Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekjb1891
MycoManiac

Best Florida Counties?
    #2338806 - 02/15/04 08:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What are the best Florida counties for hunting for cubes, cyans, and subbs during peak shroom season?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleStymee
From here to reality.
 User Gallery

Loc: Seattle, WA Flag
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: kjb1891]
    #2338944 - 02/15/04 08:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Cyans?

Offlinekjb1891
MycoManiac

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: Stymee]
    #2339315 - 02/15/04 10:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Copelandia cyanescens

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #2339718 - 02/16/04 12:40 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

This is a very arbitrary question. I doubt anyone has conducted any kind of research that would answer your question.

Bottom line: you can find active mushrooms everywhere in Flordia.

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: Gumby]
    #2345644 - 02/17/04 12:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

now now...oceola count has the highest dencity of cows in the state...but fla is no 3 beef produceing state in the us. so yes you can find them all over but i would say that south fla would be a beter bet because of the warmer temps..its like a 10 degree diffrence from central to south florida..

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
    #2345702 - 02/17/04 12:51 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

anywhere warm humid and with farmland...that's where you'll find them.

OfflineDpg_109
Stranger
    #2345792 - 02/17/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i got arrested in martin co., so that one is DQed

--------------------
And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise,
And her footprints make you follow where the sky loves the sea.
And when your fingers find her, she drowns you in her body,
Carving deep blue ripples in the tissues of your mind.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2345934 - 02/17/04 01:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

"oceola count has the highest dencity of cows in the state"

dude all i could find in ocala were horses, i didnt even see a freekin cow.

where abouts are they?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2345960 - 02/17/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

They invented PMs for a reason.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: Gumby]
    #2345961 - 02/17/04 01:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

In regards to those who say there are m hundreds of pastures in their counties and so on and so forth,. Not every field will have mushrooms in it. And the odds against many are not right. There are more fields which have no PSilocybe Copelandia inthem then there are those which do.

After half a year in Jacksonville Florida, I only picked cubes in theree locations, trhe primary one was a well known dairy farm with many fiemls but oinly cubes in one of them. I foudn two other minor fields within that period of time that I lived there. I woudllsay that out of 20 fields I visited on an everyother day basis, only three had cubes int hem and I foound no Copes during that time, that is not to say they might not be there at a differnet time of the year but I doubt it.

Even inHawaii, there aare dozens of fields there which never produce Copelandias and then there are some which produce mass shrooms.

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2346368 - 02/17/04 03:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol you went all over the whole county (one of the biggest in the state)...?? usually the feilds with oak trees have mushies...hint hint.

--------------------
work of fiction

OfflineChiefThunderbong
Inhale to theChief
 User Gallery

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: IDontGrow]
    #2347669 - 02/17/04 09:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

usually the feilds with oak trees have mushies...hint hint.

I don't believe that statement has any basis in fact whatsoever. I agree with MJ, I've visted a whole lot of fields and found quite a few that simply do not produce.

--------------------
Yeah spinnin' around again
yea caught in a tailspin

Offlinekjb1891
MycoManiac

#2347684 - 02/17/04 09:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Are areas of Florida on or just east of the gulf coast(ie:Tampa-Clearwater area) better because of higher humidity from the gulf?

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

#2348352 - 02/18/04 12:34 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

the ones i have found shrooms in had shade from trees......most of the shrooms were under the oaks. have only found shrooms in one feild my whole limited hunting experinces.

--------------------
work of fiction

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: IDontGrow]
    #2348852 - 02/18/04 04:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

IDontGrow said:
the ones i have found shrooms in had shade from trees......most of the shrooms were under the oaks. have only found shrooms in one feild my whole limited hunting experinces.

this being the case, you probably shouldn't be giving hints to someone who has hunted mushrooms all over the world......hint, hint.... :wink:

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2349347 - 02/18/04 09:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The best counties in Florida to hunt shrooms in are the ones where you know the people who own the property and they are o.k with you looking for mushrooms on their land.
-Other than that, I would have to divide the state into two distinct portions of north and south florida, my favorite place for mushrooms in south florida is of course Manatee county, simply just because it is a beautiful stretch of land and i love it there, with the exception of the city, the woods in Manatee county are great. My favorite place in northern florida is along the panhandle, in Destin Florida (im not sure which county that is in but), there are some serious rednecks in the country up there though so the shroooming could be tretcherous

:smile: Well it seems as if i have eaten a Pesa-shroom for breakfast and it effects are begining to ease my mind and heal my soul.

Quote:

Not every field will have mushrooms in it.

-That is because the mushrooms are somewhat paticular with the places they grow, not because of the field itself, it's not like some fields are 'doomed' to not have shrooms in it, it's just that the shrooms are particular about where they grow. I know of fields where practically the entire pasture is barren of shrooms, but in certain nooks and crannies there are 'hot spots' and shrooms growing, and also 'cold spots'. So you really have to feel a field out, and then you begin to recognize the natural places that the shrooms will flourish, and also the natural place that they will not flourish.

It is interesting to go into cow-pastures with a lot of people as a group. Because then (with more people) you can actually 'find the trail' of the shrooms, follow the path which the mushrooms grow. When somebody finds a nice patch of cubes they can sorta holler to everyone else, and then those people tend to go towards where others are scoring shrooms. It's like following the path of the Golden Teacher, it really is as if a mushroom spirit had been walking through the woods and then the shrooms had grown where the spirit had been.

:oogle:My breakfast was a very satisfying one this morning :eyemouth:

Keep shroomin,
GG

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2353802 - 02/19/04 06:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey gg? i found 8 cubes one day and then i went back to the same field the next day and found three more-do you think when the season comes that this would be a good producing field?

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: doc34]
    #2354474 - 02/19/04 11:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i found 8 cubes one day and then i went back to the same field the next day and found three more-do you think when the season comes that this would be a good producing field?

Most definately. You have yourself a shroom-field.

Bee careful out there, (i/e don't get busted.)

Keep shroomin,
GG

Offlinedoc34
Fungitarian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Myceliaville !!!
Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2358121 - 02/20/04 04:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thanks gg again

--------------------

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Best Florida Counties? [Re: doc34]
    #2359290 - 02/20/04 12:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

lol i love it how people bash others for giveing advice...not terrable advice at that. i think that looking for shrooms with a lack of direction is a one way ticket to a possession carge (probably just tresspassing) and am totally against people just randomly picking a feild....thats why i dont go picking, one pissed off farmer and you could be picking buck shot out of your @$$ but the fact of the matter is if you find a feild with good tree coverage (cows like shade in fla) you are more likely to find shrooms.....i did not say GOING TO FIND SHROOMS LIKE SOME OF YOU THINK...be safe and remember to flick the caps of the fully open ones....dont take more than you need....and go with a buddy or 2...going by your self is dumb.  the feild i found shrooms in is now a freakin lowes...go figure (drove by it yesterday).. be safe and if you can get permission frome someone..

--------------------
work of fiction

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom