Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time?
    #2343463 - 02/16/04 09:20 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

After many months of reading up on psilocybin mushrooms, trip reports, and the psychadelic experience, me and a friend are *finally* gonna be able to try them next week. We are both very excited to finally be able to experience what the all the fuss is about  :grin: As recommended by many people, we will take 1.5 to 2g each for our first time. My question is this: is it possible to be disappointed by the psychadelic experience or it this something so alien and profound compared to our regular state of mind, "you can't miss it" so to speak? I will admit, my expectations are somewhat high but I blame Terence McKenna for that  :tongue: I'm not sure if I'll get half of what the mushroom is about with a relatively low dose but I was strongly advised not take 3.5g for my first time.

So, how was your first experience? Less than you expected, just what you thought it would be, or much more than you had imagined?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEvangeliontx
Unleaded only

Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: chodamunky]
    #2343477 - 02/16/04 09:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Im in the same boat... im tempted to take an 3.5 my first time.

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: Evangeliontx]
    #2343525 - 02/16/04 09:36 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well, my first was very exciting, 2 grams is the way to go, i shroom every once in a while, and i usually only take 2 grams to this day, and that flips my whig, so 2 should be plenty. Ive take upwards of 5 grams and it can get pretty crazy tripping that had, scary at times.

as for your second question, there is no way you could "miss it", it is very intense and something very different. be prepared and have fun. #1 point, just go with the flow(cliche i know)

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: supra]
    #2343617 - 02/16/04 10:01 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I took an 1/8 the first time and I LOVED it...

--------------------

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA Flag
    #2343660 - 02/16/04 10:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Why dip your toes in the water when you can jump right in?

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2343717 - 02/16/04 10:23 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i'd say to expect anything, but even that is wrong. expect nothing. you won't cheapen the experience with preconceived notions. in my opinion...

and unless the shrooms were weak, i've never really heard of somebody being dissapointed by them :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: entiformatie]
    #2343948 - 02/16/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

You will definitely notice when they come on. I would recommend 3 grams though.

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: Dankman]
    #2344007 - 02/16/04 11:26 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

do you WANT to take an eighth, or just considering the possibilities?  Setting is a big factor... you want to make your first trip one to really remember.  If everything looks good, I'd say go ahead and take an eighth.  Enjoy your awakening.  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2344397 - 02/17/04 01:23 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

!!!!!! You haven't shroomed? woah :wink: I can't believe you put up with all of us weird trippers for so long :laugh:!

Well Choda buddy, I'd say don't worry about expectations - You're going to trip and you're going to enjoy it. There may be troubling things that occur to you during the experience but let them "flow by" like all the rest of the awesome stuff you'll experience.

Overall, I'd say its difficult to be disappointed on the first trip, especially considering your extreme interest and generally psychedelic mind :wink:

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll meet yourself

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2344502 - 02/17/04 03:43 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Lol. I just want to comment on how hilarious this thread seems to me after coming out of some good acid. Enjoy your shrooms man.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #2344517 - 02/17/04 03:56 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think you should eat an eighth for your first time.

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
    #2344529 - 02/17/04 04:05 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i shared an 1/8 with my friend my first time. i was kinda giggly but thats about the only effects i got. i think it takes me more than the average bear to get me to my desired state though. I suggest 3 grams dried.

OfflineGeeno
    #2344628 - 02/17/04 05:59 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Is my timeline messed up here? Youre just asking this after youve got 1272 posts worth of time spent here?

Anyways in my opinion youll have to take at least 5 grams since youve thought about it so long youll just mentally destroy any lesser dosage. Maybe 3.5 would be good, but 1.5 and 2.0?

Offlineazurescens
    #2346079 - 02/17/04 02:19 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

First find out what strain they are. If your doing some regular cubes(ie gulf coast, ecuador) then they will tend to be around normal potency...1.5-3g should be fine pending your mental state in life. If you're lucky enough to find some cyanescens or the ever popular azurescens then by all means go with lower doses whereas these strains are substantially more potent. Have fun!!!!!

OfflineTrip
Lost Pilgrim

#2346094 - 02/17/04 02:27 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

i took an 1/8 my first time aswell and had a blast. after that i found anything under an eighth not as satisfying.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#2346601 - 02/17/04 04:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say your chances of "disapointment" will be greater if you onle dose 1.5-2 grams since sometimes not breaking through can leave you in an uncomfortable state.  Gor for an eigth if you want.  You should be more than prepared.  It won't kill you................ :wink:

But that's not to say1.5-2 grams isn't enough to blow your top.  But I like what this guy said:
Quote:

Anyways in my opinion youll have to take at least 5 grams since youve thought about it so long youll just mentally destroy any lesser dosage. Maybe 3.5 would be good, but 1.5 and 2.0?

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
    #2346691 - 02/17/04 04:34 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think people should consider that nobody reacts the same to mushrooms , and some people need only 2 grams to have a quite mindblowing trip. Why risk taking an eight , trip too hard and be disapointed cuz they blasted you too far...I think taking 2 g's your first time is alright, you might have a very cool trip, or not much of a trip , but at least your chances of freaking out are lower...

An eight for me is a very strong trip. My ego splits in many parts , fractals just take full control of my vision in the dark, the stars rearange in new constellations when I look at the sky...Cool stuff, but I don't think I would have found it cool on my first time...

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Is it possible to be disapointed for your first time? [Re: Trip]
    #2346802 - 02/17/04 04:52 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

whoa cool, thx for for all your input guys. Yea I know I have over 1200 posts and I've been here for almost two years, but I really learned so much on these boards even without really experiencing the mushroom (I actually did try like 0.75g one time from a guy I met when I went camping but I don't consider that a real trip). Coming to the Shroomery is an experience in itself :smile:  But honestly, I couldn't find anyone reliable to deal me shrooms (growing them isn't option for me at this point) so I just sorta gave up last summer and told myself "they'll find me when it's time". And so last month it unexpectedly happened and me and buddy got 7g  :biggrin:  Unfortunately I don't know what strain they are but after comparing to pics at Erowid I'm pretty sure they could be cubensis.

At first I wanted to take the full eigth but my buddy is sort of apprehnsive about that and suggested we take 2 grams and then the 1.5 we have left over we take at another time and smoke some weed since it can intesify the effects. It seems like a good idea, I'd rather not take 3.5g while my buddy takes 2g, I think we wouldn't be on the same wavelength so to speak. We are both unexperienced with psychadelics, this will sort of be like a crash course in preparation for the upper level trips . :mushroom2: ahhhh, and now I continue to play the waiting game... next week seems too long away!

Here's another question for experienced trippers: do you still get as excited before you trip as when you first began experimenting? Is the magic still there?

Offlinejarby
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2347240 - 02/17/04 06:49 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I've only tripped about 5 times, but each time beforehand, the magic is certainly there. 2gs is the perfect amount for the first time IMO.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2347606 - 02/17/04 09:00 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

roll with an 1/8 man, you'll be glad you did. my first trip was an 1/8 and it blew my mind, gone, peace, later, bye, hold-on-cause-your-getting-shot-off-bye-the-seat-of-your-pants, hasta lavista, todlleloo, fucking woah intense. heh an 1/8 still dose that to me, I took four once, damm. have fun.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds