Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 2187 | 2188 | 2189 | 2190 | 2191 | 2192 | 2193 | 2194 | 2195 | 2196 | 2197 | 2198 | 2199 | 2200 | 2201 | 2202 | 2203 | 2204 | 2205 | 2206 | 2207 | Next > | Last >
OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Sankhara]
    #27168622 - 01/25/21 08:16 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sankhara said:

Would this be a viable alternative to myco bags? The filter would be polyfil.

Another way would be to use like 5-6 micropore layers.

And if neither of those is a good alternative maybe using a zip tie to close the bag would also allow for gas exchange?

Quote:

Contaminated air cannot travel through obscure pathways in all circumstances

so if the zip tie allowed for GE it would be a viable alternative

Here i cant get unicorn bags or any other type of myco bag. The only way to use bags would be making them myself

Anybody?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
    #27168625 - 01/25/21 08:18 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Will these syringe caps work with these barrels?

--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can

OfflinePitcherCrab
Crescent Fresh

Loc: The bottom of the sea.
Trusted Cultivator
    #27168627 - 01/25/21 08:22 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sankhara said:
Quote:

Sankhara said:

Would this be a viable alternative to myco bags? The filter would be polyfil.

Another way would be to use like 5-6 micropore layers.

And if neither of those is a good alternative maybe using a zip tie to close the bag would also allow for gas exchange?

Quote:

Contaminated air cannot travel through obscure pathways in all circumstances

so if the zip tie allowed for GE it would be a viable alternative

Here i cant get unicorn bags or any other type of myco bag. The only way to use bags would be making them myself

Anybody?

Yes, but stick the polyfill in the neck of the bag and ziptie around where the polyfill is. I've seen other peeps do it on the forum.

--------------------
PC's LAGM 2021 (TOC & TWC)
P. natalensis Growlog 2021
Pans for PC Fall 2021 Growlog

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.” - Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

OfflineSchemenhaft
Oachkatzlschwoaf
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right side of the big poo...
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #27168683 - 01/25/21 09:04 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

So guys, I could need a bit of help now.
I have now all in all six MonoTubs 22l running, all Multispore B+ - Pinset and yield is "okay" but could be way better in relation to the stuff I'll see here.

My tubs are all at around 22°C the whole time, got a lightcycle of 12/12 and 99% humidity most of the time.
Whats the way to get a good pinset? Means when I look down from the top its difficult to see the cake.

I am cloning right now the best shrooms, but does this make such a crazy change for the pinset?
What I have found with the searchbar is not helping me directly, still unsure what I need to do now to get nice pinsets.

--------------------

InvisibleModularMind
M.P.F.
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Schemenhaft]
    #27168685 - 01/25/21 09:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Camera93 said:
Will [url=https://www.amazon.com/Value-Syringe-Dispensing-Needle-Storage/dp/B07GQWT344/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=Syringe Tip Caps&qid=1611587753&sr=8-9&ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1]these[/url] syringe caps work with these barrels?

Yes.
Those caps are for both luer lock and slip syringes.

Offlineswinghigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Failboat]
    #27168698 - 01/25/21 09:16 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Like I mentioned before time isn't an issue but making the lab as cheap as possible,and as effective as possible is ideal and jars are cheaper and they have the added safeguard that if in the event of an unknown contamination I lose a quart jar and not 5 pound of f$*%ING spawn thsts why im hesatant on the bags. But as long as I keep everything under the flow hood and keep up with aseptic cleaning technique then I should be ok.

And why in the world would I switch over to slow ass LC when I'm running clean cultures from master slants to petrie then to jars all under a flow hood then all I have to do is colonize my jars and have 60 or 100 master jars for my bags thats the most logical way to go about it. lC are way to long and a pain in the ass to use and make. So thats out of the question.

Edited by swinghigh (01/25/21 09:20 AM)

OfflineGypsyBastard
Misanthrope
 User Gallery

Loc: The Mighty Boosh
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Fietchen]
    #27168710 - 01/25/21 09:23 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Fietchen said:
Quote:

GypsyBastard said:
Quote:

Fietchen said:
Hey Guy's important question. I hydrate my 300g dry Coco Brick with 1.5 lifer water. Is the mix OK? Do you mist on Topf if the surface? I in worry my Bulk is not good enough.

Looks a bit dry from the photo but a little hard to tell and I am no expert. Generally the aim of bulk like mono or shoebox is a set and forget approach but they can take some dialing in until you know your environment and material's qualities. Which tek did you follow?

I don't follow a Tek just watch some Grows and mix my Bulk litte naive.. I belive the Moisture is good but the spawn was not enough for the substrate next time more spawn. It takes litte longer know.

What is your spawn ratio and how long did you wait? Not sure I follow what you're saying but I've had 1:4 spawn:sub work out fine so if you have 300G of coir then 1qt of spawn would have been fine. Some pics of the sides of the tub may help also.
I highly recommend finding a bulk tek and following it. They exist because they work and it can obviate a lot of the guess work and questions the winging it brings up. Find out what works, then make adjustments as needed.

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Camera93]
    #27168737 - 01/25/21 09:41 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Camera93 said:
Will these syringe caps work with these barrels?

The luer lock connection of all syringes is standardized (luer slips too), which means they're made equally regardless of syringe size and/or brand. That way you can lock any needle or syringe cap onto any luer lock syringe.

The problem is that those caps you linked to don't seem to come sterile or individually wrapped (which is a must to ensure sterility).
I have never been able to find autoclavable pp5 syringe caps (as far as I know they don't make them) and it doesn't say nowhere in the description that those are pp5, so I'd look up actual medical suppliers online because those are sure to carry actual sterile caps.

You could also try your luck and buy those you linked, maybe they can take a PC cycle without warping or melting.

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Josex]
    #27168744 - 01/25/21 09:48 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is what I'm talking about.

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Josex]
    #27168745 - 01/25/21 09:49 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I looks like someone asked the material and the seller answered

--------------------

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #27168748 - 01/25/21 09:52 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I wouldn't trust it :lol:
Lost count of how many times the seller just tells you what you want to hear. Those look like the usual average caps I find that are never pp5, I'd be surprised if they were.

If you buy them please let me know how they hold up, been looking for autoclavable caps for ages.

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Failboat]
    #27168754 - 01/25/21 09:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Quirkmeister92 said:
I got 50lb rye, 100lb wheat, 200lb oats, and 100lb milo. Milo is for master jars into bags of oats. The Rye and wheat will get LC. I figure one bottle may stretch for a whole 50lb bag of grain.

While on the subject of time management and efficiency, I've found that using heat to prep grains to be very inefficient. I've gone from boiling 50lb bags of wheat to simply soaking 50lb bags of millet overnight with only maybe 20-30 mins of drain time.

Removing the need for an energy intensive prep has seriously decreased the amount of prep time and energy expenditure including a serious reduction in the heat and steam produced by prep and cycle. Under and over hydration is a thing of the past as well, the small seeds readily hydrate without effort or the need for a discerning eye for appropriate hydration.

Having to prep more than one energy intensive grain sounds awful. I do love wheat however,just not the heat and energy required to prep it.

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27168763 - 01/25/21 10:03 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Do you use the overnight soak across the board on grain prep?

--------------------

InvisibleStipe-n CapMDiscord
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #27168766 - 01/25/21 10:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Camera93 said:

I've tried to soak both wheat and oats without any success, I hate oats period. Wheat is the tits but it takes forever to heat up my giant ss pot to boil wheat, so, fuck that. Wheat was better for smaller runs, at least for me. Too energy intensive.

I soak millet from sometime in the evening until the next morning, drain for 30 mins and then bag. I find that my millet sprouts around the 24 hour mark so I just soak overnight and it works well.

OfflineSankhara
Trump's lost child

Loc: Argentina Flag
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: PitcherCrab]
    #27168827 - 01/25/21 10:39 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PitcherCrab said:

Yes, but stick the polyfill in the neck of the bag and ziptie around where the polyfill is. I've seen other peeps do it on the forum.

Thanks!! And how would you go about inoculating them? I cant see how it would be possible with agar. Thats why i was considering making an opening with several (5-6) micropore layers for GE

InvisibleEZPZyaBZ
J u s t V i s i t i n g

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: TedsDead]
    #27168848 - 01/25/21 10:51 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TedsDead said:
75x fits 16 941 fits 21

One more jar than I go for in the 75x, and one more jar than the other guy said he does his 941, all hail Ted the mighty canner-crammer. :wink:

I tend to err on the side of "fits easy" rather than "cram-her-she-can-take-it" lol but I will try for 16 next run of jars. An extra jar is an extra jar.

:cheers:

Offlineclockworkshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#27168851 - 01/25/21 10:52 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Camera93 said:

What is the advantage? In Bod's tek he doesn't even soak them. Sorry if that is a dumb question. I've just prepped 16 whole oat jars :smile:

1. Get oats up to boil
2. Boil for 45 mins
3. Drain for around 1.5 hours til not much moisture left on paper towel
4. Loads jars
5. PC jars

--------------------
p9hu7's clean spawn thread

Offlineswinghigh
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: clockworkshroom]
    #27168876 - 01/25/21 11:05 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

use triple washed race oats for everything. and i dont boil i follow bods no boil tek and tweak it a bit. basically i just get my water to a rolling boil then take my ots drop them in the boiling water leave on the highest setting i can manage at a steady rolling boil, i leave that for 25 minutes or untill i notice the grain has absorbed the right amount of water uually once a few grains pop i know they are good then i let them air dry on a screen for an hour or more then i load into jars and into the canner they go. now i do pressure cook my grains for 2hrs instad of the standard 1:40 minutes 

soaking your grain is unnecessary in my opinion and i havent soaked grain in almost 5 years sooooooooo ya. nore do i wash my jars i just rise them with hot water then stack to dry and use em. your pressure cooker should kill anything and everything thats an issue. some people still think you need to soak 24hr to hatch endospores. ive found this to be false. soaking for 24hrs has never benefited me in any way.

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27168882 - 01/25/21 11:08 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

clockworkshroom said:
Quote:

Camera93 said:

What is the advantage? In Bod's tek he doesn't even soak them. Sorry if that is a dumb question. I've just prepped 16 whole oat jars :smile:

1. Get oats up to boil
2. Boil for 45 mins
3. Drain for around 1.5 hours til not much moisture left on paper towel
4. Loads jars
5. PC jars

The advantage is:

Quote:

p9hu7 said:

While on the subject of time management and efficiency, I've found that using heat to prep grains to be very inefficient. I've gone from boiling 50lb bags of wheat to simply soaking 50lb bags of millet overnight with only maybe 20-30 mins of drain time.

Removing the need for an energy intensive prep has seriously decreased the amount of prep time and energy expenditure including a serious reduction in the heat and steam produced by prep and cycle. Under and over hydration is a thing of the past as well, the small seeds readily hydrate without effort or the need for a discerning eye for appropriate hydration.

Having to prep more than one energy intensive grain sounds awful. I do love wheat however,just not the heat and energy required to prep it.

Eric Myers preps his grain this way, as far as his videos shows.
I'd like to just be able to soak my grain overnight, drain and PC. Someone else may want to use a method that allows for you to hydrate/PC in the shortest time frame, I can wait a day :shrug:

But it also takes forever for my burner to get a large pot of water to boil

I think you guys are misunderstanding the purpose of soaking here. Its not in addition to boiling, its in leu of.

--------------------

OfflineCamera93
We got dicks like Jesus
I'm a teapot

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Camera93] * 1
    #27168884 - 01/25/21 11:09 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 2187 | 2188 | 2189 | 2190 | 2191 | 2192 | 2193 | 2194 | 2195 | 2196 | 2197 | 2198 | 2199 | 2200 | 2201 | 2202 | 2203 | 2204 | 2205 | 2206 | 2207 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale