Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Loc: Georgia Flag
Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* * 2
    #23433934 - 07/12/16 02:50 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Hello my kind fellow shroom dosing friends. I hope everyone had a safe 4th of July.
Yeah I know it was a few weekends ago, just haven't been on because I've been recovering from my motorcycle crash. ☹️

The good news:
1) I walked away!
2) Spine, neck, and head are ok!
3) All limbs and digits work!
4) I only busted up the front left fairings, dented the fuel tank, and bent the left frame slider. The bike is ok! It only slid on left side. Did not flip over end to end.
5) I GOT OXY!
6) I got it alllll on vid.
7) My boss was cool enough to cut me some slack by giving me a few days off.
8) I have a spare motorcycle.

The bad news:
1) I broke my collarbone!
2) The OXY prescription has no refills!!!!
3) I'm constipated.
4) I can't get any weed.
5) I had to hear the I told you so's from all the pusswads who are scared of motorcycles and never rode one. 
6) I made a noob mistake and pussed out on a turn, locked both brakes and tipped over hard left.
7) I'm down for 6 weeks.
8) I'm going to ride my bikes like mopeds until all the noobness in me is gone. Even if it takes years.
Vid, My nigs.

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Macey Howard] * 1
    #23433993 - 07/12/16 03:46 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Macey Howard said:
8) I'm going to ride my bikes like mopeds until all the noobness in me is gone. Even if it takes years.

As a fellow biker with 8 years daily riding experience can I suggest that you don't do this one? I've had my share of offs; last one was a lowside as yours when I went too hard on the anchors cause a cab driver pulled out on me. Thankfully, I avoided hitting him, cause that would've really hurt.

Thing is, if you get on a moped you're gonna be learning nothing. Learning to ride a bike is a lifelong mission; you never stop learning. Well, unless you decide to stop riding one, or start riding a moped.

Best thing is to take a course when you're healed to boost your confidence. I've done a few safety courses with the police riders here (those guys are fucking good) cause they were pretty cheap, but I really wanna do California Superbike School or one of the similar track based ones. They're pretty pricey though.

I'm glad you only broke one bone. My first off broke my foot in three places and put me on crutches for a month. That was a fucking PITA. Heal quick, and get back on that bike as soon as you can!

You're gonna be a better rider for this experience whether you like it or not.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Macey Howard]
    #23434003 - 07/12/16 04:03 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

5) I had to hear the I told you so's from all the pusswads who are scared of motorcycles and never rode one.

My father-in-law was killed on his bike about 2 years ago. Some dick was heading the opposite direction in the middle turning lane, accidentally swerved a couple feet into the other lane, and took him out head on. Doesnt matter how good and careful you are..accidents arent in your control

Stay safe :cheers:

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: I_was_the_walrus] * 1
    #23434012 - 07/12/16 04:16 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I've told all my nearest and dearest that if I happen to lose my life riding my bikes to please know that if it happens, then I went out the way I most want to leave this life; in the midst of passion.

We're all gonna die one day, and I figure if I'm lucky enough to die doing one of the things I love most in this world (the only way I would prefer to go out would be in the midst of sexual intercourse) then I'm a lucky man.

Not to in any way disrespect your loss, just sharing an opinion that perhaps a lot of people don't understand.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Jokeshopbeard] * 2
    #23434054 - 07/12/16 05:09 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guys.  After I wrecked, I sat up, looked at my bike and said out loud.. Never riding again. I'm selling both bikes and going back to growing... 
After I got up and walked around... My mind changed. 
The same day I left the hospital, i was sad because the day was perfect and I couldn't ride.. So I put together my motovlog.

Riding is freedom!
I'm doing just what jokes said.. I'm taking a few safety courses..

Walrus, sorry about your loss. Other people driving tanks can really do a number on you, especially while texting and driving. I've even seen cops do it..  Oooooo I should do a vlog on cops texting while driving their patrol  cars. I see it daily as I pass by 3 police stations on the way to work.

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflineStill_tripping
Lord yes!

Loc: A small hot country
Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Macey Howard] * 1
    #23434125 - 07/12/16 06:17 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

My best crash was on a beach as I tried to impress a hot chick by standing on the pegs and jumping the small dunes, until my front wheel dug in and I found out why they make sandpaper from beach sand.

She walked away laughing.

Good to see no serious injuries. Get rid of that crotch rocket and get a real bike.

--------------------

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Macey Howard]
    #23434148 - 07/12/16 06:31 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Nice to hear youre still walkin around and such Macey. I rode for a long time and gave it up after a family intervention [we live in OC where people drive like maniacs, so its warranted]. I think about it often though, and am glad you can still have fun. If it was just me, I would be riding, but got a kid on the way and yeah, riding again is years off. ANYWAYS - I am stoked you got to record this accident, gopro cams are the shit so kudos for being that rider who has one. I saw three things here:

1. I dont know how you can ride and talk - I personally could only do one. Any distractions cause me to lose focus on what I am immediately doing. Some people are really good at doubletasking and can type/talk at the same time - not me. On a bike fucking forget about it, when I ride I am full on stay on two wheels mode. Maybe in a straight line with perfect conditions, but yeah thats the first thing I thought watching this vid.

2. you were blinded. I tried getting a good look at that helmet and visor at the end but still couldnt make out much. Is it a snap on, and if so, do you feel you were wearing an appropriate visor/glasses for the riding condition? For sure that light was brutal, it sucks not being able to see and my first instinct in such a situation would be to assess traffic, straighten up and slow down. In a curve blinded youre kind of nixed and at the mercy of the big dude.

3. the curve. didnt look like you were taking it too fast, though in an unpredictable light situation maybe you were. makes me wonder what you would change for yourself in a repeat scenario. You say you used the brakes at the wrong place/time, yeah maybe looks like you grabbed them too hard at an angle causing the lowside. But I think you entered the curve too fast in an unpredictable situation. 999/1000 times rolling the dice works out if you dont brake, but the other one time you finally can see again and there is a pothole, oilslick, deer, or broken down vehicle waiting right around the corner, causing a much more potentially dangerous situation.

My take on it all - I would have slowed before taking any corners in a poor lighting situation. If the light blinded me all the way though, hopefully I would have assessed traffic behind me, and while going slow enough I could angle up and roll to a stop in my own lane, then immediately get off the road to get my vision back and plan the rest of the ride. Great video, thank you for sharing. Heal up quickly and get back out there. Also dont feel too noobish - I took an unnecessary highside spill in Ojai once, way up in the canyons. Am lucky to be alive - if there had been a car coming the other way this account would say 'last seen 2010', haha.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Edited by ManianFH (07/12/16 06:42 AM)

OfflineMacey Howard
Formally MOE HOWARD
Female

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: ManianFH]
    #23435712 - 07/12/16 06:24 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

mick said:
Nice to hear youre still walkin around and such Macey. I rode for a long time and gave it up after a family intervention [we live in OC where people drive like maniacs, so its warranted]. I think about it often though, and am glad you can still have fun. If it was just me, I would be riding, but got a kid on the way and yeah, riding again is years off. ANYWAYS - I am stoked you got to record this accident, gopro cams are the shit so kudos for being that rider who has one. I saw three things here:

1. I dont know how you can ride and talk - I personally could only do one. Any distractions cause me to lose focus on what I am immediately doing. Some people are really good at doubletasking and can type/talk at the same time - not me. On a bike fucking forget about it, when I ride I am full on stay on two wheels mode. Maybe in a straight line with perfect conditions, but yeah thats the first thing I thought watching this vid.

2. you were blinded. I tried getting a good look at that helmet and visor at the end but still couldnt make out much. Is it a snap on, and if so, do you feel you were wearing an appropriate visor/glasses for the riding condition? For sure that light was brutal, it sucks not being able to see and my first instinct in such a situation would be to assess traffic, straighten up and slow down. In a curve blinded youre kind of nixed and at the mercy of the big dude.

3. the curve. didnt look like you were taking it too fast, though in an unpredictable light situation maybe you were. makes me wonder what you would change for yourself in a repeat scenario. You say you used the brakes at the wrong place/time, yeah maybe looks like you grabbed them too hard at an angle causing the lowside. But I think you entered the curve too fast in an unpredictable situation. 999/1000 times rolling the dice works out if you dont brake, but the other one time you finally can see again and there is a pothole, oilslick, deer, or broken down vehicle waiting right around the corner, causing a much more potentially dangerous situation.

My take on it all - I would have slowed before taking any corners in a poor lighting situation. If the light blinded me all the way though, hopefully I would have assessed traffic behind me, and while going slow enough I could angle up and roll to a stop in my own lane, then immediately get off the road to get my vision back and plan the rest of the ride. Great video, thank you for sharing. Heal up quickly and get back out there. Also dont feel too noobish - I took an unnecessary highside spill in Ojai once, way up in the canyons. Am lucky to be alive - if there had been a car coming the other way this account would say 'last seen 2010', haha.

Thanks Mick! It was all in slow motion.. I pretty much pussed out on the turn. 
Slow and steady for me from now on..
Talking and riding, hard on turns, easy on open roads!

--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
    #23435853 - 07/12/16 07:23 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

What hapened OP??? Why did you fall? everything seemed to go perfectly well and then you just wiped out...

--------------------

Invisiblegoop
Male User Gallery

#23435858 - 07/12/16 07:25 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Man do I truly love riding motorcycles. I've only ridden about 4k miles or so but I've already crashed like 3 times, every time without a helmet.

Luckily I walked away unskathed from all the accidents. It's a miracle and absurd because I continue to refuse a helmet. I just don't enjoy riding when i have one on. I also feel that they obstruct my peripheral vision or head dexterity, cause I'm very light weight and the helmet fucks with me.

Feeling the breeze on my head is just too blissful, I don't even care about the risk I take. I'm still alive after all those blissful miles I've thoroughly enjoyed.

--------------------
whats this man saying?

InvisibleModestMouse
IM WALKIN ON SUNSHINE
 User Gallery

Loc: Upstate
Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: goop]
    #23435896 - 07/12/16 07:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Glad you're moving away from your poop themed threads and into new territory

Get well soon

--------------------
Anyone got a lowpass filter in this biiiiash?

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: goop]
    #23435923 - 07/12/16 07:49 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Patlal said:
What hapened OP??? Why did you fall? everything seemed to go perfectly well and then you just wiped out...

She panicked, went too hard on the front brake and washed out (or lowsided). I've done the same myself, only there was a black cab stopped halfway across my lane so I'm glad I did. If I hadn't have slid off to the left of him I would've ended up stoving the bike into his bonnet.

Quote:

goop said:
I've already crashed like 3 times, every time without a helmet.

Mate, I say this with only loving concern, but you're fucking nuts. No way would I ever ride without a helmet. I just flip my visor up if I wanna feel the wind in my face. My second crash when a car T-boned me had me flying through the air 15+ ft and I landed square on my head. I would've likely incurred serious brain damage were it not for the fact I dropped a lot of money on a good lid.

I learned my lesson after my first accident - I clipped my foot on a parked car at ~30mph wearing trainers and split it open like a watermelon - broke it in three places too and was on crutches for a month cause I couldn't put any weight on it. A humbling experience which caused me to then go out and buy proper boots, leathers, gloves, the lot.

I've had two crashes since wearing all that gear and walked away with only bruises and stiffness. I would never ride with anything less than a lid, gloves and boots. Plus, good armour feels great to wear:

I think that was reinforced when the brother of one of my best friends was hit by a car one night and brain damaged. As my friend attended all the stages of physical rehabilitation with him (he's still fucked - as in, needs a constant carer) she told me that most of the people she saw in those places were young men who had been brain damaged in a motorbike accident.

I'd happily die on a bike, but to spend years unable to look after myself due to brain damage? Fuck that. Fuck that more than anything could ever get fucked.

I ride all year round, in all conditions, and have been doing so for 8 years now. I've done near 100,000 miles in that time and have had the same number of crashes as you.

Please rethink that one man. It concerns me how much of a risk you're taking; you seem like a really nice guy and I'd hate to see you lose all ability to look after yourself just because you 'don't care about the risk you take'.

Riding a bike is blissful no matter what, especially when you have a nice one, but is inherently risky. Here's mine in case you haven't seen them before. The Fireblade has been rebuilt twice after each crash:

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #23435992 - 07/12/16 08:14 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I dont understand why people buy these things...

--------------------

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Patlal]
    #23435997 - 07/12/16 08:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Have you ever been out on one? I started riding dirt bikes at 15 and fell in love.

Seriously, there is nothing, short of a fucking great rollercoaster or a skydive that comes close to the rush...

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleCowb0yNeal00
Other

Re: Ahhh, the smell of fresh wrecked motorcycle and broken collarbone in the morning *my motovlog* [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #23436011 - 07/12/16 08:22 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I rod my brothers cb 500 f last night around town it was real fun… my first real ride on the streets with a motorcycle. it twas sick, except I still need get the hang of changing gears. :shrug:

Offlinestarfire_xes
I Am 'They'
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dallas with all the assho...
    #23436049 - 07/12/16 08:36 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Well, if I was you, I would consider it 8 of 9 lives.  You never know what brains look like until you see someone laying on the street whose head was run over by an 18-wheeler after they lost control of their motorcycle.

--------------------
:smug: [/url][/url] 
:smirk: IF THE NEIGHBORS COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE MUSIC'S TOO LOUD, TURN IT UP SO YOU CAN'T HEAR THEM BITCH    :smirk:

OfflineHippocampus
 User Gallery

#23436429 - 07/12/16 10:46 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I understand that collar bone fractures are generally very painful. 

I only went down once and had no injuries.  Where I live it's a far greater risk because of the laws (no lane splitting) and because this area is one of the most accident prone in the country.  Also it rains every day 9 months of the year.  Had to quit riding.  Now that I'm having a baby I'll probably never own a bike again.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #23436544 - 07/12/16 11:37 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Macey Howard said:
3) I'm constipated.

you were in emerson at the beginning of the video werent you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck