Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 843 | 844 | 845 | 846 | 847 | 848 | 849 | 850 | 851 | 852 | 853 | 854 | 855 | 856 | 857 | 858 | 859 | 860 | 861 | 862 | 863 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLeftfield420
bong toker
Male

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #25133879 - 04/12/18 06:46 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

It's all gravy dude...2nd flush shoukd be finished in a few days.. Pinning up nicely

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Leftfield420]
    #25133963 - 04/12/18 07:29 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

question

how do growers get away with noccing up tons of pf tek jars with just a spore syringe but it is a less than favorable method with grain jars?

Invisiblehamloaf
Pork Block
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation is turned off.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: thelanzii] * 1
    #25133979 - 04/12/18 07:39 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

No expansion happens because colony remains unbroken, so bacteria isn't able to become a mold vector.  Any mold spores in syringe become spread out.  Inoculating 24 cakes with a syringe that had 2 mold spores in it results in losing (at the most) 2 cakes while rest of cakes remain clean.

--------------------

How I Get Stuff done. - My Reference Guide. - My Grows.

Offlinesangreen
Dunce
 User Gallery

Loc: Enceladus
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: hamloaf]
    #25134075 - 04/12/18 08:24 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Going to use colloidal silver in half my agar tonight as an experiment. I can't find anyone who's done this before online, so experiment time?

--------------------
I figured it out, what life is about
It crawled into my brain and it's starting to sprout

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: sangreen]
    #25134176 - 04/12/18 09:00 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

taken from webmd about colloidal silver

Quote:

Colloidal silver is LIKELY UNSAFE when taken by mouth, applied to the skin, or injected intravenously (by IV). The silver in colloidal silver products gets deposited into organs such as the skin, liver, spleen, kidney, muscle, and brain. This can lead to an irreversible bluish looking skin that first appears in the gums. It can also stimulate melanin production in skin, and areas exposed to the sun will become increasingly discolored.

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Offlinesangreen
Dunce
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: JHOVA]
    #25134240 - 04/12/18 09:18 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

That's why it's an experiment, haha. I'm not dosing myself with it, I'd be adding it to the agar solution, pre-PC. It may or may not be an antimicrobial agent, but it's mostly hippie pseudoscience BS, as far as I can tell (but alternative-medicine-consuming roommate swears by it. Likely placebo?). I'm not concerned about the health effects, since it takes a lot of silver to make someone blue.

--------------------

InvisibleLemgrub
 User Gallery

#25134266 - 04/12/18 09:30 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

sangreen said:
That's why it's an experiment, haha. I'm not dosing myself with it, I'd be adding it to the agar solution, pre-PC. It may or may not be an antimicrobial agent, but it's mostly hippie pseudoscience BS, as far as I can tell (but alternative-medicine-consuming roommate swears by it. Likely placebo?). I'm not concerned about the health effects, since it takes a lot of silver to make someone blue.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but sounds like a waste of time. No studies back up colloidal silver for anything medicinal and the FDA claims it has no beneficial impacts on health. Meaning it's likely not antimicrobial. If I were to try a metal for antibacterial properties in agar it'd be copper.

--------------------
We getting that pirate bay, alien shishkebab cordycep money

InvisibleJHOVA
Post whore
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Lemgrub]
    #25134269 - 04/12/18 09:32 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Did you miss the part that says not to ingest or apply to skin?

--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Loc: Exact Center
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: JHOVA]
    #25134287 - 04/12/18 09:38 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Give me one good reason to do it. Even if it will help avoid bacteria it's a crutch that will keep you from knowing if you have good technique. Even just a media that doesn't support bacteria sketches me out because I want to know if I'm on top of my shit

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.

OfflineSloppyJoseph
Non-sporalator
Male User Gallery

#25134332 - 04/12/18 09:49 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

sangreen said:

That's retarded.

--------------------
AMU Q&A

Offlinesangreen
Dunce
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: SloppyJoseph] * 1
    #25134457 - 04/12/18 10:47 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

SloppyJoseph said:
Quote:

sangreen said:

That's retarded.

I appreciate your nuanced critique and look forward to future correspondence.

--------------------

OfflineSloppyJoseph
Non-sporalator
Male User Gallery

#25134480 - 04/12/18 11:01 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

:goodday:

--------------------
AMU Q&A

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: SloppyJoseph]
    #25134497 - 04/12/18 11:14 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

No reason to play with your health. All the tools are at your disposal to grow shitload of shrooms already

--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
    #25134637 - 04/13/18 01:29 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

And there's also the fact that silver surfaces are used as antiseptic surfaces in hospitals, because it kills germs.(Sorry Germs, hospitals aren't for you...)

I won't start screaming that ionic silver or colloidal silver is a magic bullet for anything, but I'd also not jump to conclusions because some source has said some unfounded claim about health issues arising from not dropping it in agar. (edit: I say unfounded because in the recommended amounts it is SAFE. The fact  that it's not when you drink gallons of the stuff in hopes of becoming a smurf, is only testament to the stupidity of man, and if it were ibuprofen, that would be the consensus as well. Argyria has long been documented, and so has the fact that it doesn't cause Argyria if taken in appropriate doses and in the right form.)

That being said, I'd say use a high strength colloidal silver undiluted, just add nutrients and agar, and a control plate. Then open it up to open air together next to one another for the same amount of time, then close back up and wait for a comparison a week or so later.

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

Edited by LizardWizard (04/13/18 01:32 AM)

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: LizardWizard]
    #25135038 - 04/13/18 08:05 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Okay, but why? I still don't understand why people want to make it harder for bacteria to show on agar... That's the whole point of using agar...

--------------------

InvisibleGerms
Space Force
 User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Trusted Cultivator
    #25135064 - 04/13/18 08:15 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Sometimes you gotta suck your own dick

--------------------

InvisibleLizardWizard
GnomeGrower
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the parking lot
    #25135068 - 04/13/18 08:16 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

It's not the point to make them less visible, the point is to put a culture with hitchhiking contams onto a plate made with colloidal silver, as to give the culture the equivalent of an IV drip of antibiotics, but then in a more natural way since antibiotics are also known to weaken fungi. Run a contam culture over that media for 4-5 plates, and who knows, might do a whole lot better..? That's for him to find out.

Another why is for scientific advancement.

--------------------
The best things in life
can be smelled on one's fingers.

InvisibleHumble Newcomer
Diddler de niños
I'm a teapot

#25135096 - 04/13/18 08:32 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

I don't have an opinion on the silver, thought I'd mention peroxide agar in case no one had tried it.

I did a lot of wild cloning not long ago anf hope to do much more in the future so I was looking into ways I could make an agar just for wild captures, maybe antibacterial but I'm a pretty big opponent of people using purell all thr time and dumping antibacterials down the drain.

it's guilt free as far as dumping it, won't allow contaminate spores to germinate on it, and living tissue can grow out just fine.

That's what I heard anyway it's gonna be my first step in that direction w agar

--------------------
How I made my mush GH

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Canharo]
    #25135110 - 04/13/18 08:37 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Canharo said:
:lmafo: Holy shit haha I had just left to the grocery store & remember that I when I made my agar today I rushed it into the pressure cooker and I left the caps on my media bottles TIGHT & forgot to cover with foil. I've been using snapple bottles with SFD's for pouring and I finally spent the money on proper media bottles and almost blow them up a week after getting them. :laugh2: Fortunately when I got home & it was cool enough to open they were still tight, & in one piece. Coool now I can continue as planned
:derp:

They'll be fine. They're way stronger than mason jars. And Mason jars are in their intended use air tight with a screwed on cap. People seem to forget that and assume closed jars are bombs for some reason

Dump the pressure at the end of the cycle and you might crack em.

Offlinetryptkaloids
Learner
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #25135146 - 04/13/18 08:53 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

LizardWizard said:
It's not the point to make them less visible, the point is to put a culture with hitchhiking contams onto a plate made with colloidal silver, as to give the culture the equivalent of an IV drip of antibiotics, but then in a more natural way since antibiotics are also known to weaken fungi. Run a contam culture over that media for 4-5 plates, and who knows, might do a whole lot better..? That's for him to find out.

Another why is for scientific advancement.

So, put a rare metal to get bacteria out of a culture instead of the tried and true hot pour? Makes sense...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 843 | 844 | 845 | 846 | 847 | 848 | 849 | 850 | 851 | 852 | 853 | 854 | 855 | 856 | 857 | 858 | 859 | 860 | 861 | 862 | 863 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag