Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Loc: sudbury, ontario
short salvia trip please help
    #2345785 - 02/17/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive read a lot about salvia and yesterday i bought a gram of 10x. i tried it last night with a friend, and the longest trip lasted about 40 seconds. its pretty intense, and i could see how it would be much crazier, but it just ends after 30 seconds. ive read that it takes a few tries before it works, but can anyone tell me if this is normal? i smoked about 1/3 of a small pipebowl, how much should i have smoked? any advice would be great.

--------------------
lime and limpid green the sound surrounds the icy waters underground

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineazurescens
Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: toofew]
    #2346057 - 02/17/04 02:10 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I too have had experience with th 10x extrat. I did alot of reading on it and talked to people who are avid users. First off, it works similar to hypnosis on people. By that I mean some people will have intense trips, some mild and some none at all no matter how much they smoke. To better intensify your trip, I was instructed to exhale all air in my lungs and then inhaling salvia. And when letting it out, let it out in levels(exhale a little, hold...exhale a little, hold...etc). Take as heroic a hit as you can, unless you would like to build up to such hits. Also, It really only works out of pipe, bong. I have seen a few friends have some really weird trips(in somewhat frighteningways) but as long as there is someone there to watch over and maintain the tether to reality you should be all set. Hope it helps and be safe.

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: azurescens]
    #2347727 - 02/17/04 09:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i tried it once again tonight, this time with a different friend. again the trip was roughly 40 seconds in duration for both of us. could the salvia be bad? its not as if it isnt strong, it just doesnt last. it felt as if i was being pulled out of my body downward through the couch, and along with this came a strange fear and i shut my eyes for comfort. then after feeling extremely strange for a few moments, i forced my eyes open and felt as if i had just woken up from a long sleep (suprised to see my friends watching me, forgotten that i had even smoked anything). this was my third time smoking it and thats all that happened. is this common? you say that the affect on some people isnt as intense as others, but my two friends and i had nearly the same experience.

--------------------

Offlineazurescens
    #2347868 - 02/17/04 10:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That is a very common happening although much shorter than it should be but one never knows with this compound. Also, I have read many articles about it and seen it first hand where paople have done it 2,3,5 times with little to no results and then one time they get whacked by it. If you go to Erowid and read about it, you'll find that most people look at it as a spiritual drug and that the spirit of the drug only reveals itself when you are ready. I know that this sounds a little esoteric and 'out there' but it does make sense on some levels It's not designed to last very long.....10-15 min tops. Also, it's not designed to be a recreational drug but rather an introspective journey. It is possible that you didn't get what you paid for. What type of medium did it come on?? the most common that I have found is when the extract is on Damiana leaves which are crushed, almost smells like tea. I would just say to try it a few more times, making sure that someone straight is there to watch because unlike LSD or mushrooms(where you know you're trippin) it has the ability to throw you into a different world where you dont feel that you're trippin but in actullaity you could be on somebodies floor or something. I dont know where you got it from but when I got mine along time ago it was from Europe and it was very good to all the people that tried it. Let me know!!!!

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#2348264 - 02/17/04 11:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have done 20x extract a few times, and all of my trips are very short. Generally they will last like 2-3 minutes maybe. From completely sober to out of this world to back to almost completely sober very fast. Hehe it's really hard to tell time on Salvia though, never know what's goin on.

OfflineHyperSpace
Truth Warrior

#2348600 - 02/18/04 02:16 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm usually gone on salvia for about 4-5 mins with a 5-10 min. come down..

--------------------
WANTED BY THE U.S. GOVERNMENT: THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.
CREATOR OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
FOR THE CREATION AND CULTIVATION OF THE PLANT MARIJUANA ON THE PLANET EARTH.

GOD MADE IT.
MEN USE IT.
GOVERNMENTS PUT PEOPLE IN CAGES FOR IT.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
    #2349163 - 02/18/04 08:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I smoked some 5x a couple times and each trip lasted about 5-7 min. I think you just need to smoke more. Load up half a bowl of your 10x, take your torch lighter and smoke all of it with one big pull, give your pipe/bong to your friend for a refill while you hold your breath 30 seconds. Then repeat this one more time and you should be out of this world for a good 5 min.  :thumbup: don't give up on it just yet, it's a worth while plant.

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: chodamunky]
    #2349513 - 02/18/04 09:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

alright this is all great to hear. i purchased it from a headshop in a small baggie with 'salvia 10x' written on the front. looks like shavings of pencil lead (closest i can think of, very dark and dry). does smell a bit like tea, but doesnt have much smell at all. i do understand that its use is/was mainly a spiritual drug, and i believe half my fear from taking it was the feeling that somehow i was disrepecting it. i would like to take it alone on my bed, post meditation and preparation, but ive read experiences where people who thought this was ok have 'awoken' with broken limbs etc. so to hell with that idea. i think ill wait till summer and try it outside relaxed at camp. maybe outside would be better anyway? i know that when ive taken mushrooms inside it drastically alters my trip with a kind of claustrophobic feeling, not quite as relaxed. we'll see what happens, there isnt much of the g left (ill purchase from a different place next time) but i surely havent given up! thanks for all the help.

--------------------

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#2350037 - 02/18/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

All of my breakthrough experiences were alone. Last time I did it, I just smoked it alone in my bed. Was a fine time.

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #2350400 - 02/18/04 01:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My first breakthrough was done alone also. But I do recomend a sitter.

also, if you breakthrough on salvia, and it doesn't scare you, write down what happened to you.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2351844 - 02/18/04 06:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If you have a breakthrough that doesn't scare the shit outta you then I definately want to talk! I'm very well versed in heavy psychedellics and every salvia experience I have is horrifying!

sM

--------------------

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: simplemachine]
    #2353858 - 02/19/04 07:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've done Salvia about 70-80 times and most of them were with the 5x, anyways, my trips last about 5-10 min. than about a 30-40 min. comedown and than longass afterglow that sometimes last until the next day.

it's been a while since i've done this stuff, it's good i should do it again sometime, I feel like taliking about it I should start a thread.

Offlinetoofew
curiouslyincomplete
Male

Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: JCoke]
    #2354237 - 02/19/04 10:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah start a thread, share some of your experiences. it seems that i cant stop thinking about my brief experience the other day and id love to hear about the other places that people have gone. very strange stuff.

--------------------

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Re: short salvia trip please help [Re: simplemachine]
    #2355892 - 02/19/04 05:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have only ever used dry leaves, but everytime I experience salvia, it is the time of my life.

I have said it before, I don't understand how anyone has a bad experience with salvia. I totally love that I am in dreamland before I know anything else.

I would like to try multiple strengths. maybe a 5x will hit me so hard that I don't go unconsious and have a crazy time figuring out reality. I know, figuring out reality on shrooms can be flabbergasting, but with a salvia experience, you already have enough information to proceed logically within the narrative framework. Totally a dream. If I had to stay in this field of view while the universes matrix latice is folded and drained and contorted in ways only imaginable, it might be hard to focus on a cup on a table.

My friend tells me of a 5x or 10x pipe administered dose where his arm, leaning against the windowsill, molded to become part of the house. Then he saw the logo of the company that sold him the salvia as a tapestry on every surface.

Have you heard about that tincture though? whoosh.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
    #2356027 - 02/19/04 05:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting... I am hoping my own salvia will arrive in today's mail (standardised 10X extract).

This will be my first salvia experience and I will post my findings here.

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag