Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

Ecuador Fruit Log - MS -> WBS -> CVG
    #23470370 - 07/23/16 07:32 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

• Knocked up 5 jars of WBS with an MS syringe from a reputable vendor (Doc34`s Wild Bird Seed Tek)

• jars were 100% colonized + 4 days before spawning to CVG (48 days total)

• CVG sub w/ no casing layer (Damion5050's tek + 1/4 cup gypsum - casing)

• Sub depth is 2.75" - 3" ish (a little shallow for my liking but that's all the sub I had)

• 1:4 ish ratio

• introduced to fruiting conditions 9 days after spawning to bulk (wanted to go 14 but it started knotting)

DAY 01

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilosoulful

Re: Ecuador Fruit Log - MS -> WBS -> CVG [Re: GIjoe420]
    #23470658 - 07/23/16 09:20 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Your jar looks a tad bit bacterial. I see uneven colonization.
But that's to be expected since you started from MS and no spore syringe is 100% clean.
Ofherwise, everything is looking pretty good and you should end up with a pretty decent first flush

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

Re: Ecuador Fruit Log - MS -> WBS -> CVG [Re: Psilosoulful]
    #23471900 - 07/24/16 10:29 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

why do you say that they looked a little bacterial? I'm still kind of new to this and would like to know what you are looking at for future reference. The jars were super white and thick all around right before spawning. I forgot pics but here they are on the right some time close to my final shake.... maybe 2.5 weeks ago? can you have bacteria in your jars that don't lead to contamination? they smelled mushy AF when I cracked em'. There was nothing sweet or anything close to the contaminations I have smelled before

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #23471978 - 07/24/16 11:04 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

try foo mans wbs prep, doc's is old, uses coffee filters and I think he says PC for 60mins only?

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

Re: Ecuador Fruit Log - MS -> WBS -> CVG [Re: spacechildo]
    #23476668 - 07/25/16 07:33 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Foo Man's WBS Method

I'll have to try that out man, thanks for the tip. It seems like a shorter process than mine but I have had a lot of luck with Docs.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Ecuador Fruit Log - MS -> WBS -> CVG [Re: spacechildo]
    #23476684 - 07/25/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

spacechildo said:
try foo mans wbs prep, doc's is old, uses coffee filters and I think he says PC for 60mins only?

Fooman's says 60 min as well but I just tell people to bump it up to 90. But as millet prep goes it's the closest to what I do myself. I should probably do write up on how I prep my millet.

Invisibledjmako7
Antitransubstantiationalist
 User Gallery

Loc: A shady spot under a tree
Re: Ecuador Fruit Log - MS -> WBS -> CVG [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23476724 - 07/25/16 07:49 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

spacechildo said:

Fooman's says 60 min as well but I just tell people to bump it up to 90. But as millet prep goes it's the closest to what I do myself. I should probably do write up on how I prep my millet.

Please do. I only use white millet. Buy 10 pound bag of it cheap on ebay. I have had more contam issues with millet more than rye berries for some reason.

--------------------

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23476738 - 07/25/16 07:53 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

The growth in the tub has taken off nicely in the last couple of days. It was a lot more than I was expecting because the jars colonized so slowly for me. I have about 3 or 4 side pins that I can see and 2 of them are poking out in to the tub. I plan on trying to harvest those as the veil starts to break but I am still not sure what to do about the couple of big side pins that are staying down in the sub. Should I harness my Operation skills and just cut and extract those bitches? The pin set is not very even with a couple different pins here and there but the hyphal knots are starting to even out and come in a lot more. The Ecuador mycelium is a lot more dense than other strains I have grown and this run does seem to be a bit uneven. The tub does not smell as mushy as the some of the scrumptious B+ tubs I have done in the past but I lost my last two tubs to contamination so I am just super stoked nothing sweet is there.

DAY 03

Offlinespacechildo
proletarians rise up
Male User Gallery

Loc: Babylon
    #23476781 - 07/25/16 08:04 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Quote:

spacechildo said:

whoa, first time I've noticed!
doc's says 90mins now at least! :cool:

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery
    #23476793 - 07/25/16 08:06 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
I should probably do write up on how I prep my millet.

YEAH!!!!!!!

..i have been asking you to for ever and ever and ever

be like nike
JUST DO IT!

..i get tired of stalking you

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23479932 - 07/26/16 08:02 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

DAY 04

The mycellium is getting much more dense on the surface of the substrate as to be expected. This Ecuador has some very thick growth, it was very hard for me to break up the jars. Super Glue and shit. Pin set is still not as even and I would like, and I would to know how to correct that in future runs. The early bird side mushrooms are getting huge and will most likely start to mature tomorrow or the day after. There are a bunch of other mushrooms down there as well. I am not sure if I should harvest these in one shot regardless of maturity, or what. Maybe it will minimize the damage I might cause doing them all at once? Still no signs or smells of contamination.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23479942 - 07/26/16 08:05 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Looks dry.

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23480072 - 07/26/16 08:31 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
Looks dry.

There is some pooling going on in some areas too. So what do those symptoms mean and what's the cure?

The tub isn't dialed in like my last good grows and I am not sure how to correct it. She is sitting in the middle of my home office on top of a box that is about 15 inches off the ground. there is an oscillating fan sitting on 2 all day long and the temps are around the 80's. I can probably check the RH in the room tomorrow if my digital meter still works. I am usually on par with Franks' write-up How to dial in your monotubs like a boss but I am in a new room on this grow. I will post pictures of the walls tomorrow but it's just a uniform condensation all around, with very little dripping if any.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23480087 - 07/26/16 08:34 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

First off kill the fan. Those work for some but are disasters for others. Second hit the sub with a mist. The pooling can be soaked up with a paper towel but the dry parts are dying. Every time you change rooms you need to revaluate what's happening. Different air currents in different rooms may have a big effect on your mono. Adjust until things like your dry rings and surface condensation are as they should be.

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23480153 - 07/26/16 08:50 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

• mist
  • soak up excess pooling with paper towel
  • kill fan

Will do man. Thanks!

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23481829 - 07/27/16 10:04 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

DAY 05 : AM

I soaked up any pooling water that was on the sub surface with a paper towel. There was not as much as I thought was in there. I lightly misted sub surface with regular tap water from a good distance away for a nice and even application. Seems like it did the trick though man. The surface looks a lot better, more like my past grows where the tub is dialed in.

Pre-Mist:

mist:

Post-Mist:

I just checked the tube a couple of hours after these pics and the mushroom caps on the side are starting to stretch their veils so I plan on extracting all of those tonight. I also killed the fan like Pasty said. I am getting rings around the top holes but not the bottom ones yet. It has been about 3 hours and I couldn't find my thermometer/rh meter so I am ordering a couple more tonight because I need them for other hobbies as well.

I'm still not exactly sure what is wrong with my environment though if you don't mind enlightening me some more. Is the rooms RH most likely very low and that's leading to the dry sub? Or was I not at good field capacity with my bulk sub when spawning?

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23483714 - 07/27/16 08:27 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

DAY 05: PM

I extracted the gaggle of side pins that were going on. It went better than I expected and I didn't beat up the sub really at all. I used a big sharp kitchen knife and some skewers to handle the job. I didn't have a scale, so I went to my buddies. They weighed too much all together for his scale so I measured it out in pieces. Basically I couldn't really take it as an accurate weigh in but for what it is worth I think it said about ~ 110g wet? I didn't think that was right and I didn't trust my system for any accuracy with a janky pot dealers scale and dividing it out like that so who knows what they really weighed.

The grow seems to be coming along fine. I didn't see much growth really compared to the last couple of days. It looks way better after that misting but I still can't get it dialed in. Right now I have circles around the top holes but not around the bottom ones. Should I loosen the poly on the bottom holes?

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23483773 - 07/27/16 08:45 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

You do have circles around the bottom holes. At any rate your problem is shit is too dry, you need glistening beads of water all over your sub. You have none. Don't loosen the poly, mist it and see how it does. In fact even your pins look like they are about to bust veils from drying out. Your myc is starting to look like it's dying. You will be pretty sad if you add more FAE to that mix.

OfflineGIjoe420
N00B

#23483821 - 07/27/16 09:07 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I'll leave the poly alone and pick up the misting, the little bit I did helped out a lot. I think I was just hesitant, I guess because I don't want to over saturate and I'm new so I'm still getting the feel for what is good and bad. Thanks for all your help. There are no circles there man, maybe it's just the lighting or something in the picture. I'll grab better pics tomorrow.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23483834 - 07/27/16 09:10 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

There are dry rings around the bottom holes. I can see them. You only want them to be about a half inch to 3/4 of an inch thick. That is often smaller than the bulge the poly makes and can be hard to notice unless you know what to look for. Really it's almost impossible to stuff the bottom holes too tight.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate