Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 1182 | 1183 | 1184 | 1185 | 1186 | 1187 | 1188 | 1189 | 1190 | 1191 | 1192 | 1193 | 1194 | 1195 | 1196 | 1197 | 1198 | 1199 | 1200 | 1201 | 1202 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #25964450 - 04/30/19 01:59 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Did “The Poke” with a syringe to test this culture before I do it to LC. Sure doesn’t look like it got anything but I guess that’s the point.

Hopefully I squirted enough water on the plates :shrug:

Edited by Legend21 (04/30/19 02:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: tryptkaloids]
    #25964507 - 04/30/19 02:34 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Firstttimer said:
I dryed rather little fruits about 7 hours, all cracker dry and stems didn't bended and cracked . Is it possible to lose about gram in weight?
I re weighted today and end result was 1 gram less than first weighting.
Just curious is it possible dry fruits can loose this weight or I was sloppy . They're all in baggies
Weight of fruits in jar was exactly right

If you're losing weight after you dehydrated they weren't dehydrated enough. Here's a great thread to see why you should just dehydrate for 24 hours.

Quote:

tryptkaloids said:
Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
Quote:

nulls said:
I've stopped overmisting/watering and my shoeboxes are loving it and some are going between flushes without needing misting. Neglect FTW!

:awethumb:

It's not neglect, it's called good prep! Shoeboxes should be (with some exception for specific varieties and locations) set-and-forget. If you're doing more after you spawn than just setting it on a shelf, then you need to do a better job of setting it up.

Not all environments are the same. I cant get away with shoeboxes without misting. It's dry af here

Yeah, I know some people have issues in super dry/humid environments. Bold/underline for emphasis on that. I try to be inclusive and clear. :heart:

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Legend21]
    #25964511 - 04/30/19 02:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Legend21 said:

On the plates?! I don't think that's where water is supposed to go.

Also, jesus what size needle did you use? That looks huge lol. Also, remember how Josex talks about your feelings :wink:

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: ShaperDreaming]
    #25964542 - 04/30/19 02:57 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
Quote:

Legend21 said:

On the plates?! I don't think that's where water is supposed to go.

Also, jesus what size needle did you use? That looks huge lol. Also, remember how Josex talks about your feelings :wink:

Haha I know he says fuck yo feelings!

Yeah I squirted water on the plate to test the culture first then it says if the culture comes up clean after squirting water you can use that plate for the LC.

Like this picture in the tek but I didn’t do near that much water
https://files.shroomery.org/files/17-46/097534905-IMG_20171118_034836.jpg

And yeah it’s a big needle but it’s all I have. I think it’s like 18 gauge blunt tip. But I made sure not to take a “core” sample or whatever they call it where they get the whole plug of agar or whatever.

Offlineibuprofemin
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #25964627 - 04/30/19 03:51 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

When inoculating grain from agar, how big of a piece of mycelium do you need? I have some clean plates that are growing slowly but are clean. Figure a small piece would be all I need?

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: ibuprofemin]
    #25964645 - 04/30/19 04:00 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ibuprofemin said:
When inoculating grain from agar, how big of a piece of mycelium do you need? I have some clean plates that are growing slowly but are clean. Figure a small piece would be all I need?

The smaller you go the slower it will grow. I was just explaining how when I started out it was really helpful for me to do small af pieces (like 1/4" squars) so that I could watch it jump and progress slowly. It allowed the grain to go bad if it was going to turn too, which allowed me to see what part of my methodology went bad. But those jars took so.fucking.long. Also, the more risky I think the plate is the smaller I transfer too.

If you want to go fast AF go for a tiger drop of sagari (search function is your friend). Softer agar will help the myc spread more quickly too if you shake it up.

Invisiblenulls
Male User Gallery

#25964720 - 04/30/19 04:39 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
Quote:

nulls said:
I've stopped overmisting/watering and my shoeboxes are loving it and some are going between flushes without needing misting. Neglect FTW!

:awethumb:

It's not neglect, it's called good prep! Shoeboxes should be (with some exception for specific varieties and locations) set-and-forget. If you're doing more after you spawn than just setting it on a shelf, then you need to do a better job of setting it up.

No doubt, it just feels like neglect when I want to mist them to death.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
    #25965320 - 04/30/19 10:38 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Legend21 said:

Yeah I squirted water on the plate to test the culture first then it says if the culture comes up clean after squirting water you can use that plate for the LC.

That's for testing the LC once its colonized, before inoculating your grains with it.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Bumholio]
    #25965661 - 05/01/19 04:19 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:
Quote:

Legend21 said:

That's for testing the LC once its colonized, before inoculating your grains with it.

I was wondering if that’s what it was but after re reading the tek many times it seems like he doesn’t test before inoculating his grains. He wouldn’t have a way to unless he poured from the jar onto the grains. In the tek it says

Quote:

Josex said:

This is a preliminary test that should be done before using a culture to inoculate the LC. It will dispel any doubts if you are not entirely sure about its cleanliness. Skip it at your own risk.

I was going to skip that step and just shoot it in the LC but figured I’d better do the preliminary test first since it’s my first time with LC.

InvisibleJ. Jack Flash
stranger than ever.

#25965745 - 05/01/19 06:26 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

legend, you're talking about the gangsta lc by josex? shaperd just pointed me in the same direction. i was thinking of doing a lot of little ones for practice. like a dozen half pint jars with about enough for one quart of grain each. i figure this would mitigate the untestedness. just sayin.

--------------------

the j stands for jesus.
2020 new years grow along

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #25965928 - 05/01/19 08:53 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:
legend, you're talking about the gangsta lc by josex? shaperd just pointed me in the same direction. i was thinking of doing a lot of little ones for practice. like a dozen half pint jars with about enough for one quart of grain each. i figure this would mitigate the untestedness. just sayin.

Yes that’s the tek im talking about. That’s a great idea I might do that also until I get the process down. That way you only lose a jar or two instead of thirty or more. And you’ll be able to identify which one caused the issue.

InvisibleBumholio
What's the craic
 User Gallery

Loc: Shroomsville
    #25965945 - 05/01/19 09:09 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

You should always test lc on agar before inoculating with it (skip at your own risk is right) unless you've a lot of experience using it. Itd be a good idea to put an injection port in the lid so you dont have to open it up to test it.

--------------------

"great things may come to those who wait, but only what's left by those who hustle"

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: Bumholio]
    #25965966 - 05/01/19 09:36 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Bumholio said:
You should always test lc on agar before inoculating with it (skip at your own risk is right) unless you've a lot of experience using it. Itd be a good idea to put an injection port in the lid so you dont have to open it up to test it.

Yeah I don’t think he tests it. Because he states this is a preliminary measure before inoculating the LC. I think the whole point of the tek is to get rid of SHIPs and other things that he lists as vectors.

Here’s the tek im reading I might be misunderstanding it but I don’t think so?

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24740168

But I do agree that it’s nice to test it for peace of mind first. But I think the idea of this is that you shouldn’t have to test it because your making sure it’s clean. But I’ll just experiment with it some and see how it goes.

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: J. Jack Flash]
    #25966070 - 05/01/19 10:39 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

J. Jack Flash said:

Yeah boyo! Sweet. I'm thinking I may have failed again at this tek. Three days in no growth, but a collection of particles at the bottom has started to happen... but it's SO FUCKING EASY to try. Also, I have a ton of syringes laying around for medical reasons, but they're all 1cc lol, so it's weird and challenging to use them in their own way since there's so little water to fuck around with.

You know what, if I fail again, I'll just keep doing it because like 1 agar plate could inoculate a few hundred gallons of this shit I'm sure. :shrug: It's neat and if I can get this technique down it will be super helpful for getting shit done!

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

#25966098 - 05/01/19 10:53 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I use 3ml syringes because that’s all I have. I can’t imagine a one ml :lol:

So you’re just not seeing growth? I’d just give it some time you might end up with a ton of LC jars lol

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

#25966154 - 05/01/19 11:41 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Legend21 said:
So you’re just not seeing growth? I’d just give it some time you might end up with a ton of LC jars lol

Well... I'm seeing a lot of particles that weren't there when I inoculated it. Makes me think it's bacterial based on images I've seen. I'm going to give it a couple more days, but :shrug: it doesn't cost me much and it's just an experiment. If I figure it out I'll be rolling in mycelium.

:rainingjoints:

OfflineLegend21
Legend
Male User Gallery

#25966158 - 05/01/19 11:45 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I want to figure out How to get clean LCs the possibility is endless. Then you can make bags full of sub and just inoculate with lc or make 100s of jars in days!!!!

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #25966175 - 05/01/19 11:51 AM (4 years, 10 months ago)

If you're doing enough good agar work to make LC then LC starts to loose its attractiveness as its an extra step and more workload plus the risk and the fact you should test it first. Who cares if a jar takes a little longer to colonize if you have a pipeline operation anyway you'll always be busy and fruiting anyway. Besides g2g is as fast anyway.

OfflineShaperDreaming
Weirdo
Female User Gallery

Re: Cultivation General Discussion [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25966198 - 05/01/19 12:01 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

bodhisatta said:
If you're doing enough good agar work to make LC then LC starts to loose its attractiveness as its an extra step and more workload plus the risk and the fact you should test it first. Who cares if a jar takes a little longer to colonize if you have a pipeline operation anyway you'll always be busy and fruiting anyway. Besides g2g is as fast anyway.

Thanks :heart: I'm mostly just fucking around to see if I can do it, and then also I can feel better recommending against it. Soft agar + g2g is super fast, and I don't really feel limited by that in any way... but LC looked fun so I'm seeing what I can do with it!

OfflineTweeq
Tweeq of Nature
Male

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #25966287 - 05/01/19 01:04 PM (4 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ShaperDreaming said:
Quote:

bodhisatta said:

Thanks :heart: I'm mostly just fucking around to see if I can do it, and then also I can feel better recommending against it. Soft agar + g2g is super fast, and I don't really feel limited by that in any way... but LC looked fun so I'm seeing what I can do with it!

Getting into the growing of both sclerotia and panaeolus as well, that's why I've been keeping busy experimenting with the Josex poke too, lately.

I usually see growth on day 4 or 5. It's still pretty cold here at times and I don't use a stirring device. Just shake the crap out of it, to break up the myc bubble, before I pull the LC into the syringe. The 60ml panaeolus syringes I made yesterday were 'poked' april 11th.

This may be obsolete for most grows but it's a ton of fun and I just use the plain leftover water from boiling my rye as LC. So the cost of trying are zero.. Have fun

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 1182 | 1183 | 1184 | 1185 | 1186 | 1187 | 1188 | 1189 | 1190 | 1191 | 1192 | 1193 | 1194 | 1195 | 1196 | 1197 | 1198 | 1199 | 1200 | 1201 | 1202 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom