Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
colonization question
    #2349558 - 02/18/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i recently decided to start growing, i figured for my first time i'd use the mycobags since they said to be fail safe and i have shit luck. i innoculated 16 days ago and no there are no signs of mycelium. i mixed up the bags before and after innoculation, shook the syringe, yes there where spores in it and nothing. i've read mycobags do take a while but i also have no luck whatsoever with anything at all. so should i just be patient or is there any tips you guys have to help get these fellows colonizing, thanks for your time, this is an incredible site with some cool people, someday i hope to be as knowedgable about the subject as you guys are, then i can help someone out as well. peace, love, community

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

Re: colonization question [Re: herbajerba]
    #2349575 - 02/18/04 12:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i'm a beginner aswell so i wouldn't yet dare give advice, i'm also havin problems lol

Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
    #2349605 - 02/18/04 12:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

oh yeah this might help, my temps where around 75, then i upped them to about 80 after reading that 80 is optimal, i am using treasure coast spores, this could also be a factor, i've heard tc's colonize slower, but still they look like they did the day i got them, except the culture is mixed consistantly, thanks guys keep on keeping

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #2349612 - 02/18/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well throw them in a dark warm spot and check them in a week....start some of your own jars...its cheaper in the long run...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2349628 - 02/18/04 12:27 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Patience is a must !
What temp have you been storing it at ?
Have you left it in the dark ?
This may be slightly controversial , but once you inject the bag , jar etc , do not mix or shake it , leave it be till you "know" you have a good germination going i.e. 5-10% colonization of nice pure white mycellium , them mix it up and leave alone again till around 70% colonized , then again mix and leave alone till 100% , then do whatever method of growing you have chosen .
An old and wise proverb says "Watching a pot of water will not make it boil any faster " , or something like that .
Good Luck
Hope this helped
Trip n D
Ps How much spore solution in each bag ?
IMHO , the more the better . Did not like the old solution injection method myself , for germination .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
Re: colonization question [Re: tripndicular]
    #2349655 - 02/18/04 12:37 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i put 2cc in each bag, yeah i think i try jars next, i just wanted an "idiot proof" way of growing just enough so me and my friends won't have to go through people and pay high prices to attain something which should be free and legal
ps i read that one should mix them after innoc and then about a week later, the guy said this worked well for him, could this have destroyed they mycelium that was trying colonize

thanks again guys, rock out with your cock out

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2349691 - 02/18/04 12:49 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

No it probably would not kill the myc , but IMHo , you should leave them undisturbed in a nice little grouping , that way they are easier to see for 1 , and more closely grouped together they are more likely to be introduced to one another for final germination . Remeber it takes two spores to mate and produce mycelum . So again IMO you have better odds when they are not all spread away from one another .
Also IMO the more the better , I would have gone 3 -5 cc of nice dark solution in one bag .
Give it some more time and leave alone , try to forget all about it and dont look for another week , do some research , or start prepping some more for inoc .
Good Luck
Trip n D

PS What do you mean "free and legal" ? Shitakes are legal but not free ! :nut: Some restaurants pay high dollar for fresh shitakes .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (02/18/04 12:55 PM)

Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
    #2350780 - 02/18/04 04:39 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

by free and legal, i'm pantheist for what its worth, just a label really, but i think that evrything that is found in nature such as mushrooms, herb, whatever is a sacred part of our universe, i mean we really shouldn't put price tags on things that aren't ours to begin with, just my thoughts on things, we shouldn't charge people for food, its a neccesity but we do, oh well maybe they'll be another revolution like in the 60s but who knows, just my dos centavos

Offlinecoop
The Rookie

#2351033 - 02/18/04 05:31 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah...listen to these people!!  PATIENCE IS KEY!!  I've been learning that myself.  I just started as well about a month ago using the PF Tek w/jars and casings, and I was starting to get freaked out since it was past a week's time and still no growth in my jars.  FINALLY after 2 weeks, the first sign of white growth starting to take over the jars.  It's now been about 2 1/2 weeks and I still have only about 1/3 of the jar colonized in each.  It just takes time I guess...and a lot of patience.  I've gotten this far on my first try without problems yet, and hopefully I won't run into any when I begin to case these puppies soon.  Good Luck and remember P A T I E N C E ! ! ! :smile:

--------------------

OfflineBLuEFroG
Friend of Many

Loc: Eastern Coast
Re: colonization question [Re: coop]
    #2351055 - 02/18/04 05:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

coop lol... dont jinks yourself!

--------------------

Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
    #2379351 - 02/26/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

so i checked the bags about a week later(today) and they appear to have these white chunks started on top, it looks alot like shale but its whit, some are really hard others are kinda soft, could this be the start of mycelium? sorry i have no pics

Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
    #2385466 - 02/28/04 01:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

does this mean that the bags are dryed out, i did some research and thought this might be but any help is much appreciated

Offlineherbajerba
Stranger
    #2386283 - 02/28/04 11:32 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

a little help please

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation