrong -- but apparently what happened was three US swimmers got hammered, trashed a gas station bathroom, and then were confronted about paying for the damages. Which they did.

Then they went on to claim that they were robbed at gunpoint. And there's video that corroborates the whole gas station thing.

--------------------

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Nifflerz]
    #23557433 - 08/19/16 04:33 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

My lady received an email from her company that went out to every store to remove ALL olympic signs that have ryan lochte on it and to remove all products that have to do with him.

He gettin dropped like a hot potato.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Nifflerz]
    #23557434 - 08/19/16 04:33 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

the whole thing stinks to high heaven

Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Cowb0yNeal00]
    #23557459 - 08/19/16 04:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

SWIM says he was robbed :burke: . . . :peace:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

#23557460 - 08/19/16 04:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

. . . :peace:

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
    #23557477 - 08/19/16 04:49 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:

So for those who haven't heard, and correct me if I'm wrong -- but apparently what happened was three US swimmers got hammered, trashed a gas station bathroom, and then were confronted about paying for the damages. Which they did.

Then they went on to claim that they were robbed at gunpoint. And there's video that corroborates the whole gas station thing.

ts nickocado
Im all down on the vegandrama on youtube
thiose vegans are crazy
this person was probably also a vegan

--------------------

OfflineVriska Serket
Mindfang
Female

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #23557817 - 08/19/16 06:28 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

ryan locthe is an embarrassing mess

--------------------
the queen of shitposting

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Loc: outer space
    #23557897 - 08/19/16 06:49 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
Such a bizarrely embarrassing story.

It is bizarre.

I do believe that he was held up at gunpoint by either police or security, and he had to bribe his way out of money.

But so what? Like first of all, this guy was caught vandalizing property. Security (or police or whoever it was) pointed a gun at him, and simply demanded he pay some money, and then he was free to leave.

He could have gone to jail, and this would have been a huge international scandal! The press would have been publicizing his mugshot everywhere!

Not only that, but he could spent a night in a Brazil jail, which is no joke. I would much rather have paid some money to simply be let go.

This guy should have considered himself lucky that all he had to pay was $20, and should have shut the fuck up and not told anybody ever about the incident. He's stupid for even talking to the media about it.

If that were me, I would have paid the money and never told a single soul to anybody about it. What a dumb guy.

Edited by Crystal G (08/19/16 06:59 PM)

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23557915 - 08/19/16 06:55 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:

No, that whole part about paying for the gas station damages is likely not true. Cops usually accept bribes in countries like Brazil, especially if they know that person is a foreigner.

And if they were truly required to pay damages to the gas station, the gas station would have come up with some type of estimate first, instead of just forking over money on the spot like that. And that damage would have added up to much more than $20, which is what Lochte paid.

So those security guards, or police officers or whatever, are also lying. They are just trying to cover their asses for accepting bribes.

LMFAO at that picture though :rofl2:

OfflineMushroomMomo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Crystal G]
    #23558025 - 08/19/16 07:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Niffla said:

No, that whole part about paying for the gas station damages is likely not true. Cops usually accept bribes in countries like Brazil, especially if they know that person is a foreigner.

And if they were truly required to pay damages to the gas station, the gas station would have come up with some type of estimate first, instead of just forking over money on the spot like that. And that damage would have added up to much more than $20, which is what Lochte paid.

So those security guards, or police officers or whatever, are also lying. They are just trying to cover their asses for accepting bribes.

LMFAO at that picture though :rofl2:

This exactly! then again I really don't know what to believe. The swimmers could be lying but then i take a look at how messed up the justice system in brazil is from r/watchpeopledie and bestgore and i don't know what to believe as there are so many possibilities

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: MushroomMomo]
    #23558055 - 08/19/16 07:40 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I don't disagree that the justice system over there is highly corrupt and that they'd gladly force bribes out of foreigners -- especially those hailing from the states -- but all of the articles circulating say that there's actual video at the gas station that corroborates their claims that the three swimmers put this whole thing in motion by damaging some stuff

Mind you I haven't seen said video or even know if it's been released, but all of the articles seem to point to this video in question

--------------------

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558137 - 08/19/16 08:04 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I mean, even IF he had a gun pointed at him... so what? If he was behaving in a violent way, and trashing private property, it's actually perfectly acceptable for police or security in those countries to point a gun at you.

I do believe he may have had a gun pointed at him, and I 100% believe that those cops or security guards were forcing him to pay a bribe.

But, so what? Like I said, it's a million times better than having charges pressed against you and going to jail. Not only would he have had to go to a jail in BRAZIL, but he would have had his mugshot plastered all over international media.

I mean, if anything, this guy should be HAPPY he only paid some money and got out of it. He shouldn't have ever said a word about it.

Edit: I saw the video too, there's an excerpt in it where the guys are told (after they are instructed to get out of their cab) to sit down on the sidewalk, and immediately after sitting down all of a sudden they all unanimously hold up their hands in the air.

You can only see the 3 swimmers in the video, the angle is cut off so you can't see the other person who may be pointing a gun at them. So it doesn't prove whether they were held up at gunpoint or not. But based on their behavior putting their hands up immediately after sitting on the sidewalk, I do believe they had a gun pointed at them. These guys supposedly didn't speak Portuguese, at least not beyond a couple words, so they wouldn't have known to put their hands up without some kind of physical gesture.

I'm sure he was frightened having a gun pointed at him, I know how scary it can be. Even if you know it is not loaded, it is a scary feeling. But if that were me, I would have walked away elated that all I had to do was pay some money. Not go crying and blabbing about it to the media.

Edited by Crystal G (08/19/16 08:32 PM)

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #23558225 - 08/19/16 08:33 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

White privilege doesn't exist.

--------------------

Google: Pippa Bacca

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Apostle]
    #23558238 - 08/19/16 08:35 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:

You should paint your skin black for a week, go in blackface but make it look as realistic as possible, and go about your usual day as that color. Just as an experiment.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Crystal G]
    #23558276 - 08/19/16 08:48 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:

I do believe he may have had a gun pointed at him, and I 100% believe that those cops or security guards were forcing him to pay a bribe.

same

Quote:

But, so what? Like I said, it's a million times better than having charges pressed against you and going to jail.

I don't know if i can excuse such behavior just because going through the Justice system in that Shit-hole of a country would be worse.

I think they just want to take the attention off the fact that people have gotten robbed left n right in Rio and turn the attention onto those darn rambunctious North Americans.

Hopefully the Lads learned their lesson though and remember to stick to hotels when in the Third World.
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:

You should paint your skin black for a week, go in blackface but make it look as realistic as possible, and go about your usual day as that color. Just as an experiment.

i don't think anything short of expensive holly-wood tier make-up would make me appear like a genuine black man.

I can imagine that my day as a black man would probably be exactly the same since i behave like a civilized human being. And when i don't, i get punished, because of my behavior and not my skin color.
My skin color being...brown(latin),by the way. I guess i can get closer to "white" when i stay out of the Sun but i don't think most white folks would classify me as such.

Where do i fall on the privelege-ometer?

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Apostle]
    #23558499 - 08/19/16 10:05 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
I don't know if i can excuse such behavior just because going through the Justice system in that Shit-hole of a country would be worse.

I wouldn't call it a robbery. They were forced to pay a bribe for vandalizing property. That's all.

And the reason it's better than going to jail isn't because Brazilian jails are so bad. It's because he's an Olympic athlete and this would have turned into a shitstorm of a scandal had he been sent to jail. On top of that, he would have had to pay more fines, thousands of dollars more than what he originally paid.

Even in America, it's so much better to simply pay a bribe than to go to jail. He's lucky to get out of jail, and should have just gladly paid the $20 bribe and peaced out.

Quote:

i don't think anything short of expensive holly-wood tier make-up would make me appear like a genuine black man.

It's probably not as expensive as you think. That makeup that they use to cover up tattoos completely on people's faces for job interviews and stuff is only $30 for a jar.

Quite many people have done this experiment (turned themselves black for a week), and were surprised by the results.

Edited by Crystal G (08/19/16 10:12 PM)

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558517 - 08/19/16 10:11 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

In any case, if i go by lib logic, i should be able to experience oppression in my current shade. Maybe i'll pic my hair into a fro just to be sure.

the only robberies i referenced were the actual robberies happening in Rio. I never claimed the swimmers were robbed.
Which isn't to say that i count it out.
I don't really know what happened in that gas station but even if they were forced to pay for a reason i think the "forced to pay" part would fit the definition.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558532 - 08/19/16 10:15 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

The gas station did call the police but they were taking forever , the security guard saw the cunt trying to run so he stopped him with gun in hand....  He gave the cunt a free pass since the cops weren't showing up and made some money on the side

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Kinko]
    #23558538 - 08/19/16 10:17 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Probably better off that way. Cops in Brazil are pretty ruthless from what i've heard/seen on liveleak.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558551 - 08/19/16 10:22 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
In any case, if i go by lib logic, i should be able to experience oppression in my current shade. Maybe i'll pic my hair into a fro just to be sure.

No, that's not true. It all depends on what you are perceived as. I have Mexican friends who still get white privilege because they look white, and therefore the world perceives them as white.

Quote:

the only robberies i referenced were the actual robberies happening in Rio. I never claimed the swimmers were robbed.
Which isn't to say that i count it out.
I don't really know what happened in that gas station but even if they were forced to pay for a reason i think the "forced to pay" part would fit the definition.

Well, he could have either paid, or he could have gone to jail. Technically, he could have just been taken to jail. I would rather be given the option to pay a small bribe, personally. I would actually love it if cops I came across did that.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558557 - 08/19/16 10:23 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
Probably better off that way. Cops in Brazil are pretty ruthless from what i've heard/seen on liveleak.

Bro, if you're seeing it on Liveleak, it's because it's footage of something crazy going down. Meaning you are only going to see the worst instances, obviously, on Liveleak :facepalm:

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558570 - 08/19/16 10:28 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:

Yes dude.. But not to tourists    ... Every cop from every nation usually don't fuck with tourists... The worst that can happen is a little hush money...  But Rio is hosting the Olympics they got cops from all the country in Rio which leaves the rest of Brazil pretty much fucked... Crime has skyrocketed in other cities...    Cops are ur friend in Rio at the moment.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558573 - 08/19/16 10:29 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Oh shit, i had no idea!

This changes my whole perspective.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Kinko]
    #23558577 - 08/19/16 10:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Yea i thought about that but God forbid they get mistaken for locals  they'd be gunned down on sight and since they ended up paying anyway it's just added risk.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Crystal G] * 1
    #23558578 - 08/19/16 10:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:

Bro, if you're seeing it on Liveleak, it's because it's footage of something crazy going down. Meaning you are only going to see the worst instances, obviously, on Liveleak :facepalm:

Incorrect , Brazil for the most part is a shithole killing each other can be looked at as a sport at this point.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558582 - 08/19/16 10:31 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Nah man that's just because that's the bad part of the internet.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558584 - 08/19/16 10:32 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kinko said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:

Incorrect , Brazil for the most part is a shithole killing each other can be looked at as a sport at this point.

How does that make my statement incorrect?

If somebody films a cop encounter that is boring, and no violence happens, why the fuck would they post it on Liveleak?

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558594 - 08/19/16 10:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

If you browsed liveleak then you would know there's plenty of boring, even feel good, videos on there.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558595 - 08/19/16 10:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
Yea i thought about that but God forbid they get mistaken for locals  they'd be gunned down on sight and since they ended up paying anyway it's just added risk.

Unlikely, the guys look white and the cops know the Olympics are happening so there are thousands of people attending, and they'd figure out quickly that they were foreigners once they realized none of the men speak Portuguese.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558598 - 08/19/16 10:35 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:

You speak or know anyone who speaks Portuguese? And are you wearing sandels and robbing people ??? Tourist stick out like a sore thumb

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558599 - 08/19/16 10:36 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
If you browsed liveleak then you would know there's plenty of boring, even feel good, videos on there.

Really? Somebody would post a video of a cop just talking to somebody, and letting them go?

If somebody is posting a video on the internet, it's because the video is important in some way. Either it'll make you laugh, or it's super cute and it'll make you go "awww," or it's pornographic, or it's educational, or it's political, or it's meant to horrify you.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558605 - 08/19/16 10:37 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Kinko said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:

How does that make my statement incorrect?

If somebody films a cop encounter that is boring, and no violence happens, why the fuck would they post it on Liveleak?

Incorrect again , for every violent USA thug video shoot out on liveleak there are about 50 Brazil videos , I rest my case liveleak away.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558609 - 08/19/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:

If somebody is posting a video on the internet, it's because the video is important in some way.

I don't believe that you actually believe that.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558611 - 08/19/16 10:38 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:

Really? Somebody would post a video of a cop just talking to somebody, and letting them go?

If somebody is posting a video on the internet, it's because the video is important in some way. Either it'll make you laugh, or it's super cute and it'll make you go "awww," or it's pornographic, or it's educational, or it's political, or it's meant to horrify you.

Not on liveleak , you should see the stuff that gets featured , the mods have gotten infamous for being half retarded.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558613 - 08/19/16 10:39 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Also, there's a reason Brazilian cops are so ruthless. There are gangs that have taken over entire sections of cities. These are gangs financed by weapons and drugs and prostitution, gangs with thousands of their own soldiers that are highly organized and carry automatic weapons, even machine guns and RPGs.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558619 - 08/19/16 10:40 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

If somebody is posting a video on the internet, it's because the video is important in some way.

I don't mean that the video carries any significant meaning in our lives or anything. But rather, that the video is significant in the sense that it will pique our interest in at least one of the ways I described above. Nobody posts a video of a cop just telling somebody not to jaywalk, or writing a traffic ticket.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558621 - 08/19/16 10:40 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I just saw a video of fabela justice from Brazil a thief gets caught and shot in each hand with a revolver , even sticks the bone sticking out back onto his hand ... He took it like a champ tho real class act , respect.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558626 - 08/19/16 10:42 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

To be fair not all of the off duty cop videos are actually cops , a huge portion are citizens armed ...

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558627 - 08/19/16 10:43 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

ah...so they ARE ruthless?

i thought i had been misinformed by cherry picked videos for a moment there.
Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

I don't mean that the video carries any significant meaning in our lives or anything. But rather, that the video is significant in the sense that it will pique our interest in at least one of the ways I described above. Nobody posts a video of a cop just telling somebody not to jaywalk, or writing a traffic ticket.

So is it safe to say that you don't believe pointless videos are intentionally posted on the internet?

Are you telling me that if i search for a video of a cop writing a traffic ticket without incident,  i won't find one?

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558635 - 08/19/16 10:44 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kinko said:]
Incorrect again , for every violent USA thug video shoot out on liveleak there are about 50 Brazil videos , I rest my case liveleak away.

That still doesn't make my statement incorrect. Perhaps you should carefully read the statement at hand:

"Bro, if you're seeing it on Liveleak, it's because it's footage of something crazy going down. Meaning you are only going to see the worst instances, obviously, on Liveleak"

Are the worst instances posted on Liveleak? Yes.

Chances are, if you're seeing police footage on Liveleak, is it something crazy going down? Yes.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558645 - 08/19/16 10:47 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
So is it safe to say that you don't believe pointless videos are intentionally posted on the internet?

Are you telling me that if i search for a video of a cop writing a traffic ticket without incident,  i won't find one?

If you do find one, make sure it doesn't fit any of the following either: "Either it'll make you laugh, or it's super cute and it'll make you go "awww," or it's pornographic, or it's educational, or it's political, or it's meant to horrify you."

So, if you find a video of a cop writing a traffic ticket and it's meant to be educational or funny or controversial or sexy or whatever, that doesn't count. Because that is exactly one of the things that I said videos posted are meant to do.

Quote:

Apostle said:

You're implying that they are so ruthless they would shoot a tourist on sight for no reason. That would not happen.

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558656 - 08/19/16 10:52 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Thing is most of the videos coming out of Brazil are not generally cops killing robbers but rather people / robbers killing each other.        The cops have to be ruthless because there is such a high concentration of crime being committed regularly and that lack the resources and manpower to bring all to justice ... Plus the people are simply tired of being robbed and killed without justice being done...  So they castrate the robbers them self. I think is beautiful really.. A taste of their own medicine

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

#23558669 - 08/19/16 10:55 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Quote:

Apostle said:

If you do find one, make sure it doesn't fit any of the following either: "Either it'll make you laugh, or it's super cute and it'll make you go "awww," or it's pornographic, or it's educational, or it's political, or it's meant to horrify you."

So, if you find a video of a cop writing a traffic ticket and it's meant to be educational or funny or controversial or sexy or whatever, that doesn't count. Because that is exactly one of the things that I said videos posted are meant to do.

Quote:

Apostle said:

You're implying that they are so ruthless they would shoot a tourist on sight for no reason. That would not happen.

You lost one there crystal , the internet is filled with completely useless videos ... The ones we see / search are either for....the reasons you posted above.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558674 - 08/19/16 10:56 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I didn't imply that. I even specified "mistaken for a local".

I also like how you added more exceptions for your "videos that no one uploads".

You know its ok to just admit you said something ridiculous.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558686 - 08/19/16 10:58 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
I didn't imply that. I even specified "mistaken for a local".

I also like how you added more exceptions for your "videos that no one uploads".

You know its ok to just admit you said something ridiculous.

I didn't add it. That is what I said in my original post: "Either it'll make you laugh, or it's super cute and it'll make you go "awww," or it's pornographic, or it's educational, or it's political, or it's meant to horrify you." :facepalm:

Literally, that is why people post videos, is because it's meant to fulfill at least one of those categories.

Nobody films and posts encounters with police where nothing remotely interesting happens.

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23558712 - 08/19/16 11:13 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Actually you DID add "funny or controversial or sexy or whatever".

You also initially spoke of videos in general

whereas now you narrowed it down to police encounters.

Not that it matters because the statements still sound ridiculous.

Quote:

Crystal G said:

I am finding it hard to believe that you actually think this.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23558879 - 08/20/16 12:32 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
Actually you DID add "funny or controversial or sexy or whatever".

You also initially spoke of videos in general

whereas now you narrowed it down to police encounters.

I mentioned a specific police encounter (which is writing a traffic ticket) in that post because YOU are the one that mentioned finding a boring video of a cop writing a traffic ticket. (Which I'm still waiting for, by the way.)

Then I added those things BECAUSE I said this statement earlier: "Either it'll make you laugh, or it's super cute and it'll make you go "awww," or it's pornographic, or it's educational, or it's political, or it's meant to horrify you."

Meaning, if you find a video of a cop writing a ticket and it's meant to be educational, or cute, or sexy, or political, it doesn't count. Because that's what I initially said these videos are intended to do. The video I expect must be a cop writing a traffic ticket and nothing else.

I don't think you are capable of following a conversation.

Quote:

I am finding it hard to believe that you actually think this.

Did you even read when I explained what I meant by the term important?

"I don't mean that the video carries any significant meaning in our lives or anything. But rather, that the video is significant in the sense that it will pique our interest in at least one of the ways I described above. Nobody posts a video of a cop just telling somebody not to jaywalk, or writing a traffic ticket."

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23559535 - 08/20/16 09:58 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Crystal G said:

I didn't add it.

Quote:

Crystal G said:

Then I added those things

K.

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Nobody posts a video of a cop just telling somebody not to jaywalk, or writing a traffic ticket."

Yea i'm sure that's never happened.

I'm not even going to bother searching because you've made me realize that there's no way someone would post a random video online for no particular reason.

OfflineCrystal G
I'm a teapot

#23559538 - 08/20/16 10:00 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Apostle said:
Quote:

Crystal G said:

I didn't add it.

Quote:

Crystal G said:

Then I added those things

K.

I meant that I didn't add my original points that I made about the types of videos posted online, but in a later post, I edited in "funny or controversial or sexy or whatever" to accurately fit my initial statement I had made. Wasn't it obvious what I meant?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #23559589 - 08/20/16 10:20 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineKinko
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Olympian Ryan Lochte apologizes for 'behavior,' sticks to gunpoint claim [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23559604 - 08/20/16 10:29 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Prisoner all politicians lie you know that... Why are you singled out great Hillary ?

OfflineApostle
Philanthropist
 User Gallery

#23559608 - 08/20/16 10:30 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Edited in is the same as adding something in.

Quote:

Crystal G said:
Wasn't it obvious what I meant?

What you meant by the word "add"?
I thought so at first but at this point i'm not so sure. Especially considering your lengthy and specific interpretation of a word as simple as "important".

Anyways, I've already conceded that you are right and that there's no way some one would ever just upload a random video online for no particular reason.

I mean, that just sounds way too unlikely given the often uniform and predictable nature of the internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals