Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #5843110 - 07/10/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Tech jobs are teh suck. When i was working in the IT dept as an admin and also doing tech calls i saw things people did to their machines that ive never seen in my 15 or so years of operating a PC.

One thing i loved was sending out email virus warnings written in 36 pt bold ft screaming out "DO NOT OPEN EMAIL ATTACHMENTS WITH TWO EXTENSIONS", followed by long and easy to understand description of what that meant. Yet, and i kid you not, every single time this one person would read the email and still open the damn virus if he got it. If anyone knows what its like to clear off a thousand or so instances of the i love you virus you have felt the pain ive lived through.

It's not only the end users, sometimes you end up working for a guy who can be more incompetant then the people's machine you fixed. On the same job i was responsible for all the companies servers and the firewall we had installed. On the first day of the job i spent 1/2 the day familiarizing myself with all the connections and settings they had going. My first ever tech conversation with my boss went like this.

Me: Hey joe, im sitting here down at the exchange server. I think it's been hacked into.
Joe: Why do you think that, seems to be running just fine.
Me: Well the virus protection seems to be disabled or removed and i can't find the exe to reboot it.
Joe: Oh, that's because there's no virus protection that server.
Me: What? Are you joking?
Joe: No, i figured it would be a waste since all machines have their DAT files updated constantly, a server side virus app isn't necessary.
Me: You do know that your MS exchange server with no virus protection is basically a big flashing signal that screams out hack me and turn me into a zombie right?
Joe: Im sure it will be fine, thanks for the heads up though.

It took me two weeks and myself hacking into the server to prove to him that only a moron runs an MS based server with no virus protection. I spent about 3 days just on that machine alone removing all the malware and hacker files which turned the machine into basically a giant FTP dump.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: coda]
    #5843139 - 07/10/06 04:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

In situations like that... Consider it job security.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: Cowgold]
    #5843343 - 07/10/06 05:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

not when they find some indian guy who can do all the work you can do, program in three languages, and repair hardware on the circuitry level, and you get replaced pretty damn quick.

However they quickly found out that just because he has the ability to do the work does not mean he physically can. I receieved emails from my end users for a few months because the indian guy could barely speak english and refused to explain in laymans terms the problem and how to avoid it. Not to mention the fact that he was so busy doing 30 other server side projects that he barely had time to get them done let alone service the end users.

They hired another tech guy a month or so after the users complained enough. They offered me my position back but i told them that they'd have to give me a raise after firing me the way they did, they basically lied to me saying the IT dept couldn't afford me in my budget. However the dumbasses didn't know i was buddies with the lady who ran the budgets for the company and i knew that the IT dept had unlimited funds when it came to technology and staff.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #5843355 - 07/10/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Shitty boss... you're better off somewhere else.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: Cowgold]
    #5843412 - 07/10/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yup, i decided to get working on my degree and i moved out of philly to my new locale. Lots of growth and development area and a decent business school to grab a bachelors from. Figured it would be a choice place to move because of all the possibilities.

--------------------

-JG

Offlinequetzel
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #23517403 - 08/06/16 11:20 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Bwa ha ha ha ha, ho ho ho ho....

You lost me at "Find some Indian guy"

The problem is the "Indian Guy"..  They pay me so they don't have to speak to the "Indian Guy" because he doesn't know what the fuck he is doing and they can't understand him.

Offlinequetzel
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #23517426 - 08/06/16 11:31 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Bitch, your wireless throughput just got throttled down to 56K for complaining.  I hope you like dial up speeds ya little cunt.

I expect to see a bottle of $75 Tequilla on my desk tomorrow you whining little cunt.

No one fucks with the IT department.  We have all your email, we know about the sites you visit.  We have all the passwords and naked pictures of your woman.

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: quetzel] * 1
    #23517447 - 08/06/16 11:44 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

I immediately knew this was an old thread when I saw the computer monitor

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: quetzel]
    #23517475 - 08/06/16 11:59 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

quetzel said:
No one fucks with the IT department.

:underageban:

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: why tech guys / network admins such faggots? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #23517487 - 08/07/16 12:08 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]