Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamyloid
Stranger
is there any reason i shouldnt do this?
    #2352696 - 02/19/04 12:33 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i want to use tyvek as the container for my substrate, it will be cased with coir/verm. the tyvek is white, but thats not a huge deal for me. im just concerned about it drying out or something from being exposed. there will be a high cfm pc fan blowing directly at it when its in the fruiting rubbermaid.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
Re: is there any reason i shouldnt do this? [Re: amyloid]
    #2352740 - 02/19/04 12:42 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

did you post something a week ago about drying in a tyvek envelope?

secondly, why?

it should not dry out if casedin normal curcomstances. why have a fan blow on it?

Offlinemitemouse
Student

Re: is there any reason i shouldnt do this? [Re: Zapotecorum]
    #2352758 - 02/19/04 12:47 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

no that was me, who wanted to dry in the tyvek...lol

InvisibleZapotecorum
AlcoHoliC

Loc: my conversion van
Re: is there any reason i shouldnt do this? [Re: mitemouse]
    #2352782 - 02/19/04 12:56 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

cool! did you ever try it.

Offlinemitemouse
Student

Re: is there any reason i shouldnt do this? [Re: Zapotecorum]
    #2354040 - 02/19/04 10:45 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

nope never tried, just built a drying chamber>

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #2354229 - 02/19/04 11:58 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So you've got a container made of tyvek that you're casing in? Just seeing if I'm understanding the question.

I believe tyvek holds in water, so drying shouldn't be an issue if that's your question.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2354255 - 02/19/04 12:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Having Tyvek fetishes are we ? :wink:
Remeber folks one side of tyvek material breathes and one side is moisture resistant , that is why it used for a moisture barrier in buliding and construction .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: is there any reason i shouldnt do this? [Re: tripndicular]
    #2380983 - 02/26/04 09:58 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
Having Tyvek fetishes are we ? :wink:
Remeber folks one side of tyvek material breathes and one side is moisture resistant , that is why it used for a moisture barrier in buliding and construction .

Both sides arn't moisture resistant?  SWIM just used it for the first time & now he's worried his popcorn is going to get too dry.

He used the inside of the tyvek evelope facing down, so I'm guessing if there is a wrong way, that would be it?

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflinePiano
Tay Inna Weeyan
Re: is there any reason i shouldnt do this? [Re: Tantalus]
    #2381129 - 02/26/04 10:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Uh oh, which way is right?  I used the outside facing down (toward the jar).  Crap.  No offense Tantalus, but I hope you're wrong and I'm right!  :shiftyeyes:

--------------------
"Relax, stupid! Everything you see is make-believe." --Homer Simpson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation