Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Ipomoea violacea and native ethnogenic use in North America
    #2343155 - 02/16/04 10:04 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Did North American Natives use Ipomoea violacea seeds in shamanistic/ethnogenic use? Because most parts of North America have Ipomoea violacea growing everywhere. Also was Ipomoea violacea brought over from Europe and invaded? Also did people in early Europe eat Ipomoea violacea seeds? A lot of questions come into play.

On a side note:

Also when I was a young child, I used to eat morning glory seeds and made me feel funny. But I was only 3ish, so my Mother told me to stop doing that when she found me eating them one day.

I only did a couple (4ish) times. I only ate like 35ish seeds one time (that was the highest dose I ever took). I didnt get get any effects. I just thought the seeds tasted good. I would say "Yummmmmy".
I only remembered recently that I did this as a young child.
To recall i might have aten the many (6) times very young.

Then many many many years later I tried other LSA containing seeds (with only mushroom trips under my belt). I loved them like I did as a child.

Its really strange though.
Because the LSA 'trip' brings me to this early child kind of mind set.
With all those strange ideas. I cant describe it. Its like this "theme".

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Ipomoea violacea and native ethnogenic use in North America [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2344837 - 02/17/04 10:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I. violacea (= I. tricolor) were used by indiginous peoples of mesoamerica (& mexico is considered "north" rather than "central" america; but no evidence that it was used by plains indians, or pacific northwest, or eastern woods dwellers)...
(i think the mexican/spanish name is "badoh negro"...)
morning glories, mushrooms, & salvia divinorum were the main three used by the curandera maria sabina of oaxaca...
they were certainly used by natives at the time of the conquest (according to documents written by spanish priests in the early 1500s), and probably for centuries (or millenia) prior to the coming of the conquistidors...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Ipomoea violacea and native ethnogenic use in North America [Re: gnrm23]
    #2346070 - 02/17/04 04:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

HOWEVER, MARIA SABINA NEVER USED ANY MORNING GLORY SEEDS IN AM NY OF HER CEREMONIES.

THE BOTTOM PARAGRAPH IS EXCERPTED FROM MUSHROOM PiONEERS BY J. W. ALLEN.

Quote:

Another popular plant, a perennial, is the morning glory Rivea corymbosa, whose seeds contain lysergic acid amides. Also known as ololiuhqui. In Oaxaca, Mazatec shamans refer to the seeds as "Semillas de la Virgen" (seeds of the Virgin). 50 to 300 ground seeds are soaked in cold water for 1 to 3 days and the filtered liquid is consumed in the evening. However, Mar?a Sabina had never used these seeds in any of her ceremonies.

mj

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Ipomoea violacea and native ethnogenic use in North America [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2346505 - 02/17/04 06:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't 50-300 a little high for Rivea corymbosa? I was under the impression it was way more potent than that like in the range of 8-18...that sounds more like the dosage for Ipomea violacea to me except maybe a little low...

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden