Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
No media bias?
    #2346535 - 02/17/04 06:08 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN FEB 15, 2004 23:00:32 ET XXXXX

FLASHBACK: MEDIA GRILLED BUSH OVER 'ADULTERY' CLAIMS

As main press players blast the DRUDGE REPORT and foreign outlets for revealing details of a behind-the-scenes campaign drama surrounding candidate Kerry and the nature of his relationship with a mystery woman -- just 12 years ago the same players peppered former President George Bush with questions surrounding an infidelity rumor!

In 1992 top reporters swiftly reacted to a footnote in a book quoting a long dead ambassador.

CNN rushed to get the rumor into the media stream as White House correspondent Mary Tillotson confronted President Bush as he hosted Israel Prime Minister Rabin in the Oval Office.

"There is an extensive series of reports in today's New York Post alleging that a former U.S. ambassador, a man now deceased, had told several persons that he arranged for a sexual tryst involving you and one of your female staffers in Geneva in 1984."

Asked NBC's Stone Phillips to the president's face at the height of the "rumor mongering":

"Have you ever had an affair?"

CBS' Harry Smith then confronted Bush spokesperson Mary Matalin over on-air morning coffee:

"Let me ask you about something else. There's a book out, or a book that's just about out that in a footnote names that then-Vice President Bush had an affair with an assistant when he was on a mission in Geneva. Well, that footnote has turned into frontpage news (holding up N.Y.POST), at least in New York, in the N.Y. POST. Albeit a tabloid, it is usually a conservative newspaper. Are you ready to say that accusation is a flat out lie?"

NEWSWEEK's Jonathan Alter defended the aggressive adultery rumor line-of-questioning of the first President Bush on ABC's NIGHTLINE on August 12, 1992, on a broadcast titled: "The Media Charges George Bush With Adultery."

"In this situation, the Oval Office isn't a temple," Alter explained. "The President is a candidate and he has to be asked tough, often distasteful, but nonetheless important kinds of questions."

UPI's Helen Thomas also defended the Bush affair reportage:

"Some people might have felt that it wasn't appropriate. But when you have the President there, I think it's very legitimate to ask him any question."

CUT TO 2004:

NEWSWEEK'S Alter blasted any and all coverage of the Kerry infidelity probe last week on a New York City talkradio outlet -- calling the investigation "sleazy."

The media outrage over an erupting story of possible infidelity of a presidential candidate -- 2004 -- peaked with Joe Conason's cover story in SALON late last week ["There he goes again! Matt Drudge and the GOP smear machine are back in the Democrats' pants"]

Conason lamented:

"But the kind of proof usually required by national news organizations isn't what Drudge needs in order to put innuendo into circulation."

But is this really the same Joe Conason who in the Summer of 1992 wrote a magazine cover story entitled "1,000 REASONS NOT TO VOTE FOR GEORGE BUSH?"

Consaon's reason #1:

"He cheats on his wife."

The rumor of President Bush having an affair was never proved by the media.

The developing Kerry drama may or may not join it on the shelf.

Only the blind can't see it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: No media bias? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2346551 - 02/17/04 06:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The media loves scandal, plain and simple.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: No media bias? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2346594 - 02/17/04 06:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
The media loves scandal, plain and simple.

Yes. They just seem to love it more when a conservative is the target.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2346630 - 02/17/04 06:21 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I seem to remember a media feeding frenzy over a certain Bill Clinton fella. Ever heard of him?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2346681 - 02/17/04 06:32 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Who?

In his case he brought it on himself. Neither Bush nor Kerry have been accused of staining a dress "on the job".

And had Clinton been smart enough to simply say "none of your business" we'd have been spared most of that. Which by the way was brought about by lying under oath. Not as many feeble lefties would have you believe... a blown load.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#2346719 - 02/17/04 06:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Who?

In his case he brought it on himself. Neither Bush nor Kerry have been accused of staining a dress "on the job".

Since you agree that it was nobody's business what went on between him and Monica, obviously he wasn't solely responsible for bringing it on himself(although he certainly bares much of the blame), as someone had asked the question in the first place.

Quote:

And had Clinton been smart enough to simply say "none of your business" we'd have been spared most of that. Which by the way was brought about by lying under oath. Not as many feeble lefties would have you believe... a blown load.

We're talking media here, not law. Maybe the legal issue was about perjury, but what do you think the media is more interested in: perjury or a sex scandal?

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2346833 - 02/17/04 07:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

As soon as he unzipped his fly he was responsible.

And it depends on the media. Some wanted the "steamy" story, others were interested in the facts.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2351838 - 02/18/04 08:56 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

This thread is about media bias, which two-inch dick illustrated absolutely brilliantly. His point was that the mainstream press will pursue unsubstantiated rumors when they are about a Republican and decry them when they're about a Democrat. There doesn't seem to be any truth to either the Bush or the Kerry rumors. Hell they might have planted them themselves so they could play the victim. Slick Willy, on the other did actually do the deed, although for the life of me I can't understand why Starr was even allowed to ask the question.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion