Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblejavacap
hazelnut

microdose
    #2345272 - 02/17/04 12:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

many researchers have claimed that there are cognitive benefits to taking micro-threshold doses of hallucinogens. you don't "trip" but supposedly you can do better on tests (including math) and creative projects.

has anyone heard of such claims about psilocybin?

--------------------
Magic Theater Not For Everyone
-Steppenwolf

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinereaderror
PurpleHaze

Re: microdose [Re: javacap]
    #2345457 - 02/17/04 01:36 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Indians used to take very small doses to aid in hunting because it magnified there visual and auditory senses, thats all I have heard about it.

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2345537 - 02/17/04 02:10 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I did this for my social psychology class a few days ago. I had taken 2g's on sunday, and felt a little burnt monday from the pot on sunday. So I took less than 1g of cracker dry cubensis. I swallowed broken pieces of the mushrooms so the absorbtion would be slow and sustained, a few hours before my test. No body high, but walking to class (night) lights were a lot more vivid and bright. I finished my test in 35 mins (75 mult. choice) and was probably the 5th person done out of a class of ~200. The mushrooms gave me mental energy, before I was pretty tired. The only flaw was on the test when the same sentence was written 4 times with the last word changed, the 'pattern' made my head spin a little; also, filling in those Scantron bubbles was slightly more difficult. On my way back from the class I could still see the visual effects from the lights, and I was in an extra good mood. I find out how I did at the end of this week.

Invisiblejavacap
hazelnut

Re: microdose [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2345689 - 02/17/04 02:47 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

readerror that is very interesting. I wonder how little the dosage was.

Auroric, very interesting, but 1g is a much bigger dose than what I had in mind, although you say your performance was enhanced. I'm thinking of a dosage in the range of 50 to 150 milligrams(1/20g to 3/20g). is anyone experienced with these dosage levels?

--------------------
Magic Theater Not For Everyone
-Steppenwolf

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #2345964 - 02/17/04 03:43 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i took .3 grams of dry cubensis once, it was pretty old, it was just laying around so the potency was probably a little degraded, but anyways...

i took it, but then suddenly, it became necissary for me to drive 2 hours away and back.
i started to come up on the toll way, it was quite intense for the dose that i ate. but the effects were un-noticable after about 2 hours.

if you try this dose i would recomend starting with .15 grams.

btw i know what i did was reclkess, but it was imperitive that i drive.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2346130 - 02/17/04 04:40 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i remember seeing pictures of a spider spinning webs while on lsd. On a low dose, the webs were actually better than they normally are. They were much more symmetrical and organized. But then at higher doses they were waaaaay worse than normal.

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

#2346178 - 02/17/04 04:50 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

The indigenous tribes knew the deal. We should try to be more like them. But where to hunt deer in central park... ?
Skip sometimes sips tea he made with 2gms in 2 cups water and lemon. A cup can really shift your perception on the day......... Helps him be more creative at work.......

--------------------
Be in truth and watch the magic happen.
SBP TEK

~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: microdose [Re: NewSpore]
    #2346320 - 02/17/04 05:22 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NewSpore said:
But where to hunt deer in central park... ?

Ha, come to New Jersey. Sometimes I think there are more deer than people here...Depends on what county you're in though.

The 1g is high, but I had a little tolerance from tripping the previous day, and the potency was kinda low. Microdoses would be more useful in activities where creativity is needed; taking a test is kinda dry. If anyone wants to try it, I would reccommend absorbing the psilocin very slowly, ie eating small pieces over an hour or two.

--------------------

~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: microdose [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2346331 - 02/17/04 05:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.missblackwidow.com/drugs.html
That's not the specific website you were talking about, but it's similar. I remember the one you're talking about, but I forgot to bookmark that one.

--------------------

OfflineNewSpore
Just Starting toSee the Light

Re: microdose [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2346338 - 02/17/04 05:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yes NJ ahhhh a friend lives 287 and ringwood area soooooo many deer..
AFA... the dosage Skip is going to start processing the alkoloids form the mush mediumr. So he wonders what do you do with pure cyrstal? Small amounts..

--------------------
Be in truth and watch the magic happen.
SBP TEK

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2347033 - 02/17/04 07:54 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

i believe it javacap...small doses that don't exactly "trip" you out have very good benefits to them. the creative side may be stimulated by low doses.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience