Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
The new era of politics
    #2342138 - 02/16/04 04:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The time has come to remove that oligarchy and to place the democracy. Thanks to the internet and true democratical power, we can start the new sort of politics. Open politics. Now, I will copy paste the document that is about this idea. Wait a minute.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: The new era of politics [Re: Crobih]
    #2342149 - 02/16/04 04:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OPEN SOURCE CONCEPT

The open source (open source code) concept is tightly related to the idea that the individual working for the common benefit, works for his or her own benefit at the same time. This principle is especially meaningful in the software domain, since the issue here is information that is immaterial. A programmer who accepts to publish the source code of his program loses nothing, except the possibility of selling his closed idea (program) and making profit. On the contrary, (s)he gains a lot from the whole open source community, in the form of consulting and assistance in his or her work. By all means the most famous example of open source software is the GNU/Linux OS, whose increasing quality in the last few years proves that the idea of open source is very feasible in practice.

The open source concept was not imaginable before the advent of the internet, because there used to be no medium suitable for the distribution of source code. Moreover, the advent of the internet has brought about the new possibility of implementing the open source idea in other domains.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
    #2342156 - 02/16/04 04:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OPEN POLITICS

One of the domains where the open source concept can be applied is, logically, politics. The intuitive idea that politics should be dealt with for the sake of common benefit is easily related to the open source concept.

Political forces that really work for the benefit of the whole community consent, without hesitation, to complete public forthrightness. This forthrightness is of multiple use to open political forces: it grants them full people's legitimacy, which ensures them a significantly more powerful impact, and it gives them access to whole nation's consulting; since everybody can get information on all their activities, everybody can contribute to the realization of the project of social progress.

As the first interactive mass-medium, internet offers amazing possibilites for political engagement. Thanks to technology, it is possible to have access to great quantities of information, which makes practical dealing with open and transparent politics possible for the first time.
On the other hand, the internet can move the cross-organization of political subjects to a completely new level, where communication flows much faster and much more efficaciously.

To sum up, internet is the ideal medium for political dialogue, but there are not yet any specialized services adapted to political communication anywhere in the world. Likewise, political engagement on the level of the state requires a service with adequate possiblities on the level of the state.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2342199 - 02/16/04 04:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Crobih!
Out of nowhere!

The link in your signature is dead btw.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: The new era of politics [Re: Anno]
    #2342228 - 02/16/04 04:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anno! :smile: :smile: :smile:
I am in politics 0-24. We are starting Internet revolution :laugh:.
BTW, bastards. They killed the supplier discussion forum :argh:

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2345998 - 02/17/04 01:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Open source means death. Crackers can easily spot insecurities in the code and can write harmful programs to take advantage. If the win2k source was released a large portion of the business world would come to a hault overnight.

And as for open politics, the mass majority is entirely self involved and often dumb. I dont want these people having much power. Our forefathers recognized this and made the us a constitutional republic.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: The new era of politics [Re: d33p]
    #2348872 - 02/18/04 05:12 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Its quiet oposite. Linux have no problems with worms or viruses that massively invaded us windows users these days. Cause eversy single person makes pathces that update system all the time. In contrary, windows have no millions of people who upgrade system stability all the time.

PS. About dumb people. Do you consider you smart? Cause, I noticed that there is no dumb person, just the others. Its queit hyporcritcal attitude based on the mass media brain wash.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
    #2348875 - 02/18/04 05:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ps. Do you find Bush junior be a smart guy? I do not.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #2348987 - 02/18/04 06:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the mass majority is entirely self involved and often dumb.

I love the way this idea gets bandied about!Its a nice way to massage ones ego, as you are obviously excluding yourself from this supposedly homogenous mass majority.

Basically it is lazy thinking with no real basis in fact. Sure there are stupid people out there but are they really the majority?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2348991 - 02/18/04 06:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think the reason Linux doesnt get attacked is because hackers dont really target it. If hackers put the same effort into attacking linux systems as they do into attacking windows then thr linux community might struggle to deal with the problem. A large portion of hackers probabaly use Linux as their favoured O/S so why would they attack it?!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: The new era of politics [Re: GazzBut]
    #2350811 - 02/18/04 02:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Quote:

I love the way this idea gets bandied about!Its a nice way to massage ones ego, as you are obviously excluding yourself from this supposedly homogenous mass majority.

Very, very cool observation. I really need it :smile:. Thank you!

Quote:

Basically it is lazy thinking with no real basis in fact. Sure there are stupid people out there but are they really the majority?

Even if "stupid" people are majority, these people are smart enough to choose better. That is all we need from them. And that special ability of "stupid" people is just a regular common sense we all witness every day.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
    #2350827 - 02/18/04 02:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
I think the reason Linux doesnt get attacked is because hackers dont really target it. If hackers put the same effort into attacking linux systems as they do into attacking windows then thr linux community might struggle to deal with the problem. A large portion of hackers probabaly use Linux as their favoured O/S so why would they attack it?!

It does not really matter. Though, knowing several Linux freaks, they spend all the time to find that stuff and fix it and show their community. I was quiet suprised when Ive heard what stuff they do. Because of doing.

It makes me believe that new political elite, new generation of politicians gonna follow simmilar principle. Though, reward we get through these guys is much much much bigger than one OS such as Linux.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2350986 - 02/18/04 03:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crobih said:
Ps. Do you find Bush junior be a smart guy? I do not.

And what do you think of people who call the younger Bush junior, when he is not?

There's a George H. W. Bush and a George W. Bush. No Sr., no Jr.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2351720 - 02/18/04 06:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"If hackers put the same effort into attacking linux systems as they do into attacking windows then thr linux community might struggle to deal with the problem."

Well on the other hand, like he said, there would be millions of people working on the positive side, so as soon as "bad people" did something bad to the system, there would be many times more "good people" countering that action.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #2351810 - 02/18/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

GazzBut said:
Quote:

Unfortunately, when you blast a public with movie drama, reality TV, consumerism, etc...people tend to develop the wrong ideas and skills for being an intellegent self aware being.
Such groups can be manipulated by 'what they think is best' by people in positions of power and influence or media organisations.
But is this dumbing down of society intentional?...i don't know...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2351940 - 02/18/04 07:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If Al Sharpton said he would offer reparations to all blacks, there would be many who would vote for him soley beacuse of this even though it would a joke.

Kerry's new plan for the economy is a joke and would never work in the real world but someone just hearing about it would not know that. They might vote him without knowing the truth showing they are ignorant on the subject.

By self-involved i meant most people vote for someone who offers them something. They do not look at the bigger picture. So not the best people to be voting.

By dumb i meant most people do not concern themselves with politics and are therefore ignorant. They vote again for the wrongs reasons.

--------------------

bang bang

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

#2351957 - 02/18/04 07:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crobih said:
Even if "stupid" people are majority, these people are smart enough to choose better. That is all we need from them. And that special ability of "stupid" people is just a regular common sense we all witness every day.

Ok so you think that this ignorant majority is smart enough to choose better? explain these

Drug War
Slavery
Afirmative Action
Graduated Tax

And these are just a few supported or at least once supported by the relative majority.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The new era of politics [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2352045 - 02/18/04 07:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"But is this dumbing down of society intentional?"

you don't know? of COURSE its intentional rofl - its proven that television and movies and stuff totally ZONE PEOPLE OUT.. If they didn't want this happening, they would have changed things long ago rofl

Its so much easier to tell us what to think when we're not thinking for ourselves, and what is modern government's job? To tell us what to think so we'll back them up on whatever fucking evil-ass bullshit business-plan they have put together

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

#2353754 - 02/19/04 06:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Drug War
Slavery
Afirmative Action
Graduated Tax

And these are just a few supported or at least once supported by the relative majority.

This is the whole point!!!! We do not know if the majority really do support these initiatives because these individual matters have never been put to the vote. If there was actually a nationwide debate on the drug war and those who opposed it were able to present their arguements to the people with the same amount of airtime and column inches, before the matter was put to the vote, Id say the outcome would by no means be a foregone conclusion in support of continuing the drug war.

And if you are citing the above (Drug war, graduated tax etc) as examples of the stupidity of the mass majority then obviously you are highlighting the stupidity of those who currently rule us..in which case what difference does it make if we try open democracy anyway?

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Re: The new era of politics [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2353761 - 02/19/04 06:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Im not certain that media manipulation is cooly calculated to keep people dumb and compliant but id say im 95% sure. Take a look at this Edward Bernays
Obvioulsy the techniques of manipulation used by Bernay's have been refined and improved over the years which is why im almost certain the manipulation via media which we see today is indeed planned.

This used to be one of the things that worried me about direct democracy, the fact that a powerful media could lead society around by the nose to vote for whatever the controlling powers want but as I thought about it I realised that anything that makes it harder for the controlling powers to wield their self serving interest has got to be a good thing. I definitely believe open democracy would do this.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Edited by GazzBut (02/19/04 10:06 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder