Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Signs of schitsophrenia? should she trip?
    #2349847 - 02/18/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i have this friend, who is interested in taking a psychadelic substance for the first time, however i am not too sure if she should on the basis that she may be borderline schitsophrenic.

here are the signs that wory me.
every dream she has is a lucid dream.
at any given time she has about 13 thoughts buzzing around her head
and at some times, her mind goes completely blank, and it scares her.

umm, yeah just wondering if the above listed symptoms may be a sign that she should not take psychadelics, as it may bring out some pre-existing mental condition.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Signs of schitsophrenia? should she trip? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2349923 - 02/18/04 01:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I had a good friend that was afraid that he might be getting schitsophrenia. He talked about it for around six months and then started binging on DXM. He lost his grip on reality, and started preaching about the coming of the messiah, etc. He went from a well respected physics doctorate to a bum walking the streets of Isreal in just a few months. I'm not implying the same thing will happen to somebody else... but be careful. (... and it really sucks trying to explain to somebody elses parents why you are not to blame for their 'child' going nuts after binging on DXM. Not an experience I would ever care to repeat.)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2350453 - 02/18/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Well they say mushrooms can bring forth schitzophrenia if you have schitzophrenia somewhere in your genes, but they also say psychedelics can cure mental problems... it has for me.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: Signs of schitsophrenia? should she trip? [Re: Seuss]
    #2350460 - 02/18/04 03:41 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I had a good friend that was afraid that he might be getting schitsophrenia. He talked about it for around six months and then started binging on DXM. He lost his grip on reality, and started preaching about the coming of the messiah, etc. He went from a well respected physics doctorate to a bum walking the streets of Isreal in just a few months. I'm not implying the same thing will happen to somebody else... but be careful. (... and it really sucks trying to explain to somebody elses parents why you are not to blame for their 'child' going nuts after binging on DXM. Not an experience I would ever care to repeat.)

Have you read the book by Neil Gaiman ( I think ) where this guy has a schizo split or something and goes on an adventure in the sewers of London. There is this chick Door who sets it all off.

Anyway, he was a normal guy too, with a fianc? and all that, but he hated it. So he probably manifested a fantastic voyage to pull himself out of a dull existence. At one point he confronts a duplicate of himself that tells him he has been wondering around the sewers and raving in subways for the last week.

He "decides" that story is bullshit and continues his fantasy as if it were reality.

Have you seen the butterfly effect? In the end, Ashton Kutcher's character is told that he is crazy too and has been imagining his reality. Yet again, he decides that reason isn't collective and jailbreaks to the freedom of his own mind.

Everything is relative. Perception is reality.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Signs of schitsophrenia? should she trip? [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2350729 - 02/18/04 04:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I haven't read that, but it sounds very interesting. With my friend, I have no idea if the drug use was causal or not. I think it was more symtomatic than causal. Either way, his parents blamed me (they had to blame somebody, and couldn't bring themselves to blame their own son). We had been friends since elementary school, and owned a company together at the time.

It is amazing that when you are around somebody all the time how you can miss how "crazy" they are becoming. In the middle of the situation, I had no idea how bad he had gotten. It wasn't until he was gone for a while that I realized how bad he had been, and for how long.

> Everything is relative. Perception is reality.

Very true.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineCrazyJulio
journeyman
    #2351921 - 02/18/04 09:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

What I read on Erowid was that (this is what I think I remember, don't quote me because I'm not positive) taking psychedelics/hallucinogens will only bring about schizophrenia or other mental problems if they were going to affect you some time in the future, anyway.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2352832 - 02/19/04 02:16 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well i dont want to destroy the wonderful person that i am talking to, and i wouldnt want to explain to her parents and friends, that i was responsible in even a small part for anything that could happen.

but are the above listed things signs of a problem, or just everyday problems

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2352908 - 02/19/04 02:39 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Don't let her take psychedelics is my advice. I think oftentimes we in the community here fail to see how powerful hallucinogens can be. They definitely loosen your grip on consensus reality. This is not healthy for many people who can't cope with the experience. Also, I would suggest for her to maybe see a doctor, especially about the "and at some times, her mind goes completely blank, and it scares her." If that happened while she was driving, she might get hurt. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineJAMsper
Psychodelic

#2353597 - 02/19/04 05:23 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

My mind goes blank too... it's very weird, it's like you've never seen or known the things that are right in front of you... conversations are impossible because ur mind is blank.. you just answer yes. no.. cool..
Had that for a long time but since my mushroom tea last saturday it has disappeared again :laugh:

This ain't an insurance for her... so my advice for her: read this: Psychedelic experience FAQ

Edited by JAMsper (02/19/04 05:26 AM)

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #2355747 - 02/19/04 06:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

zippoz said:
here are the signs that wory me.
every dream she has is a lucid dream.
at any given time she has about 13 thoughts buzzing around her head
and at some times, her mind goes completely blank, and it scares her.

My friend developed a schizophrenia-like psychosis over the course of a year or so, and he experienced all these things as the condition progressed.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

InvisibleFryinHard
Hamburgerler
Male

Loc: McDonalds
    #2356470 - 02/19/04 09:14 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hey man i have a girlfriend that i personally think will be going crazy in a few years cause it runs in her family...but anyways i was an acid freak before i met her and then after we started going out i found some cid and me and my friend decided to feed her some. it was a pretty bad idea. if i hadn't had all the experience i have with trippin and what not, she probably would be in a bad place now. let me explain, i had to coach her all the way through the trip. and at several points during the trip she had run away from my house and i had to drive around fryin balls with my friend lookin for her. but all in all i learned i probably shouldn't have fed her and we tripped two more times in two weeks after that first time and she was fine. but i still look at her with a cocked eye and worry about other psi experiences to come. hope my jibberish helps

p.s. she says sometimes when shes reading or anything (mostly reading) that her inner voice, you know the one we all hear when thinking, is yelling even screaming thoughts or the words she reads in a book. i know i thought that was fucked up cause she thought it was normal.....until she asked me if it happens to me.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2358275 - 02/20/04 08:48 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Its quite common for those who are declining into the varied mental states 'catagorised' by quacks as schizophrenia to try and indluge in psychedelics - perhaps to hide from their concerns or for other reasons i cannot fathom.
But just as often it is the straw that breaks the camel's back. I would suggest no - and if your friend is insistant, i wouldnt dose near them when they do.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience