Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Offlinebass head
Oh... Nice.
Male

Loc: North American Union
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: lifeiswhatyoumake] * 1
    #23433200 - 07/11/16 08:40 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

they're not racist if they're attempting to end racism.  if they're highlighting a specific race then that would be preferential treatment, not racism.  i haven't read this thread, i'm just responding to the title.  not to make a direct comparison, but if someone said that the civil rights movements of the 60s were racist, i would have the same type of reaction.

--------------------
Steal your bass right off your head.  :stoner:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Shroomism]
    #23433468 - 07/11/16 10:03 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Cops kill lots of people unjustified.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: 404] * 1
    #23433766 - 07/11/16 11:48 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

and then I stumbled upon this

which leads me to ask, is canada really so bad that they need a BLM movement?

can someone push to prosecute this bitch under the hate speech laws?

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23433791 - 07/12/16 12:09 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

to my knowledge Canada is not that bad, I mean point me to an example of systemic racism against blacks and I'll concede, but I've yet to see any, despite being surrounded by mostly left-leaning folks.

what the blm folks did at the pride parade was imo completely unwarranted and not ok

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Loc: In the moment
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Ezuma]
    #23433819 - 07/12/16 12:29 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Certain types of people are just prone to aggression

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

“Everybody is ‘you’. Everybody is ‘I’. That’s our name. We all share that.”

- Alan Watts

"Cosmic apotheosis wears off quicker than Salvia"

- Rick Sanchez (voice of Justin Roiland)

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Plain] * 1
    #23433821 - 07/12/16 12:32 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Plain said:
Certain types of people are just prone to aggression

is 'certain types' meant to imply a specific category or are you saying that generally?

certainly someone who makes comments like that should really not be in the business of protesting unethical behavior imo. She doesn't like it in Canada the bitch can go back to whatever sun baked hellhole her forefathers came from. See what kind of 'rights' she has then.

Offlineendogenous
נפל מגיהינום
 User Gallery

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Shroomism]
    #23433888 - 07/12/16 02:00 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
They also account for 40% of the murders in the US. They forgot that part.

And 90% of that was black on black.

--------------------
The Day of the Lord has come like a thief in the night. -- It is there but no one knows it.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: 404]
    #23433925 - 07/12/16 02:41 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

404 said:
If these statistics are true:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-08/breakdown-us-citizens-killed-cops-2016

The original source is The Washington Post... Can anyone speak for the validity of these statistics?

Blacks are about 10% of the population, I think? Take that into consideration when you look at that chart. The rate at which they are killed by police is massively disproportionate to their population size.

What most strikes me as odd about that chart is how rarely Latinos are killed by police, considering what a large demographic they are. Whites seem to be killed slightly less often than would be predicted from their numbers alone, but Latinos much less so. AFAIK there are definitely way more Latinos in America than blacks.

Also, did you notice Asians aren't even on the chart? :loldongs:

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Free sVs!
Female

#23434015 - 07/12/16 04:19 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

I'd think they need something like a "First Nations Matter" movement. FNM. Not that it was my idea, I'm a white devil :cookiemonster:

Quote:

:no:

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #23434020 - 07/12/16 04:24 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
Quote:

404 said:
If these statistics are true:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-07-08/breakdown-us-citizens-killed-cops-2016

The original source is The Washington Post... Can anyone speak for the validity of these statistics?

Blacks are about 10% of the population, I think? Take that into consideration when you look at that chart. The rate at which they are killed by police is massively disproportionate to their population size.

What most strikes me as odd about that chart is how rarely Latinos are killed by police, considering what a large demographic they are. Whites seem to be killed slightly less often than would be predicted from their numbers alone, but Latinos much less so. AFAIK there are definitely way more Latinos in America than blacks.

Also, did you notice Asians aren't even on the chart? :loldongs:

Quote:

5. Blacks are more likely to kill cops than be killed by cops. This is according to FBI data, which also found that 40 percent of cop killers are black. According to MacDonald, the police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black than a cop killing an unarmed black person.

Despite the facts, the anti-police rhetoric of Black Lives Matter and their leftist sympathizers have resulted in what MacDonald calls the "Ferguson Effect," as murders have spiked by 17 percent among the 50 biggest cities in the U.S. as a result of cops being more reluctant to police neighborhoods out of fear of being labeled as racists. Additionally, there have been over twice as many cops victimized by fatal shootings in the first three months of 2016.

Anti-police rhetoric has deadly consequences.

Blacks make up 13% btw

And

Maybe this is why its disproportionate

--------------------
"You are not IN the universe, you ARE the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle."

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Free sVs!
Female

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Plain]
    #23434027 - 07/12/16 04:34 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

So you think demographic studies make it more justified to kill members of a certain group of people, regardless to anything they actually do and regardless to whether they pose an actual threat to police or the public.

I'm not going to sugarcoat this for you. That shit's racist, dude. You seem like a nice person but the views you are defending are racist as fuck.

racist racist racist

deal with it.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 3
    #23434040 - 07/12/16 04:49 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Im just stating facts

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
So you think demographic studies make it more justified to kill members of a certain group of people, regardless to anything they actually do and regardless to whether they pose an actual threat to police or the public.

Where did i say that?
Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:

I'm not going to sugarcoat this for you. That shit's racist, dude. You seem like a nice person but the views you are defending are racist as fuck.

racist racist racist

deal with it.

Im not defending views im posting stats and you dont want to look at the facts.

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Edited by Plain (07/12/16 04:52 AM)

Free sVs!
Female

#23434051 - 07/12/16 05:08 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

i) black people are afraid of cops because black people are still alive who remember de facto segregation

ii) cops are afraid of black people because black people are afraid of cops

iii) cops fail their duty to protect and serve the public because they feel too entitled to their status to take responsibility

Can't you see how the onus is on the police to change their behavior? Black people didn't choose their history. It was forced on them.

But every policeman made a conscious choice to take up their duty, to protect and serve the public without discrimination. The job is risky. They knew that. And they still chose their job. And they are failing to take responsibility for that choice. If they can't do their job without killing tons of black people, they should be fired. Period.

The sense of entitlement behind #bluelivesmatter, this idea that policemen should be protected as if they were a marginalized class, as if they are victims of their chosen profession, is just mindboggling to me. Police are public servants. That public includes black people. They need to take every possible measure to stop killing the people they have chosen to protect and serve, and they need to accept whatever risk that entails. It's their fucking job. If they don't like it, that's their problem to deal with, preferably at the unemployment office.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (07/12/16 05:28 AM)

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #23434076 - 07/12/16 05:31 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
i) black people are afraid of cops because black people are still alive who remember de facto segregation

I can accept that
Quote:

ii) cops are afraid of black people because black people are afraid of cops

I ask you to read my statistic again please.

Quote:

iii) cops fail their duty to protect and serve the public because they feel too entitled to their status to take responsibility

They fail because no matter how much people believe they should be held at a higher standard than the average human (and i agree) they are still human and are capable of fear, anger, and racism.

Quote:

Can't you see how the onus is on the police to change their behavior? Black people didn't choose their history. It was forced on them.

But every policeman made a conscious choice to take up their duty, to protect and serve the public without discrimination. The job is risky. They knew that. And they still chose their job. And they are failing to take responsibility for that choice. If they can't do their job without killing tons of black people, they should be fired. Period.

The sense of entitlement behind #bluelivesmatter, this idea that policemen should be protected as if they were a marginalized class, as if they are victims of their own profession, is just mindboggling to me. Police are public servants. That public includes black people. Cops need to be reminded of their place in society.

I do believe there is many problems in the policing system. I just personally dont think focusing on one race is going to solve anything. Especially when people are making false claims left and right with nothing to back it up other than their emotions and what they saw on tv.

I do think it was a good thing that black people brought this issue to light but some are getting out of hand with it...

Crime rates among blacks and other factors are attributing to the problem. We cannot act like this is all one sided, nothing will get done. Compromise is the answer and that is only possible of everyone works together.

Just look at statistics is all im suggesting and come at this issue with a little more logoc and a little less emotion

Not trying to undermind you but do you believe all police are racist torwards blacka regardless of race or are there any specific races you are focused on?

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

#23434079 - 07/12/16 05:34 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/156457391-story

The victim was 15 i believe the news just said

I live near detroit and these stories are not that uncommon....

Please dont miss my point im trying to make im just saying that there is a culture problem not a race problem

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Free sVs!
Female

#23434090 - 07/12/16 05:43 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Your position is the emotional one. You are arguing that police should treat the people they are duty-bound to serve unequally because of their feelings about some demographic studies. I, for one, believe that cops should behave rationally in the service of their duty to the public.

I agree that the terrorization of black communities by the police isn't the only problem with the police, by a long shot. But I would say that racial profiling by the police is the most urgently pressing issue. No other community is so suffocated by the American police state. It seems like a good enough place to get started. If cops are forced to stop disproportionately targeting black people for violence and incarceration, the drug war will already be over.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineStill_tripping
Lord yes!

Loc: A small hot country
    #23434101 - 07/12/16 05:54 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:

With an attitude like that she will soon be made Minister of Race Relations.

--------------------

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 2
    #23434104 - 07/12/16 05:56 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:
Your position is the emotional one. You are arguing that police should treat the people they are duty-bound to serve unequally because of their feelings about some demographic studies. I, for one, believe that cops should behave rationally in the service of their duty to the public.

Where did i say that, im starting to think you dont even read what i post. Makes responding to you feel like chasing my tail.

Quote:

I agree that the terrorization of black communities by the police isn't the only problem with the police, by a long shot. But I would say that racial profiling by the police is the most urgently pressing issue. No other community is so suffocated by the American police state. It seems like a good enough place to get started. If cops are forced to stop disproportionately targeting black people for violence and incarceration, the drug war will already be over.

I thought in black communities when the cops are called they never show?

Now its they are terrorizing their communities?

Which is it?

Also you said the cops kill a ton of black people but a ton is 2000 and the statistic posted earlier stats only 123 blacks were killed by police hardly seems like a "ton"

Thats what i mean by emotional you exagerate the truth, i just hope you dont expect people to take you seriously.

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Free sVs!
Female

#23434105 - 07/12/16 06:01 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

You keep defending police for the disproportionate violence and incarceration to which they subject blacks in this country.

What am I to make of that? I am of the position that if the police don't have the moral courage to do their job, they shouldn't be police in the first place. Is that unreasonable?

And for somebody who is so in love with statistics, you sure love to ignore the statistics about the vastly disproportionate killing and incarceration of black people by the police. It's possible I was wrong to assume you were a nice person.

--------------------
Enlil said:

InvisiblePlain
You are the universe
Male User Gallery

Re: #Blacklivesmatter is more racist than I thought [Re: Sophistic Radiance] * 1
    #23434111 - 07/12/16 06:08 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Are you reading my posts at all?

Post those statistics here i will give them a look i promise

--------------------

- Eckhart Tolle

- Alan Watts

Edited by Plain (07/12/16 06:09 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom