Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2947 | 2948 | 2949 | 2950 | 2951 | 2952 | 2953 | 2954 | 2955 | 2956 | 2957 | 2958 | 2959 | 2960 | 2961 | 2962 | 2963 | 2964 | 2965 | 2966 | 2967 | Next > | Last >
OfflineA.k.aM
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaming the system
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Pickle Rick] * 2
    #28066829 - 11/23/22 11:41 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

It’s not the sweat so much as the growth patterns. Picking out problems in spawn is by far the hardest part of mush cult imo.

And also yes, some bacteria is definitely not a big deal most of the time. You’ll prob catch trich in the middle of the second flush but you’ll still get a decent amount of mushrooms.

--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #28067415 - 11/24/22 12:18 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Free liners from the state, life time baby

--------------------
Willpower is the one true virtue

OfflinePadaone
Mycophage

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: A.k.a]
    #28069278 - 11/25/22 06:31 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Yeah, for me it was the irregularities when growing that I was the most sus of. It all smelt great and broke up nice and easy. It has since been spawned..we will see.

Edited by Padaone (11/25/22 06:31 PM)

Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Padaone] * 5
    #28069944 - 11/26/22 10:24 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Confirmed: You can just pour 1-2 cl of a light lager pilsner/beer, add agar, and it turns into a viable plate.

--------------------

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: 🌌
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Inocuole] * 1
    #28069967 - 11/26/22 10:48 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I think only Europeans use "cl" as a mesure.

Americans live in the past with the imperial system.

While over here we mostly use metric but would say 100-200ml instead of 1-2cl.

Edit: sorry for the offtopic, I was just thinking out loud

--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Edited by Rusty2096 (11/26/22 10:48 AM)

InvisibleShrimps
Traveler
I'm a teapot

Loc: Under the sea
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Rusty2096] * 2
    #28069969 - 11/26/22 10:49 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Rusty2096 said:
I think only Europeans use "cl" as a mesure.

Americans live in the past with the imperial system.

While over here we mostly use metric but would say 100-200ml instead of 1-2cl.

Edit: sorry for the offtopic, I was just thinking out loud

100ml - 200ml would be 10 - 20 cl ;-)

:hug:

--------------------
I am not crazy, I prefer the term mentally hillarious.

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture
Recognizing and dealing with contamination

πŸ…ƒ πŸ„΄ πŸ„° πŸ„Ό    πŸ„² πŸ„» πŸ„Έ πŸ„½ πŸ„Ά πŸ…† πŸ… πŸ„° πŸ„Ώ

OfflineRusty2096
rah rah raw in Lady gaga

Loc: 🌌
    #28069970 - 11/26/22 10:50 AM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Oh damn you are right and I guess that is exactly why we only use ml over here :lol:

--------------------
Currently looking for nothing. You guys who sent me stuff are straight up awesome!. :mushroom2:

We don't own things - things own us.

Semi-solid liquid culture (SSLC)

Offlinedevlsletusfungi
The
Loc: United States
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Rusty2096]
    #28070091 - 11/26/22 12:20 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Just asking for a second opinion on these cakes. A different set. These were done with LC in BRF. And I was being stingy with the culture about.8 per jar and some of the injection sites didn't germinate. But the Mycel moved alaround the top of the jar and ahas slowly been moving down. 3 weeks since inoculated and a few sings in temp(Mostly down got up to 86 once tho. Is it pinning due to contam or just along time to full colonization.. or a combo as the dry verm has been falling down. I don't see any metabolites or color, just pin sets. Still smells like mushroom in the incubator. Any opinion is greatly appreciated.

Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: devlsletusfungi]
    #28070099 - 11/26/22 12:32 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Tell me how that tek is even remotely inferior to 99% of all the teks here

tell me

--------------------

OnlineSmellyhobbitM
Actual Retard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hole
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Inocuole]
    #28070100 - 11/26/22 12:34 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Somethings been nagging at me lately. There’s plenty of options for plenty of procedures. Agar recipes, grain preps, substrate mixes - but is there truly no definitive, provably superior option?

My white whale right now is grain prep. I’m following p9’s millet prep, which I have no doubt is effective and perfectly serviceable. Compare this with no prep recipes or even boil recipes and it starts to make you think. We are wired to order things hierarchically, and surely grain preps must fall into an order, right?

We know there’s wrong ways to prep grain. And we know there’s more than one approach to preparing any given grain. So that leaves a lot of space in between for superior and inferior preps.

Are there objectively best practices when it comes to methods of preparation, and if so have they been collected in a single document/post?

--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
A Guide for New Growers
Growth 2023 - A Year In Review

Just because your tub contamed, doesn’t mean your attitude has to contam as well. :mushroom:

Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: devlsletusfungi]
    #28070101 - 11/26/22 12:34 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

smalltalk_canceled said:
Confirmed: You can just pour 1-2 cl of a light lager pilsner/beer, add agar, and it turns into a viable plate.

Tell me how that tek is even remotely inferior to 99% of all the teks here

tell me

it wins on being fast easy
no tricks
malt solution already made bro
alcohol will cook out

--------------------

Offlinedevlsletusfungi
The
Loc: United States
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #28070106 - 11/26/22 12:37 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

When batching cakes could I make the dry verm layer a little thicker?

OnlineSmellyhobbitM
Actual Retard
Male User Gallery

#28070109 - 11/26/22 12:38 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

I usually use the PF mix up to that lip where the bottom of the lid sits then fill it the rest of the way up with dry verm. Any more than that is probably a waste of time

--------------------
A Guide for New Growers

Just because your tub contamed, doesn’t mean your attitude has to contam as well. :mushroom:

InvisibleShrimps
Traveler
I'm a teapot

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 2
    #28070115 - 11/26/22 12:42 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Smellyhobbit said:
Somethings been nagging at me lately. There’s plenty of options for plenty of procedures. Agar recipes, grain preps, substrate mixes - but is there truly no definitive, provably superior option?

My white whale right now is grain prep. I’m following p9’s millet prep, which I have no doubt is effective and perfectly serviceable. Compare this with no prep recipes or even boil recipes and it starts to make you think. We are wired to order things hierarchically, and surely grain preps must fall into an order, right?

We know there’s wrong ways to prep grain. And we know there’s more than one approach to preparing any given grain. So that leaves a lot of space in between for superior and inferior preps.

Are there objectively best practices when it comes to methods of preparation, and if so have they been collected in a single document/post?

Good point SH! That also went through my mind, and I think the real point here is, that you know what it should be/how it should look in the end. In my opinion the best way is the way that you feel more comfortable with. For example, there are alot of people that do noprep. It works for them great, but when I tried it, I just didn't feel comfortable as with the way I preped my grain before. Even if my way takes much more hours and maybe a bit a discussion topic (due to fermentation etc), for me that way had always worked out great.

I stick to what I feel comfortable working. Same with Agar, I tried no prep version etc... I see people have great success with it and no condensation. well,... I didn't get that what other people achieved with it. So I stay with my pour Glass petri dishes as I always have done it.

In the end, the endproduct is the same, just different ways to get there.

Alot of people argue about what grain to use. But tbh, I've seen the best results with all of the different grains, everything works. You just have to find what you feel comfortable with.

IMO :laugh:

Give me a :hug:

Edit: alot of teks is about saving time, having little effort etc... But for me that isn't really important, since it's my hobby anyway, I also don't mind spending time on it ;-)

Editedit: Aswell as, I barely measure anything :P I know, some treat mushcult like rocketscience. It's fun and very interesting. But not really necessary imo.

--------------------

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture

Edited by Shrimps (11/26/22 12:46 PM)

OnlineSmellyhobbitM
Actual Retard
Male User Gallery

#28070161 - 11/26/22 01:06 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Shrimps of course is right. Thats what’s been so interesting to me. Why does something work flawlessly for one person and not at all for the next? Is it human error? Variance in materials? Luck?

Whatever the cause, it is ultimately better to have many ways of achieving the same result. I’m wondering if some sort of comprehensive, top-down troubleshooting flowchart for common issues would be a good thing to have. Something that would work for any prep where you run into problems.

I don’t know. Just thinking out loud.

--------------------
A Guide for New Growers

InvisibleShrimps
Traveler
I'm a teapot

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #28070177 - 11/26/22 01:14 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Smellyhobbit said:
Shrimps of course is right. Thats what’s been so interesting to me. Why does something work flawlessly for one person and not at all for the next? Is it human error? Variance in materials? Luck?

Whatever the cause, it is ultimately better to have many ways of achieving the same result. I’m wondering if some sort of comprehensive, top-down troubleshooting flowchart for common issues would be a good thing to have. Something that would work for any prep where you run into problems.

I don’t know. Just thinking out loud.

You mean something like this: https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24420178#24420178

Just regarding each specific Tek? Alot of work^^

For me (I am now loosing my virginity to growing pans), I have read the Thread from Asura and from Babayaga. I kind of combined both, using the preparation methods that I felt most comfortable with. It's still running, so can't give any update on how it worked out. But I went on it the same way as when I first started with cubes 14yrs. ago.

Sometimes I just wanted to achieve the same result in a prep method, but always failed. So I just stopped it and did it an other way that worked for me, and I got results.

I think all of the Teks work great, the reason why someone has less success with a Tek where others have great success is in my opinion often because the people don't feel confident enough in what they are doing.

I could also be totally wrong, that just how I see it. I don't think such a flowchart would work for everyone. Because maybe someone understands it and an other maybe doesn't. :shrug:

Edit: something I haven't considered yet is also, that someone understands why it works and has success with it, while the other doesn't understand how or why it works and in that scenario makes exactly there the mistake.

--------------------

Agar - The way to go!
Clean spawn checklist
Proper Surface Moisture

Edited by Shrimps (11/26/22 01:22 PM)

OfflineYoshiTrainer
Onion tied to belt
 User Gallery

Loc: Castles made of sand
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Shrimps] * 6
    #28070311 - 11/26/22 02:44 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

For me, part of the fun is figuring out what works for me with the materials I have. Then how to make it better or just experimenting beyond that. There is no way I could flip my lid on a tub, fan or even leave it cracked.  I'd come back to a sleeping feline, Legos, glitter and mold in my tubs. So I run aquarium pumps and bubblers. Plus something might not be best practice for all but for an individual it makes sense. Someone with access to well composted Hpoo and straw bedding might not need blocks of COIR or vermiculite. There are many ways to achieve success in this hobby, much of it as you guys mention, is preference.

Btw, because I'm always getting interrupted, I no-prep as much as I can!

OfflinedrVetker
Stranger

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: YoshiTrainer]
    #28070328 - 11/26/22 02:59 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

PF Tek going wrong
Hi guys, any idea what is going on with my pf tek? This is my first grow. The second flush started but seems to be slow to develop and today i noticed the little caps seem to be starting to open.
The fruiting bodies are way too small to for the caps to start opening.
Any idea what am I doing wrong?
I keep the humidity above 90 %, the temp is around 20 C all the time.
The one thing I think i'm off with is the size of the SGFC, that I believe is too big for only two cakes, each around 400 ml volume.
There was a third cake in the chamber that I made with rye flour that didn't fruit and I chucked it out since it was getting suspicious green spots that seemd like it could be mold.

Edited by drVetker (11/26/22 03:00 PM)

Offlineschpat
psychesomadelic
 User Gallery

Loc: South Africa
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: YoshiTrainer]
    #28070331 - 11/26/22 02:59 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

crack's no-prep millet for me.  Haven't had a bacterial jar in the last 60 odd jars I've run.

--------------------

InvisibleVinci
I'm You
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: schpat]
    #28070350 - 11/26/22 03:14 PM (1 year, 4 months ago)

Sup gangsters. I’m running PF tek (multispore to get clone cultures) for the first time in 3 years. I actively run monos. Wondering what y’all think about fruiting my cakes in an Pastywhite EZ dial mono with 8qts of wet perlite in my room that is well dialed for pasty monos rather than a SGFC. No holes in the bottom. Much less holes in general. Probably will need less misting. My monos love these tubs, will my cakes? Thx bros :smile:

--------------------
Vinci luh you

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2947 | 2948 | 2949 | 2950 | 2951 | 2952 | 2953 | 2954 | 2955 | 2956 | 2957 | 2958 | 2959 | 2960 | 2961 | 2962 | 2963 | 2964 | 2965 | 2966 | 2967 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck