Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineScolecite
enthusiast

Its reactions that are important, not the actuality
    #2353942 - 02/19/04 08:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Watching this fear factor clip made me think of this.

A girl had to be in a coffin with her nose plugged and swimming goggles on, then they dropped 500 Trarantulas on her and they got to crawl around for 1 minute.

This girl was crying and crying and just couldnt do it. Of course if she did she would get 1 Million.

So it got me thinking. Trantulas are totaly harmlees unless you really piss them off. Um, I guess the dumb blond girl didnt know that, and whats more she grew up in America the land of the bug haters.

Apparnetly US and england are the only places that dont have bugs on the menu. EVERY other country eats bugs, and thier first reactions are to jump on a chair when a cockroach scuttles by. Her fear was totaly created by the society she lived in. If you put and Aboriginal man in that coffin, he would just let the spiders crawl over him, and then collect his 1 million and go home. But for this girl it was like the end of the world. Kind of funny how our society shapes our thinking so much.

So the same actuality(bugs crawling on you) either makes you deathly afraid or indiffernt or hey maybe spiders are a sexual turn on for you. But more importatntly, I believe this is whats meant by "you create your own reality"

I believe the spider IS indeed all the things that it could interpreted as. Kind of all in one. The spiders actuality and existence IS scary, lovley, indifferent, interesting, violent, and everything else, all at once. It is us humans who choose how to look at the spider and what aspect of the spider we choose to identify with.

Same thing if you have low self esteem. You may look in the mirror and see a fat, ugly person. And you ARE that person. BUt you are also someone beautiful. Imagine a fat, nasty girl after you have been in prision for 3 years. She would be beautiful to you somehow, and I believe in fact that that beauty is there always, as well as the uglyness.

AM I being redundant, sorry, but I want to be clear on what IM saying.

~later~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Its reactions that are important, not the actuality [Re: Scolecite]
    #2354017 - 02/19/04 08:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

> EVERY other country eats bugs

I have not seen bugs on the menu in any European country that I have visited, nor have I seen it in Canada or any of the South American (only been to a few) countries that I have been to. The only places where I have seen this was in Asia.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order