Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
The Supernatural
    #2343745 - 02/16/04 10:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just want to know what the general belief of ghosts and other things like that around these parts...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: The Supernatural [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2343772 - 02/16/04 10:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Personaly, I believe that ghosts need to chose a shoe that leaves atleast a half inch of toe room or else they will be permanently crippled.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
Re: The Supernatural [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2343853 - 02/16/04 10:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I think they exist. I think that our soul (energy) acts somewhat like a record. Throughout our lives, or multiple lives, whatever the case may be, certain things are engraved on our soul and we carry that with us after we die. Our energy doesn't die. It continues to something else, perhaps we linger somewhere until it is our time to be reborn again, or we enter another dimension. Maybe ghosts are the souls / energy of people who once lived, who somehow managed to enter into our dimension while in the process of preparing to be reborn.

Something we can never be sure of until we get there.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: The Supernatural [Re: sykobish]
    #2343905 - 02/16/04 11:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I smell skeptics prowling around your post.

I agree with you. I think that there are things that we cannot know, and yes, we can only guess, but things I have read on this subject make sense to me.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

Re: The Supernatural [Re: Frog]
    #2343933 - 02/16/04 11:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

haha So that's what that smell was. :wink: That's alright.  I expect it.  We're all different and have different opinions.

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Global Living Space

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2343985 - 02/16/04 11:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Dang! And I showered and powdered and everything before posting. *sniff*  :crying:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2343995 - 02/16/04 11:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

But sometimes it's how it's said...

But back to ghosts...I have never seen a ghost, except maybe once.

I was at home, in the backyard, while my then-husband was inside the house. I was doing something on the patio, and I looked over and saw a guy, about the same body-type as my ex, walking around the corner of the house toward the gate, and I thought it was my ex.

But simultaneously, I glanced up and saw my ex just on the other side of the glass door. I sort of shrieked and he ran out and I pointed in the direction that the guy had just gone.

He ran around the corner of the house and out onto the street, and there was no one there. The guy couldn't have gotten away that fast. Besides, he was running around the corner of the house, when I saw him.

It could have been a ghost. It could have been a hallucination. It could have been a real guy, walking around the corner. But it was eerie.

I don't think I believe in a "heaven" per se, as I did when I was a child, but I believe there is a place where "heaven" exists, where our spirits go. Maybe it could be a different dimension. So it could be that if it is just a different dimension, perhaps at times we have insight into that dimension, and can see what we would call a "ghost".

NO I HAVE NO PROOF except for things I have read in the bible, things written by Cayce and some others, and things I have noticed, "patterns" if you will.

I am still in the process of figuring all this out, and I am comfortable with where my education is taking me.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2344022 - 02/16/04 11:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I HAVE NO PROOF

Your honor, I have no evidence to support my case, but I just "know" my client is right.  :eyemouth:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: The Supernatural [Re: Swami]
    #2344039 - 02/16/04 11:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There isn't proof for everything, but it doesn't make those things for which there is no proof "less real".

And in court, when you have no evidence, you can use circumstantial evidence to prove your case, and murderers have been convicted with such evidence.  :grin:

Sometimes it's just gut instinct.  Maybe some of us are able to see or think differently, even without shrooms.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2344075 - 02/16/04 11:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have posted hundreds of psychcological studies on hunches, feelings, psychics, astrology here on these boards where people were sure that they were right and were dead wrong. Feelings are a very unreliable means of determining any truth whatsoever. Racism, sexism and homophobia are all "feeling-based".

All of Bundy's vicitms thought he was a handsome, sincere and trustworthy man.

Vegas was built on hunches.

The list is endless.

See my sig...

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#2344097 - 02/16/04 11:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I agree completely. But sometimes things can't be explained. Sometimes the only thing we have to go on is our feelings.

Do you love your mother? Your father? Someone close to you?

How do you know? Explain.

Love is a feeling. Prove that you love your mother / father / someone close to you.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2344103 - 02/16/04 11:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Why should I prove something that I never claimed? Is that logical?

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2344107 - 02/16/04 11:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you should change your sig to read:

THINKING WHICH CONFORMS TO THE RIGIDLY EMPIRICAL IDEOLOGY THAT I EMBRACE ALLOWED!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Supernatural [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2344117 - 02/16/04 11:52 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

For the thousandth time, explain how adopting someone else's belief for which their is no evidence, can even remotely be called "thinking".

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2344125 - 02/16/04 11:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I have posted hundreds of psychcological studies on hunches, feelings, psychics, astrology here on these boards where people were sure that they were right and were dead wrong. Feelings are a very unreliable means of determining any truth whatsoever. Racism, sexism and homophobia are all "feeling-based".

All of Bundy's vicitms thought he was a handsome, sincere and trustworthy man.

Vegas was built on hunches.

The list is endless.

See my sig...

But do you see what you're doing, again???  Your taking the worst of society and comparing that to having a belief in the supernatural, in spirits, in an after-life.  So therefore, by association, people who believe in an after-life must be wrong because people were wrong about Bundy!  :rolleyes:

--------------------

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#2344127 - 02/16/04 11:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Why should I prove something that I never claimed? Is that logical?

There's no one or nothing in this world that you love or have loved? What about something you like? Or don't like.. or hate.. etc.

Anything you have felt any sort of feeling for, prove to me that it's the feeling you felt or feel. Convince me that you feel. What solid proof do you have that you are even capable of feeling any emotion towards anything?

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2344136 - 02/16/04 11:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well, if their neurons are firing then they are thinking...  :tongue:

seriously though, why do you assume that everyone who believes in the supernatural got that belief second hand?  Many beliefs I hold dear have come from lots of thought and introspection.  Some of these things I later found had already been thought of by other people.  The other ones I'm keeping to myself :wink:

Offlinesykobish
 User Gallery

#2344139 - 02/16/04 11:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
For the thousandth time, explain how adopting someone else's belief for which their is no evidence, can even remotely be called "thinking".

I'm not asking you to adopt my beliefs. I'm just asking you, using your own suggestion of solid evidence in order to prove something, to explain to me how you know that you have emotion towards something or someone.

--------------------
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
Global Living Space

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2344147 - 02/17/04 12:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
well, if their neurons are firing then they are thinking...  :tongue:

seriously though, why do you assume that everyone who believes in the supernatural got that belief second hand?  Many beliefs I hold dear have come from lots of thought and introspection.  Some of these things I later found had already been thought of by other people.  The other ones I'm keeping to myself :wink:

Ditto.  :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2344150 - 02/17/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

seriously though, why do you assume that everyone who believes in the supernatural got that belief second hand?

You must be joking, right? How many here have been to Atlantis, Sirius, ancient Maya or Egypt, the "other side" and on and on it goes with second-hand beliefs...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom