Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineB4rK0d3
Bromeo
 User Gallery

Air exchange & humidification
    #2351334 - 02/18/04 06:40 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I don't know if it's just me, or what...but I seem to always have problems with my methods of air exchange and humidification. What I do -- once casings are in their terrariums; I fan the inside for about 20-30 seconds, then spray the walls once or twice each with the misting spray bottle. The fruits always seem to have very thin stems, and yeild is definitely low compared to what I see in the Grow Logs section of the forums.

So anyways, I was just wanting to see what methods everyone else uses. I'm totally down for suggestions, also. On a side note, what is the level of importance of light -- and seriously, I would prefer facts...not theories. Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Air exchange & humidification [Re: B4rK0d3]
    #2351370 - 02/18/04 06:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

2" or 3" of perlite with a filter stone under it connected to a fish pump. put the casings on the perlite and no more fanning.

SM

--------------------

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
Re: Air exchange & humidification [Re: simplemachine]
    #2354097 - 02/19/04 11:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So an air stone makes it so you don't ever have to fan? I'm assuming the CO2 finds its own way out, as fresh air is introduced by the air pump. Is this correct?

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#2354141 - 02/19/04 11:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

one thing ive noticed so far is that everyone has slightly different teks, the one i'll try first, i think is the 2'' perlite, and fan to let out the co2
i like the scotsman's advice!

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2354171 - 02/19/04 11:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

This works pretty good , can be hooked up to 4 10 gal tanks or one 55 gal tank , using a pump rated for 80 gal tank with variable control for minor adjustments to humidity levels . If you try this do not use "plexi glass" for lids , get "Lexan" . The plexi will warp badly after only a week of use , the Lexan ... Cant tell you how long till useless , still on the first set now , and has been 2 years of constant exposure to high humidity enviro . Use 20:1 water : peroxide solution (distilled water)
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Air exchange & humidification [Re: pazuzu]
    #2354181 - 02/19/04 11:38 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

No C02 does not find its own way out . C02 tends to hang low , setteling at bottom of tank , unless one has drilled holes in bottom of setup and filled with a filter of some sort , C02 must be manually fanned to reduce ppm .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Air exchange & humidification [Re: tripndicular]
    #2354214 - 02/19/04 11:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

CO2 diffuses in normal air, the air pump will provide enough air exchange.

How many times did you fan daily? I'm guessing this was the reason behind your low yields. With perlite and casings, some people would actually say you'll get too much humidity -- however, I doubt this will be a problem.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Air exchange & humidification [Re: Tantalus]
    #2354287 - 02/19/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Co2 was removed 3-5 times daily by fanning . The photo was when very first setup (2 yrs ago), was checking and playing around with humidity levels , since then perilite is not even used , more space for more trays  :laugh: yeilds have been more than plentiful for me and several other peoples needs , thank you so much for the assumption . Beside where I live humidity is a rare thing .
Also in this pic the poor choice of plexi was rearing its ugly head thus the clamps holding the lid down .
Did some tests to prove c02 theory , that it must be removed . In one tank no fanning was done , in the other 3-5 times a day was preformed . In the unfanned tank , pinset was poor , meaning lots of pins but very few full grown mushies . The other tank that was fanned ... great pinset , and 90% turned into nice full sized mushies . This must be due to c02 build up IMO .  Remeber we are dealing with closed enviros , not normal air exchange situations , so some sort of removal plan must be incorporated to aid in a proper enviro for healthy mush growth .

--------------------

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2355371 - 02/19/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeh just like tatalus said the CO2 diffuses in the air, creating a perfect growing enviroment...this is discussed at length in one of the PMP threads, if you wann alook it up...This method has proven very effective.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation