Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinenethrill
passerby
tripping with issues
    #2349318 - 02/18/04 09:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Gone are the says when i was carefree and light of mind and spirit,like when i was a teen.i could trip and laugh and have fun..everything was just peachy.now i'm an adult who is totally unhappy with my life and also i've become an alcoholic.well i haven't tripped in quite sometime and i decided i wanted to go deep and do some soul searching.Well it really humbled the shit out of me and i bawled my eyes out.We seem to form the defense mechanisms or buffers that keep us from really feeling or seeing too deeply..almost like a callus.well when these barriers were lifted and i really was stripped down to my essense it really showed me how much pain i had stored in there.i guess if we didn't have these buffer zones we would go insane from all the pain.it showed me a lot,but i really didn'y like what i saw. :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: tripping with issues [Re: nethrill]
    #2349743 - 02/18/04 11:05 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, that's generally not a very good idea as you of course already know. Do you feel it helped you in any way or were the effects totally negative?

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisibleoneducktwoducks
    #2349827 - 02/18/04 11:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think I may be up to the plate for one of those soul searching trips soon. How much did you eat?

OfflineKremlin
life in E minor
Male User Gallery

Loc: /export/home/Kremlin
    #2350669 - 02/18/04 02:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm to the point where every time i trip i just have a shitty time. I delve into the depths of my mind, where id rather not ever go, and i lurk there for the entirety...

so i dont do any more hallucinogens....i'm basically down to just alky nowadays.

--------------------
"Human suffering has been caused because all too many of us cannot grasp that words are only tools for our use, and that the mere presence of a word in the dictionary does not mean it necessarily refers to something definitive in the real world"
--Richard Dawkins, "The Selfish Gene"

"It is the mind which creates the world about us, and even though we stand side by side in the same meadow, my eyes will never see what is beheld by yours."
-George Gissing

"Without a firm idea of himself and the purpose of his life, man cannot live, and would sooner destroy himself than remain on earth, even if he was surrounded by bread."
--Fyodor Dostoevsky

InvisibleBillyGrass

#2353757 - 02/19/04 06:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

As you get older, the tendency is to shift all brain activity to the logical, calculating section. A crash in that system seems like a crash in all systems. You forget that we are all one conciousness, cleverly interconnected, and constantly intoxicated. That death is not the end, nor is life the beginning. In the words of the late great Bill Hicks: "There is never a reason to worry, EVER. Because, it's only a ride."

On another note. Why do you think alcohol is so accepted in our culture? I think it's because it keeps us from asking questions. When you're drunk, it's easier to sleep with the ugly chick, it's easier to believe that "it doesn't get any better than this," it's easier to believe bullshit and lies. It makes it easier to ignore your own perfect intuition, and concentrate on imediate gratification.

I encourage you to always keep digging.

peace,
BillyGrass :stash:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2354521 - 02/19/04 11:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

every time i go deep into my mind like that on shrooms, the experience is never pleasent. i am often shown things id rather not see, things i would much rather just ignore and continue with my shitty life.....but, thats just the way it is with these types of issues. we get so used to just pushing all of our shit to the side and go on with our responsibilities, we tend to forget whats really important.

even though my experiences werent really the most pleasent ones, i still came out of every one with a good lesson learned....after a trip like that it takes a while sometimes to figure out what exactly you need to do, but dont fret. it will come to you.you saw exactly what you needed to see, wheather you realize it yet or not.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom