Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineLRG
Supernaut
Male
Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: zzripz]
    #23512650 - 08/05/16 02:34 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

zzripz said:
I am suspicious of popular myths about 'what reality is'. The ideas of holograms and virtual reality, and that the universe is some kind of computer programme game being played by higher dimensional beings, is I see this idea fitting in nicely to the oligarchy's transhumanist agenda which wants us to think ourselves as computers/programs which can get 'upgrades' via technology implanted into our bodies/nervous system

I wonder what you make of this then: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160802103535.htm

Seems to indicate the collection of matter and light within a "cavity" they refer to describes a singularity. I'm not a physicists or incredibly smart, but seems like a dead ringer. This quantum memory they talk about at the end is interesting.

--------------------
"I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.” - Gandalf The Grey.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

"I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm HAMMERED DRUNK!" - Cal Naughton Jr. AKA The Magic Man. Abracadabra homes!

"Each tear is a drop of poison released." - Anonymous

"Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say if they knew you believe in God above? They should realize before they criticize that God is the only way to Love."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #23512671 - 08/05/16 02:41 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

TJDShroomer said:
Reality is a holographic matrix projected by the consciousnesses within.

Quite right, imo.

Have either of you guys read any literature which aligns with your views in this regard? Would love to have a read, I have a sneaking suspicion this is how I feel too...

I was going to reply to OP, until I read this. Now I'm almost at a loss for words.

Here's one though,

Why?!?!?!?

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: LRG]
    #23513109 - 08/05/16 04:45 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

there are all different theories in physics. That is just one of them

I try and not get blinded by science. they could say any old shit, but unless you have access to their lingo, your not really understanding it anyhow, so how would you REALLY be able to judge if what they said made any sense to your life? So this means that it is both inaccessible to most people and THAT is the fertile ground for creating myths! Whereby you accept a 'reality' some set of 'experts' are telling you is true

It is similar to the religious phase whereby only those who could understand Latin could dictate what the myth was 'really saying and meaning'. So believers would go to Mass, and see the ritual going on done by the priests, and the Latin, and not understand a fkin word being said lol
Same is so with science, and it's language. So this renders (can render) the individual feeling powerless, because then you are relying on these people to tell you what life and reality 'really is'

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: zzripz]
    #23513203 - 08/05/16 05:19 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

1. I've never heard of or read any credible theory that we are living in a matrix-like simulation. That is absurd. If I'm wrong, please present me with one.
2. Physics 'lingo' is not jargon. Physics terms can be quite simply understood. They're everyday, plain words with definitions almost anyone could understand, given those definitions.

3? It's the oldest science in the book. It doesn't exist to create myths and delude the public. It exists as a way of exploring and understanding the universe. It is the most fundamental way of perceiving and understanding reality. It's not a bloody conspiracy. This baffles me, that someone would say something like this, but just in case you're actually serious, I thought I'd try to shine a light on this for you.

Unless by "lingo" you were referring to the mathematics. In which case, yes, to read anything in algebraic language you must have the necessary preliminary understanding of the mathematical concepts within it. It's logic based arithmetic used to calculate and define concepts relating to whatever it may be. It's a tool used to explain things. It's not a secret code. Anyone with the intellect and determination to learn it can do so. They teach basic algebra in elementary school. They teach basic calculus in high school. At the university level, it's even more fun. No, it's not easy. Yes, it takes time. But it's a required skill. If anyone wants to explain something in physics, it needs to be backed up with the math. Logic, man.

There are numerous theories floating around in the world of theoretical physics. Some do sound pretty bananas, I'll give you that. But without the logic to back them up, they wouldn't even be credible.

Also, there are a handful of great science communicators around nowadays. Folks who put complex theories into layman's terms, host public talks and make TV shows explaining them. Brian Greene, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Michio Kaku, just to name a few. This stuff is not inaccessible to Joe Blow. I think it's amazing what these guys are doing for science as a whole, helping teach people with no expertise in related fields about the universe, about the fabric of reality itself. Inspiring more and more people to get involved, encouraging young people to pursue formal education in the sciences.

Fuck knows the world needs more of it.

Edited by Into The Woods (08/05/16 06:01 PM)

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: Into The Woods]
    #23513314 - 08/05/16 05:51 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

I'm not into science personally. Don't read about it, don't care to. Neither do I care for what any 'faith' of any sort has laid down. I go by what I feel, by my intuition. And the more I clear my mind, be it via psychedelics or meditation, the more I feel something like this to be the case.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleInto The Woods
Quarantine King
Male

#23513401 - 08/05/16 06:18 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

So it's an idea based out of a gut hunch, sheer feeling, and that's it?

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
    #23513515 - 08/05/16 07:01 PM (6 years, 6 days ago)

Pretty much man. There's nothing much in life I trust more.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

Offlinezzripz
Stranger

Loc: Manchester, UK
    #23515835 - 08/06/16 01:54 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

2. Physics 'lingo' is not jargon. Physics terms can be quite simply understood. They're everyday, plain words with definitions almost anyone could understand, given those definitions.

and the ones who can't?

OfflinePickleJam
Friend
Female

Loc: walkin on sunshine
    #23515869 - 08/06/16 02:07 PM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
I'm not into science personally. Don't read about it, don't care to. Neither do I care for what any 'faith' of any sort has laid down. I go by what I feel, by my intuition. And the more I clear my mind, be it via psychedelics or meditation, the more I feel something like this to be the case.

I honestly couldn't have said it better myself. So thanks for relaying that message. Also the one about that there's nothing in the world you trust more. I can SOOO relate. It really brings me joy to know others that think like me are out there! :sun:

--------------------
:aum:"We never lose our demons, we only learn to live above them.":aum:

:peace::heart::bigblunt:

DO NOT BE SHEEPLE GOD DAMN IT!!!!!
CHANGE UP THE SYSTEM----><----CAUSE THAT'S YOU

OfflineDuncan Rowhl
Fiducia Christum
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: PickleJam]
    #23517604 - 08/07/16 03:26 AM (6 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

TJDShroomer said:

Quite right, imo.

Have either of you guys read any literature which aligns with your views in this regard? Would love to have a read, I have a sneaking suspicion this is how I feel too...

'Science' is but an embodiment of the 'dream' and is no more an absolute than Monopoly rules which are applicable only within the game with minor levels of carryover.

Referencing Kabbalistic text, if a person binds themselves to science than they, by default, imprison themselves to the 1% of 'reality'.

If a person is hung up on science, they render themselves a spiritual agrophobic.

Here's a book which addresses the topic which I thought was very good which reiterated my original viewpoint with some additional teachings relating to quantum physics:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Holographic-Universe-Michael-Talbot/dp/0586091718/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470553783&sr=8-1&keywords=Holographic+universe

Edited by Duncan Rowhl (08/07/16 04:20 AM)

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#23518235 - 08/07/16 11:42 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

TJDShroomer said:

Quite right, imo.

The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics by Leonard Susskind  (goes over the Holographic principle in physics)

An Introduction To Black Holes, Information And The String Theory Revolution: The Holographic Universe by Leonard Susskind

The Holographic Universe: The Revolutionary Theory of Reality by Michael Talbot

Wholeness and the Implicate Order by David Bohm

The Holographic principle is a mainstream theory in modern physics related to string theory.  It stipulates that the information contained within a volume of space is encoded at the lower-dimensional boundary of that volume.

--------------------
Heaven, n. Copulation without culmination.

--A. Bierce

InvisibleDividedQuantumM
Outer Head
Male User Gallery

#23518239 - 08/07/16 11:43 AM (6 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Into The Woods said:
Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

TJDShroomer said:

Quite right, imo.

I was going to reply to OP, until I read this. Now I'm almost at a loss for words.

Here's one though,

Why?!?!?!?

See above post.  The Holographic principle is actually a respected hypothesis in the physics community.

--------------------
Heaven, n. Copulation without culmination.

--A. Bierce

Invisibleiiilil
Stranger

Re: What ls Life ? How do you feel reality? [Re: Trippedytrip]
    #23523697 - 08/09/16 01:38 AM (6 years, 3 days ago)

Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

Jokeshopbeard said:
Quote:

DividedQuantum said:
Quote:

TJDShroomer said:

Quite right, imo.

The Black Hole War: My Battle with Stephen Hawking to Make the World Safe for Quantum Mechanics by Leonard Susskind  (goes over the Holographic principle in physics)

An Introduction To Black Holes, Information And The String Theory Revolution: The Holographic Universe by Leonard Susskind

The Holographic Universe: The Revolutionary Theory of Reality by Michael Talbot

Wholeness and the Implicate Order by David Bohm

The Holographic principle is a mainstream theory in modern physics related to string theory.  It stipulates that the information contained within a volume of space is encoded at the lower-dimensional boundary of that volume.

Answers at the limits if one constructs the proper frame to perceive them......

OP :
"What is life?"
One begins to maintain a set of answers for that question when they begin constructing frames of inquiry for it in their personal life. There are no shortcuts to deeper perceptions. A more ultimate answer could be given to someone and that individual could fail to grasp it as they lack the ability to perceive what it more truly means.

"How do you feel reality?"
This question like many has a near infinite set of answers. Which ones are you looking for?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order