Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under your bed Flag
105 qt mono of pe
    #23463760 - 07/21/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

this is the second flush I got 22 dry grams from the first I made the tub on 6/2 whole oats MS agar hpoo straw and verm with gypsum there is that little cluster and maybe 6 more pins around the tub idk why I'm not getting any more coming in I know MS is a crap shoot but I still would think I could pull 4 zips off atleast

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoabfighter
Tam Fighter
 User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Boogieman47]
    #23463771 - 07/21/16 07:40 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Probably the biggest tub I've seen.

Also the least flush I've seen.

Odd

--------------------
KSSS And PE WBS.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Moabfighter]
    #23463790 - 07/21/16 07:45 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Ya I really think my fae/GE has been off that is the second mono I had I was able to fruit so I am still figuring out the poly ... I changed my sub up now on my new tubs it's half brick coir 7 quarts hpoo verm gypsum 4 quarts water so I'm hoping I get better results ... all my other tubs are normal 66 qt that 105 was in my garage so I used it

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23464524 - 07/21/16 11:51 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

The surface is looking dry. Over high spawn ratios mean the sub has less water to pump into the fruits and humidify the chamber but people used to grow on cased grain. So I doubt that is the whole problem. You need to work on dialing in the tub and getting surface conditions up.

13 quarts is a lot of spawn tho, I would also avoid making tubs that big. You get better BE on a smaller substrate typically and fewer eggs in the basket is less risk of losing the whole grow to one bad jar. It's also harder to dial in tubs that size, way more FAE needs to be brought in.

I used 12 quarts to spawn 6 mini monos. If one quart is bad I lose one tub and still have 5 to enjoy. Massive subs can be fun but they are risky.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23464546 - 07/22/16 12:01 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

It's the only one I have like that I will retire it after this grow and it was just my dumb mind thinking I could produce a massive amount using more quarts of spawn... I've been talking to a few of you guys who do well and have all been told less is more, so the last few tubs have been more of like a 1:3 1:4 ratio and as far as dialing in I found out the polyfil I was using was too dense so I bought some different stuff but thanks for the input man much appreciated do you think pouring a quart or two around the edges will help ?

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #23464558 - 07/22/16 12:06 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

My 13 quarts spawn, 100+ something liter tub:

You gotta be pulling good flushes first before you make a huge tub otherwise you waste a ton of grain.  I was able to pull about a pound dry out of mine, but I expected a bit more.  Problem was 13 jars means tons of vectors for one jar to fuck everything up, succumbed to some kinda mold or other after the first flush.  I was hoping for more but I could've gotten a lot less too.

I wouldn't do it again unless it was with a tested clone, and I was absolutely sure the jars were clean.  The BE goes down quite a bit when you make a huge substrate like that.

I did find it even easier to dial in than a smaller tub though, odd that you'd have trouble with it.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23464564 - 07/22/16 12:09 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Well I find that it'd often genetics that determines the best use of spawn. But there is definitely a tipping point where returns are diminished. I would not go over 1:1.5 myself and sometimes 1:2 or even 1:3 can outperform.

More water could help. Judge by the weight of the tub, if it feels light maybe a dunk might be needed. Bulk often has loads of water to spare.

I would work on dialing in surface conditions over all. A super high spawn ratio like yours in a tub that size should still have been able to push out 8oz in good conditions. Even with ms. So get that down for sure, it does take practice tho.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Inocuole]
    #23464596 - 07/22/16 12:21 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Inocuole said:
My 13 quarts spawn, 100+ something liter tub:

You gotta be pulling good flushes first before you make a huge tub otherwise you waste a ton of grain.  I was able to pull about a pound dry out of mine, but I expected a bit more.  Problem was 13 jars means tons of vectors for one jar to fuck everything up, succumbed to some kinda mold or other after the first flush.  I was hoping for more but I could've gotten a lot less too.

I wouldn't do it again unless it was with a tested clone, and I was absolutely sure the jars were clean.  The BE goes down quite a bit when you make a huge substrate like that.

I did find it even easier to dial in than a smaller tub though, odd that you'd have trouble with it.

that shit looks killer for sure definitely happy for you Ya I jumped the gun like I do with everything I mean I broke my zipper on my pants while ordering spore syringes I bought 9 and got 5 free thinking I was the man with a plan haha now realizing its a headache to even run three varieties of cubes and I have 6 Lmao ...

Pasty , the surface conditions would mean both top and bottom holes?? I just re did all my holes with the new poly I had the quilt shit before now have extra plush that feels like smooth stripper titties haha but hopefully I can figure it out from here thanks you guys

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23464628 - 07/22/16 12:30 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Well and that was my second tub that I've fruited that didn't Goto shit I've only been trying out this hobby since March I haven't had much practice on tubs yet I've done a few myc blocks in sgfc's but only two  mono tubs that I have harvested from

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23464654 - 07/22/16 12:42 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Are you into agar yet?  You need to stretch those syringes out and get some cultures stored long term so you have clean inoculate on hand and don't have to buy any more spores.  Try to have a print and a slant of each variety so you'll always have something to start back from.

MS syringe could be the reason the yield was diminished, between bacteria and hidden contams,  On the other hand, it could just be conditions, and it could be possible to milk the remaining BE out of it by dialing it in.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23464679 - 07/22/16 12:56 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Ya everything I have is all from agar I just used up most of the 100 jars I had going... I thought you guys had a typo for gas exchange what's be I've never saw that before ? I was planning on getting a clone from each type I have and make slants and prints as I go I have orissa India, mexi cub, pe, aa+, b+, star gazers, illusion weavers, Brazil, ksss, treasure coast, reality benders, and I can't remember the last one and I fucked up and ordered two of the same oh mazatapec so if you guys wanna try one let me know I'll try to get it going for a print for you

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467777 - 07/22/16 10:47 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Hey inocuole do you adjust your poly the same as a regular tub or do you make them all pretty tight medium or how ? I just poured 3/4 of a quart of water in mine and have the bottom about medium and top loose

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23467793 - 07/22/16 10:49 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I uh, adjust it until it's dialed in?  I dunno. Tighter holes on bottom, looser holes on top.  If I did it again I would have to watch it for a day or two to make sure it's where I want it before I settled on a configuration.  Better that than assuming I already know the exact polyfill densities ahead of time.  How would I even explain the polyfill densities if I did know the exact ones to use though?  23% less than completely packed?  All too relative..

--------------------

Coir-ca-cola

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467804 - 07/22/16 10:52 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Well I'm asking what to really look for ?? I have evap rings I'm just having a hard time figuring out the configuration and how to tell it's dialed in I'm sure someone as skilled as you it's no problem but having very little mono tub experience and being a fish at this game it's not that easy

--------------------

InvisibleMoabfighter
Tam Fighter
 User Gallery

#23467828 - 07/22/16 11:03 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

It's hard to comprehend what is correct until you get it correct. I still haven't figured it out.

--------------------
KSSS And PE WBS.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467845 - 07/22/16 11:08 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Ya I'm hoping that this new poly I have works better Fuck this tub is almost two months old with 22 dry grams hahaha alot of time wasted bbut I guess ots been good practice I mean it's not like I don't have enough spawn but it would be nice to have a fat ass harvest

--------------------

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #23467849 - 07/22/16 11:09 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

If it were something that could be explained over text it would already be a tek. :shrug:  Frank's dial in tek is a pretty damn good starting point.  You gotta tailor it further though, and be willing to accommodate.  All I can really recommend is to start on the side of more FAE and compensate by misting, then keep dialing tighter and reducing misting until you find the ideal balance, you can either stop misting entirely by dialing it in tight or resign to misting it once a day and give it a little more FAE, which I find myself doing more often than not. Casing layers help mitigate moisture loss and give you some headroom to dial differently.  I always go for more FAE though so I never have to worry about things that like low FAE situations, like stray molds.

I also keep the bottom holes pretty tight and do 95% of the adjustments with the top poly.

OfflineRooster Cogburn
Ranger

#23467854 - 07/22/16 11:10 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

BE, biological efficiency is the weight of mushrooms harvested vs. dry weight of the substrate, 1 pound of mushrooms from 1 pound of dry substrate is 100% BE.

Edited by Rooster Cogburn (07/22/16 11:16 PM)

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Rooster Cogburn]
    #23467885 - 07/22/16 11:20 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

OK thanks rooster... and OK that clears things up a little because I had the tops pretty loose with the bottoms I think too tight... on my mazzie mono I had alot of aborts whereas this one I didn't have really any but both tubs didn't flourish and seemed to always dry even misting it daily ... I think maybe since I have six holes along the bottom of this one helped with aborts I believe all my holes are about medium stuffed now all I'm waiting for is the new tubs to pin I have 10 more going and don't want anymore tubs like my last two I don't mean to bug over it too much just trying to have some insight of what my problems are thanks alot

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467902 - 07/22/16 11:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Here is the mazzie thread if you guys wanna take a look https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23301889/fpart/4/vc/1#23301889

--------------------

OfflineRooster Cogburn
Ranger

#23467930 - 07/22/16 11:34 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I looked at your thread. This may be a culture issue and not the tubs.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
    #23467931 - 07/22/16 11:35 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

You should try and find the right time to case, all your casing layers seem to get over-colonized. If you are fruiting at spawning either try making a thicker casing or case a few days later. A fully colonized casing layer will not really do it's job, which is retain water. Microclimate is among one of the most important factors for pinning since we don't have time to babysit it all day and mist whenever the surface dries.

I also agree that you should stick to smaller grows for now. Having 3 mini monos instead of 1 hundred quart mono will give you more room to experiment with poly densities and misting.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23467945 - 07/22/16 11:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Rooster Cogburn said:
I looked at your thread. This may be a culture issue and not the tubs.

These grows are all MS, there are plenty of strains in there capable of giving you a decent flush if you give them what they need. It's even less likely that both his varieties have crap genetics, even more so that cubes in general are pretty damn stable.

OfflineRooster Cogburn
Ranger

#23467964 - 07/22/16 11:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

True, though I have most certainly received some awful strains and contaminated syringes though some of the vendors. But your probably right it's the enviorment, I just cant remember poly density being a huge issue until I wanted to REALLY dial in the tubs.
Also, what size holes do you use for tubs? I use a 2" hole saw for mine.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467967 - 07/22/16 11:43 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Haha but a 100 quart mono is the boss way to do it Lmao I will post a pic of my new pe 66 qt tub 1:3 ratio tomorrow see if you guys think I've done better .... rooster you mean bad spawn? Or bad genetics? I used hpoo straw and verm on both of these tubs all my new tubs are professor pinheads coir and poo I think I like it much better

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467969 - 07/22/16 11:43 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Mine are 1.5"

--------------------

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

#23467991 - 07/22/16 11:52 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, 1.5" is plenty, it's the poly that makes all the difference.

I'm sure a canopy in a mini mono will look more boss than a 105quart tub with a couple of shrooms in it. Just some food for thought. What looks boss is relative to whatever your grow ends up looking like. We get these thin little tray pics in POTD sometimes and they look just as beastly as any mono grow when the shrooms are plentiful.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23467998 - 07/22/16 11:56 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

No I know I was playing I had that in my garage and Gave it a shot man

--------------------

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

#23475513 - 07/25/16 01:25 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Is this because lack of moisture and fae? I'm talking about how tall and skinny they are ... I picked one last night that was 18.26 wet but the cap opened up and stem got all bumpy these caps stayed pretty closed... together these were just under 100 grams wet

--------------------

OfflineRooster Cogburn
Ranger

#23475787 - 07/25/16 02:57 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Generally that is FAE, they are looking for air.

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Rooster Cogburn]
    #23475804 - 07/25/16 03:02 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Ya I loosened up the top holes alot... the one I wonder if it would have been bigger, it was a normal looking shroom just was wondering if it was fae for certain thanks man

--------------------

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23476218 - 07/25/16 05:34 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Probably, but it still looks good to me.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Mad Season]
    #23476224 - 07/25/16 05:37 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

PE often look top heavy IME

InvisibleBoogieman47
Let's boogie
Male User Gallery

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23476856 - 07/25/16 08:22 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

For the most part I'm not complaining I've just personally never seen them look like this they always were stubby ... considering my flushes are so small I know shit is not up to par with my tubs thanks for the replies

--------------------

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: 105 qt mono of pe [Re: Mad Season]
    #23477506 - 07/26/16 02:12 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mad Season said:
Probably, but it still looks good to me.

:whathesaid:

Looks fine to me too. I generally don't worry about FAE unless I see an abnormal amount of fuzzy feet or fuzz on the caps.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale