Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

No man's sky *DELETED*
    #23518955 - 08/07/16 01:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFaustoid
समन
Male User Gallery

Loc: Elsewhere
Re: No man's sky [Re: Sanguin3]
    #23518995 - 08/07/16 01:43 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I'm grabbing it for sure.

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: No man's sky [Re: Faustoid] * 1
    #23519267 - 08/07/16 03:16 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Waiting for impressions/reviews first...It seems like the kind of game that merits either 2 hours of playtime or 200+ hours, nothing in between.

OfflineKamikazeKush
A Most Curious Explorer
Male

Loc: Azeroth mostly
Re: No man's sky [Re: Kryptos]
    #23521070 - 08/08/16 03:19 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Limited edition will be here tomorrow! So excited! Been waiting to play since reveal!!!

--------------------
A Man Said to the Universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

OfflineBobbo
Stranger
Re: No man's sky [Re: KamikazeKush]
    #23521409 - 08/08/16 09:03 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Really want this but my PC's not up to it.

Good excuse for a new build.

Bobbo.

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: No man's sky *DELETED* [Re: Bobbo]
    #23521570 - 08/08/16 10:10 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23521585 - 08/08/16 10:15 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Heh, me and a couple friends are all picking up with the same thought and intend to go watch the guy who preordered play...

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #23521592 - 08/08/16 10:16 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

fuck I want to play this so bad... been following it since I first heard about it a couple years ago... gonna be way to broke to buy it for awhile though :nonono:

that being said, at least I'll be able to see all the reviews and shit to see if it lives up to the hype I guess.

*edit*

fuck.. just remembered I'll have to wait till they release it on xbox one anyway... if that even happens :sad:

Edited by LuSiD9 (08/08/16 11:18 AM)

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23521597 - 08/08/16 10:18 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Sanguin3 said:
This game is just begging to be played while high as tits.

:awesomenod:

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

InvisibleJufin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #23521708 - 08/08/16 11:04 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Holy fuck it looks cool.  It comes out this Friday in oz, and I so wanna buy a PS4 and get it.

OfflineKamikazeKush
A Most Curious Explorer
Male

Re: No man's sky [Re: LuSiD9]
    #23524008 - 08/09/16 05:08 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:

fuck.. just remembered I'll have to wait till they release it on xbox one anyway... if that even happens :sad:

Ps4 and PC exclusive my friend

RIP <3

--------------------
“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23528065 - 08/10/16 12:07 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I hate to be a PC master race person, but...it's kinda true.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: No man's sky [Re: Kryptos]
    #23528087 - 08/10/16 12:21 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

they've been talking about it I guess... microsoft wants it, but their own stupid policies are gonna make it difficult... can't remember the whole story, I'll find a link.

here

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: No man's sky [Re: LuSiD9]
    #23529990 - 08/11/16 12:32 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I watched an hour or so of COH streaming it yesterday and it looks cool, but it also looks like it would get boring and repetitive really quickly?  I get that its just an exploration game and everything, and the tech and idea are cool as fuck, but I think the planets are going to start getting boring rather quickly no matter how good their generating algorithm is.  It sort of reminds me of a super beefed up version of Skyrims RADIANT quest generation.  It sounds cool in theory, but in reality once you did one or two you realize that 'random' just meant it picked a random item and put it in a random place and sent you to get it.  It wasn't generating crazy epic storylines or anything. 

This feels sort of the same to me.  After you log 20 hours and you've learn a few different alien languages, as you work towards the center you start to feel like every planet is just another place you have to stop only to get more fuel, or whatever, to get you farther in.  You wont care about "yet another randomly generated wierd creature"  etc.

But, I also haven't played it.  I can only base this on the stream I watched and the years of reading about it.  Its to bad they never worked co-op into it.  THAT would have made it amazeballs.  Doing this same stuff, but with a friend, changes EVERYTHING.  But alas, no multiplayer. :frown:

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineKamikazeKush
A Most Curious Explorer
Male

Re: No man's sky [Re: mndfreeze]
    #23533589 - 08/12/16 03:25 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
I watched an hour or so of COH streaming it yesterday and it looks cool, but it also looks like it would get boring and repetitive really quickly?  I get that its just an exploration game and everything, and the tech and idea are cool as fuck, but I think the planets are going to start getting boring rather quickly no matter how good their generating algorithm is.  It sort of reminds me of a super beefed up version of Skyrims RADIANT quest generation.  It sounds cool in theory, but in reality once you did one or two you realize that 'random' just meant it picked a random item and put it in a random place and sent you to get it.  It wasn't generating crazy epic storylines or anything. 

This feels sort of the same to me.  After you log 20 hours and you've learn a few different alien languages, as you work towards the center you start to feel like every planet is just another place you have to stop only to get more fuel, or whatever, to get you farther in.  You wont care about "yet another randomly generated wierd creature"  etc.

But, I also haven't played it.  I can only base this on the stream I watched and the years of reading about it.  Its to bad they never worked co-op into it.  THAT would have made it amazeballs.  Doing this same stuff, but with a friend, changes EVERYTHING.  But alas, no multiplayer. :frown:

Pretty spot on in my opinion lol

--------------------
“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #23536353 - 08/12/16 09:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I bought it anyway. ;(

Only played it for an hour before I realized I was ultra overdue for bed time.  Work gunna suuuuccckkk tonnight.

I'll probably play it a bit then get bored of it, then try it again in about a year when hopefully they have added in co-op or muiltiplyer of some sort because that would change everything on the fun part of my issues.

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleGeorge Sears
43rd President of the US
Male

Loc: New Mexico
    #23541931 - 08/14/16 07:11 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KamikazeKush said:
Quote:

mndfreeze said:

Pretty spot on in my opinion lol

Like 160905835% perfectly describes this game. I've enjoyed it so far, but even after only about 8-10 hours and 4 solar systems I've visited it's gotten repetitive; but that's what I love about it. It's just a chill-out game where you explore and collect resources at your own pace. Sure, there's a "goal" to reach the center of the universe that's also accompanied by a loose narrative, but I think it's more meant for people to casually go through the game doing whatever they liked. If you're looking for more than that then you will be disappointed. I, personally, just love the satisfaction of slowly learning the alien languages, finding old ruins and monoliths, and finding which resources are most valuable throughout certain solar systems. The upgrade and inventory system is a trivial feature that feels like an afterthought, but it's enough to give you more minor goals as you make your way to the center of the universe. After you reach the center you're basically given an option to start all over or not, so I know I'll get over it by then, but it'll keep me distracted for the next month or so. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineKamikazeKush
A Most Curious Explorer
Male

Re: No man's sky [Re: George Sears]
    #23542843 - 08/15/16 03:01 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Well said man ^^

--------------------
“Sir, I exist!”
A sense of obligation.”

-Stephen Crane

OfflineSatyr604
Stranger
Male

Re: No man's sky [Re: KamikazeKush] * 1
    #23546212 - 08/16/16 07:51 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Well, you do you. If you guys enjoy it, by all means do so. But I think it's a shit game. Sorry.

There's really not much to do. Sure, there are lots of planets and all that, but what's that worth if they're just empty and void of anything to do? In reality, there's also very little variation between them. All planets are put together from a bunch of set pieces they pull from a bag and are then given a different colour. Same for the animals. You've seen a few, you've seen them all. The inventory system is fickle as tits, too.

The NPC's just sit around, doing fuck all. Being static. Which is true for the whole universe: it's static. I've said it a few times now, but there's really nothing going on. Remember Freelancer, a space sim that came out 13 years ago? It managed to have an economy where you could trade to make a buck, planets to land on, a decent storyline, NPC's flying through space attacking you if you were with the wrong faction. Police ships, scanning your ship for contraband. Multiplayer. Huge maps. Fun combat. All of that, thirteen years ago.

And don't get me started on the horrible performance on PC, even though it doesn't look too great. Especially the ugly, grainy pop-in. The hell's that supposed to be? If it even runs at all, that is. The game's broken on delivery..

On top of it all, it is waaaaay overpriced. It's not worth 60 bucks, sorry.

I'm really disappointed. I was hoping for a new space sim, a genre that has died a tragic death but is still close to my heart, but this.. This is not it. This is just a badly made, repetitive, run of the mill survival game. A shame, but I'll gladly pass.

--------------------
To do: sclerotia, DMT, mushrooms, LSA, mescaline.

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: No man's sky *DELETED* [Re: Satyr604]
    #23546455 - 08/16/16 09:58 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder