Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinechesirepyschosis
Stranger
first time shroomer
    #2343858 - 02/17/04 12:56 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

hello guys, this is my first post and even first time viewing the board. i have looked around for some information on these questions, but none of them seem to fit. i have never done mushrooms, and actually never done a psychedelic drug, unless of course you include marijuana in that category. anyway, i havea few question before ingesting. First of all, how much should i eat the first time? i am a 195 lb male. i am considering an ingestion method i heard on eroqid.com where you blend the shrooms and orange juice into a blender, because the thought of tasting those mushrooms makes me sick. i am on a medicine known as risperdal, an antipsychotic, and i am wondering if that will pose a problem with my consumption, due to the nature of the problem the medicine attempts to fix. anyway, i plan to take a day off work, no one will be home (parents finding out = bad news bears. i am wondering if i should ask a friend to come over to watch over me, and make sure nothing happens. i only want to do this if you guys think it is entirely necessary, since all my friends who are close enough to me attend school. i want to listen to some ambient music or one of those sleep-aid machines, you know, the ones that play all the sounds that are supposed to relax you. if you suggest music, what would be best? i have a video that i bought at the peak of my marijuana usage that is called "transambient voyage" or something like that. its basically just a bunch of video set to the beat of some music. would i be a good idea to watch that? also, how scared should i be of having a bad trip? i was hoping to be able to obtain some xanax incase this happens, but that doesnt seem possible since my rehab officials wont allow me to be prescribed any addictive medicine during my treatment (see, rehab DOES work  :smile2:). if i wake up, say, 9 oclock, and take the shrooms then, will i be able to act as though i am not high at like 4 oclock the same day? this may be a stupid question, but ive heard the trip can last for quite a while, and i would probably be disowned if i was caught using mushrooms, so i dont want to take any chances.really the most important question, and i will mention again is how many grams should i eat? i will be acquiring 3.5 grams (1/8th) soon, and this will be my first time into the hallucinogenic world, so i dont want to have a too balls-to-the-walls trip, but i want a nice psychadelic experience. how much nausea should i expect? and is the potentcy significantly reduced if i blend them together with orange juice in a blender, rather than just chew them? i really appreciate your help, and i apologize if my questions were stupid or they were available elsewhere and i failed to locate them. thank you in advance AIM SN: Chesirepsychosis Email: [Email]gonefishin4285@yahoo.com.[/Email] i would really like if you could contact me through one of these, preferably aim but if not ill just check back. thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: first time shroomer [Re: chesirepyschosis]
    #2344429 - 02/17/04 03:52 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

1-For the first time 2 or 2.5 gr, dried would be ok.

2-i don't know the answer about your medical problem,i prefer chewwing them.

3-a sitter would be cool for your first time as long as she/he don't disturb you

4-yeah,ambient is very nice.brian eno's ambient 1/2/3/4 would be ok,if we're talking about real ambient or maybe steve roach

5-i prefer not to watch anything,bad trip possibility is very low imo.cuz you'll be having light dose

--------------------
lucidal expansion

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#2344440 - 02/17/04 04:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

first time is the best time, so enjoy 2-3 grams of shrooms with friends in nature, and after the experience settles down smoke some good herb :laugh:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinealphaone
Big Detail
Male
    #2344673 - 02/17/04 08:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"i am on a medicine known as risperdal, an antipsychotic, and i am wondering if that will pose a problem with my consumption, due to the nature of the problem the medicine attempts to fix. "

The exact way psilocybin works on the brain is not known, but it's probably due to the fact it is similar in its structure to the brain neurotransmiter serotonin. Since the medicine you're taking also affects serotonin.. If I were you I probably wouldn't take both the medication and mushrooms at the same time, as they may have some contraindications. I would discontinue the medication for as long as it takes to clear from the body, and then try the mushrooms.. of course, only if temporary discontinuation of medication is possible for you. Psilocybin will generally open your true self to your ego and mind, and in that new light you'll probably see the true nature of your problem or whatever is bothering you. If you feel too unstable then it's probably not wise to take mushrooms at this time. This is just my 2 cents of course... ask someone more experienced for expert advice.

I would take a stronger dose for the first trip. About 2 grams dried mushrooms or so. My first trip was on 15 grams fresh Psilocybe Mexicana (Truffles) and it was truly amazing. It would have been a waste of time and probably end with disappontment if I had taken any smaller dose than that.

Edited by alphaone (02/17/04 08:46 AM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience