Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: Geeno]
    #2349679 - 02/18/04 12:45 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Genesis 1:29 Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

There seems to be only one plant God said not to eat, "the tree of good and evil", everything else seems to be optional, it's up to each and every person on earth to decide on what plants to put into there bodies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Portland, OR
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: JCoke]
    #2352708 - 02/19/04 12:35 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

JCoke: Although that is true, that was said before Adam and Eve sinned, and everything got corrupted.

Did you know based on the Bible it is because of their sin and disobeying God that there are thorns on roses???

The bible also mentioned that because of their sin, men will have to work for their food, and women will have pain during labor.

I think after they sinned there was also an induction of poisinous chemicals along with the other consiquences of their actions.

Edited by HidingInPlainSight (02/19/04 12:39 AM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2354451 - 02/19/04 01:16 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If anyone takes the story of Adam and Eve as anything but a metaphor, they might want to reconsider it. :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2354572 - 02/19/04 01:52 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

> Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

I have always taken this to be a metaphor of the transition from a state of oneness/egolessness to a state of judgement, want, and desire.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: Seuss]
    #2354614 - 02/19/04 02:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Genesis 2:16-17 And the LORD God commanded the man, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die."

I have always taken this to be a metaphor of the transition from a state of oneness/egolessness to a state of judgement, want, and desire.

I sort of take it as the start of awareness. I liken the Garden of Eden to a state of ignorant bliss...

If you have everything taken care of for you, you aren't exactly going to have a reason to evolve further.. there is no reason to. Well, add that polarity, add that "evil", and you then have a catalyst for further evolution. :wink:

I didn't explain it well, but I should be able to find a link to someone who did already, Adamist.. time to search the archives! :grin:

And if it is to be taken in a literal sense, I would liken it to someone who has power over others and who wants to keep them under their control, actually. Its like, say, the government wants to keep the people happy and content, so they don't have a reason to question the government. Then the government would be free to do as they please as long as the people were left blissfully unaware.

Once the people eat from the tree of knowledge, so to speak, they see through the illusions that kept them in bliss. It could be possible that The Garden of Eden was a story of some slaves who came to find that they were kept in illusions to satisfy their master, "God"...

Damn, I'm not having luck forming my thoughts tonight.  :frown:

Anyways, I have NEVER seen how aquiring knowledge could ever be a bad thing, or a seperation of God... more like the seperation from the Roman Catholic Church to me, who would have had a lot more to lose back in the day, when basically the "modern" world was under their power....  :rolleyes:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineDoctorJ
"Nazi, Satanist Anti-Christ"
Male

Loc: space
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2354643 - 02/19/04 02:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

"the obstacle is the path"

-Old zen saying

--------------------
'You can go to a hospital
Get yourself cleaned out.'

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The corrupted church of today. [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #2354665 - 02/19/04 02:24 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

to quote George Carlin, "GOD NEEDS MONEY!"

I think most large religions nowadays have evolved into BIG BUSINESS and nothing more. another scam.. taking advantage of the fact that nobody really has any clue what's going on, "except for US! here join our church we'll show you the light!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains