Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecoop
The Rookie

Kyro Tek question... * 1
    #2355635 - 02/19/04 04:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I saw a thread on this topic a few days ago that got a lot of attention. I was curious, what is the main purpose of this tek? From the looks of the thread content, it's used to make syringes. Am I wrong here, what's the main function of the tek? Just curious...thanks!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: coop] * 1
    #2355641 - 02/19/04 04:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It's to make live mycelial syringes from what I understand, this enables faster colonization of the substrate you inoculate because the mycelium is already germinated and growing.

InvisibleImOver18
FormerlyMr.Sleep

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: ImOver18] * 1
    #2355645 - 02/19/04 04:16 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Or, rather the spores are already germinated and growing. You get the idea.

InvisibleMoNk
pupil

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: ImOver18] * 1
    #2355658 - 02/19/04 04:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

as well it multplies your remaining spore solution quite alot. You can turn 1-2cc into 100-200cc of injectable solution.

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
    #2355678 - 02/19/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

karo/honey water teks are one of the greatest things that a mushroom grower can do...by just adding a few spores to your liquid, you can obtain a multitude of mycelium, which can then be sucked into a syringe and used to innoculate your favourite substrate...i use the honey water tek, and i've always had great results...i usually inject about 3cc's per quart jar of millet, and i get complete colonization in about 6-8 days.  it's just simply amazing.

and once you have your karo/honey tek going...all you have to do is transfer some of the mycelium from your first jar of liquid innoc, into another and you can have multiple never ending supplies of liquid innoc.

it's a great thing :laugh:

ahhhh...but now my question...does anyone know if karo/honey would work with pan. cyans?  what if i were to add some manure to the mix, do you think that would cuase mycelia to grow?  or is a liquid tek of pan. cyans simply out of the question.

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: llamaboy] * 1
    #2355991 - 02/19/04 05:32 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Sweet...I need to try this then because my first growth is taking 3 weeks to colonize. So, I have 3ccs of this one strain left in a syringe, can I turn that into a larger amount using this tek?? Also, I could just use the entire syringe no matter how much is created to use on my jars?? The more solution the faster colonized??

--------------------

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2356037 - 02/19/04 05:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

3 cc is plenty to colonize your liquid culture...

I wouldn't use more than 3-5 cc of myc solution to colonize a 1/2 pint jar, for fear of throwing off the water content. 3cc is plenty and if done right you should see growth overnight, since you don't have to wait for innoculation.

Coop 3 weeks is not long for a pf jar (it IS for WBS). If you really want them to grow faster check this out....

Shakeable pf tek --->http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

SM

--------------------

OfflineTheMAJ
Stranger
Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: simplemachine] * 1
    #2358906 - 02/20/04 10:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If I wanted to do a crude extraction w/ Kyro tek, never fruiting, could I?

Edited by TheMAJ (02/20/04 10:36 AM)

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

#2359396 - 02/20/04 12:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've read your tek before actually.  It will be 3 weeks exactly tomorrow that I innoculated my jars.  Like I said, they are probably only about 1/3 of the way colonized.  It's cool though for my first grow, I just need to wait this one out and find a faster way next time.

I'm sure in the next week or so, once these are colonized, I'll have more questions again.  I bought five 5x5x2in plastic containers, vermiculite, and coco coir to case my six jars within.  They will be inside a clear rubbermaid container 13in tall, on a layer of perlite.  SO, soon enough...be prepared for questioning :smile:  I gotta get this one right since I waited this long lol.

Oh, and btw, I still don't get the purpose of the Kyro Tek...ha!!  It makes liquid culture overnight correct??  Is this culture used to create spore syringe or used to fruit mushrooms directly??  I'm confused.

--------------------

InvisibleMoNk
pupil

#2359428 - 02/20/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you create a mycelium spore syringe to inject into your substrate, so there is no germination required it just contiunes to grow in the substrate you put it in and colonizes alot quicker. Also its used to make a little bit of spore solution into alot.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2360176 - 02/20/04 03:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

it's not really overnight...more like a week or so...

And yes the mycellial syringe is used to innoculate substrate jars and grow caps.

The Maj- Your question is actually several debatable questions in one. The main problem being that before fruiting there doesn't APEAR to be a useable quantity of alkoloids. I say apear because I have never seen solid evidence either way.

There is a tek about doing just this in the liquid cluture teks archive, but it's just an idea...I don't think the guy who wrote it ever tried it. :smirk:

Long story short if it IS feasible you would need a LOT of mycellium, knowledge, and equipment/chemicals. It is WAY easier to just grow mushrooms.

SM

--------------------

OfflineTheMAJ
Stranger
    #2360264 - 02/20/04 04:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone ever read that book by Adam Gottlieb? It describes a way to get a continuos yield of 5000 doses a week. I have a greenhouse where I'm growing a good bit, but I've also got closet space which is better suited for something a little smaller.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: TheMAJ] * 1
    #2360324 - 02/20/04 04:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

^^^ that is the one I was talking about, and I don't think it would work.

SM

--------------------

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

#2360397 - 02/20/04 05:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ok...lemme get this straight. I have 3cc's leftover from the jars I innoculated a few weeks ago. I can take these 3cc's, use the kyro tek, produce a large amount of mycelium spore solution, and then innoculate some substrate with the solution...which colonizes much quicker?? Damn, I gotta try this soon.

So, I have 6 1/2-pint jars left unused at the moment, along with all of the supplies to do the PF Tek. Using this 3cc's to create this larger amount of mycelium solution, how much of it would you use to innoculate the remaining jars?? Furthermore, say I didn't use up all of the solution I created. What can you do with it?? Can you store it in a fridge in the plastic container, or will it go bad?? Thanks!!

--------------------

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2360410 - 02/20/04 05:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ok...lemme get this straight. I have 3cc's leftover from the jars I innoculated a few weeks ago. I can take these 3cc's, use the kyro tek, produce a large amount of mycelium spore solution, and then innoculate some substrate with the solution...which colonizes much quicker??

bingo

Quote:

how much of it would you use to innoculate the remaining jars??

about 3cc and then shake it up good. you should see some fuzz growing in ~24hrs.

Quote:

Furthermore, say I didn't use up all of the solution I created. What can you do with it?? Can you store it in a fridge in the plastic container, or will it go bad?? Thanks!!

yessir, thats what you do. Or if you're feeling randy, make up another 5 or 10 liquid culture jars and noc those up with the solution from jar 1. You'll be swimmin in the stuff.

SM

--------------------

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #2360492 - 02/20/04 05:38 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ok i have a question as well, so with the mycelium spore solution i make how long can that sit around? as long as syringes do or shorter? if so will refrigration expand the amount of time it can sit around?

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: guri] * 1
    #2360509 - 02/20/04 05:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well it can "sit around" untill the mycellium runs out of sugar to eat and starts to die, not as long as a spores for sure. A mycellial culture could last several months at least in the fridge, because the cold temprature slows down the growth of the mycellium.

SM

--------------------

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: guri] * 1
    #2360514 - 02/20/04 05:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I'm wondering the same thing. If you do make a lot of solution, which would be in one of those plastic containers, how long can it stay in that container in the fridge?

--------------------

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

#2360516 - 02/20/04 05:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What do you mean when you say "make culture jars"?

--------------------

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2360533 - 02/20/04 05:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I mean make a container with karo and water and innoculate it like you have done with the plactic container. Most people use jars for this...the plastic container thing is just a recent fad.

SM

--------------------

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2366427 - 02/22/04 12:23 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

do you know if the karo/honey tek would work with pan cyans??? would they germinate in just a sugar solution, and then i could use it to innoc some manure/compost? or would there need to be some sort of manure/compost extract in the karo/honey tek. has anyone tried this?

of course pan. cyan cultures can be started on PDA right? so if they can grow on PDA, then they should be able to just use a regular karo/honey tek.

i don't know about pan. cyans i'm a newb to them, i just recieved a phatty print, and i wanted to get a good isolate on some agar, and then transfer this to some honey water to get a lot of the isolate.

i just wanted to know if that would work.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: llamaboy]
    #2366491 - 02/22/04 12:42 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

I've heard that it works...

SM

--------------------

InvisibleFety
Stranger

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2366650 - 02/22/04 01:35 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

ok fuck what you just read...it's whacked! don't shoot 3cc's in your Karo!

Make sure you do up 100ml of purified water and 1 teaspoon of Karo. Use a solid lid for your 1/2 pint jar. No innoc hole needed. Get it on as tight as you can. PC for 15 mins. GRADUAL HEAT! you don't want it to carmelize or it'll cause mutants. Let it cool, obviously! Your Karo jar must be clear, not cloudy, if not, do it again. In a glove box, shake the shit out of your syringe and shoot a few drops of what you have left. YES, drops! There are still zillions of spores left in your syringe. If you shoot too much the spores will compete and eat up all the nutrients and it will stall. TRUST ME! Incubate at 86 degrees and you should see some white stuff by 2nd or 3rd day. Anything other than white is a contam. Good luck!

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Kyro Tek question... [Re: Fety]
    #2366906 - 02/22/04 03:25 AM (20 years, 30 days ago)

Hmmm I didn't think that would be an issue. I figure more spores = more mycellium. Since spores aren't in tight supply for most growers I assume most use considerably more than that with out problems.

Certainly using a few drops conserves more, but by the time the mycellium is competing for resources its ready to use! It doesn't really make sense...

SM

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale