Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Aldous Huxley, Jimi Hendrix, Scales, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Thread of quotes
    #2341712 - 02/16/04 04:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"As soon as people realize that everything that they need to know is right in there [points toward head], and the more you listen to the voices outside your head, the farther you are from understanding who you really are, where you come from, and where you're going." -Maynard James Keenan

There is great artistry in this. Death comes and growls something about how our time has come, and we just say, ?Don?t growl; I?m ready to come on my own.? Then we stand up gracefully, take off the jacket that is the body, hand it over carefully, and go home."
-Eknath Easwaran

A Man who is wise with words and not actions is not a wise man at all, but a fool.

Neo-human guy: If you're looking at the highlights of human development, you have to look at the evolution of the organism, and then add the development of the interaction with its environment. Evolution of the organism will begin with the evolution of life, proceeding through the hominid, coming to the evolution of mankind: neanderthal, cro-magnon man. Now, interestingly, what you're looking at here are three strains: biological, anthropological (development of cities, cultures), and cultural (which is human expression). Now, what you've seen here is the evolution of populations, not so much the evolution of individuals. And in addition, if you look at the time-scale that's involved here: two billion years for life, six million years for the hominid, a hundred-thousand years for mankind as we know it, you're beginning to see the telescoping nature of the evolutionary paradigm. And then, when you get to agriculture, when you get to the scientific revolution and the industrial revolution, you're looking at ten thousand years, four hundred years, a hundred and fifty years. You're seeing a further telescoping of this evolutionary time. What that means is that as we go through the new evolution, it's going to telescope to the point that we should see it manifest itself within our lifetimes, within a generation. The new evolution stems from information, and it stems from two types of information: digital and analog. The digital is artificial intelligence; The analog results from molecular biology, the cloning of the organism, and you knit the two together with neurobiology. Before, under the old evolutionary paradigm, one would die and the other would grow and dominate. But, under the new paradigm, they would exist as a mutually supportive, non-competitive grouping independent from the external. Now what is interesting here is that evolution now becomes an individually-centered process eminating from the needs and desires of the individual, and not an external process, a passive process, where the individual is just at the whim of the collective.
So, you produce a neo-human with a new individuality, a new consciousness. But, that's only the beginning of the evolutionary cycle because as the next cycle proceeds, the input is now this new intelligence. As intelligence pods on intelligence, as abilty pods on ability, the speed changes. Until what? Until you reach a crescendo. In a way, it could be imagined as an almost instantaneous fulfillment of human, human and neo-human, potential. It could be something totally different. It could be the amplification of the individual...the multiplication of individual existences, parallel existences, now with the individual no longer restricted by time and space. And the manifestations of this neo-human type evolution could be dramatically counter-intuitive; That's the interesting part. The old evolution is cold, it's sterile, it's efficient. And, it's manifestations are those social adaptations. We're talking about parasitism, dominance, morality, war, predation. These will be subject to de-emphasis. These will be subject to de-evolution. The new evolutionary paradigm will give us the human traits of truth, of loyalty, of justice, of freedom. These will be the manifestations of the new evolution, and that is what we would hope to see from this, that would be nice.

I used to do drugs, but I'll tell you something honestly about drugs, honestly, and I know it's not a very popular idea, you don't hear it very often anymore, but it is the truth- I had a great time doing drugs. Sorry. Never murdered anyone, never robbed anyone, never raped anyone, never beat anyone, never lost a job, a car, a house, a wife or kids, laughed my ass off, and went about my day. Sorry. Now, where's my commercial? Why don't I get a commercial? Why is it always that other guy that gets the commercial? " I knew we were in trouble with that damn egg commercial, that guy. I knew that was the government's take on drugs, we're fucked, you know. "Here's your brain." I've seen a lot of weird shit on drugs, I have never ever ever ever ever looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain, not once, all right? I have seen UFO's split the sky like a sheet, but I have never ever ever looked at an egg and thought it was a fucking brain, not once. I have had seven balls of light come off of a UFO, lead me onto their ship, explain to me telepathically that we are all one and there is no such thing as death, but I have never ever ever ever ever looked at an egg, and thought it was a fucking brain. Now. Maybe I wasn't getting good shit. I admit it, I see that commercial, I feel cheated. Hey, where's the stuff that makes eggs look like brains? That sounds neat. Did I quit too soon? What is that, CIA stash? You see the guy in that commercial, that guy's got a beer gut- "All right, this is it. Look up, man. This is your brain. I ain't doing this again. That's your - " The guy's drunk and doing this fucking commercial. "Here's your brain." That's an egg! That's a frying pan, that's a stove, you're an alcoholic, dude, I'm tripping right now, and I still see that is a fucking egg, all right? How dare you have a wino tell me not to do drugs. (From the audience) "Why did you quit?" Why did I quit? Because after you've been taken aboard a UFO, it's kind of hard to top that, all right. They have Alcoholics Anonymous, they don't have Alien Anonymous. I tell you what, though, going to AA meetings, which I have to do, but going there and hearing people talking about their fucking booze stories, you know. "You know, I love the taste of gin, it's so good, tastes-" Fuck you, I've been on a UFO, fuck off! I went drinking with aliens, you fucker, shut up! "I lost my wife-" I lost an alien culture who wanted to take me to the planet Arcturus, fuck you! I mean, I don't know if I've got the resentment, you know, forgiveness part down in the book, but... (singing) "One day at a time . . ." I just cannot, you know, believe in a war against drugs when they've got anti-drug commercials on l day long, followed by, "This Bud's for you." I got news for you, folks. A-1, alcohol is a drug, and B-2, and here's the real one, alcohol kills more people than all drugs combined each year. So, thanks for inviting me to your little alcoholic/drug den here tonight. You fine, upstanding citizens, you, wink, wink, nudge, nudge. Now. You know what, if I was going to have a drug be legal, it would not be alcohol, you know why? There's better drugs and better drugs for you. That's a fact, so you can stop your internal dialogue. Wait a minute, Bill, alcohol is an accepted form of social interaction which for thousands of years has been the norm under which human beings have congregated in the form of social events and... Shut the fuck up. Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you.
Pot is a better drug than alcohol - fact, and I'll prove it. You're at a ballgame, you're at a concert, someone's really violent, aggressive and obnoxious, are they drunk or are they smoking pot? (Audience) Drunk! The one and only correct answer, tell them what they've won, Johnny. I have never seen people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking impossible! Hey, buddy. Hey, what? End of argument. Say you get in a car accident, and you've been smoking pot. You're only going four miles an hour. Vroom... CRASH. Shit, we hit something. Forgot to open the garage door, man. We got to get the garage door open so Domino's knows we're home!
But I'll tell you the truth, I have never heard one reason that rang true why marijuana is against the law. That rang true, now, I'm not talking about the reasons the government tells us, because I hope you know this, I think you do, all governments are lying cocksuckers. I hope you know that. Good. I mean, marijuana grows everywhere, it serves a thousand different functions, all of them positive, to make marijuana against the law is like saying God made a mistake, you know what I mean? It's like God, on the seventh day, looked down on his creation and said, "There it is. My creation. Perfect and holy in all ways. Now, I can rest... Oh my me. I left fucking pot everywhere. I should never have smoked that joint on the third day. Shit. If I leave pot everywhere, that's gonna give people the impression they're supposed to use it. Shit. Now I have to create Republicans." So, you see, it's a vicious cycle.

When i take mushrooms i get hope, then I watch TV and I get hopeless..I realised that our true nature is spirit not body...believe me when you see little insectoids who tell you telepathically that they're your older brothers here to help you on your next stage of evolution it ain't the same as drinking a six-pack ok? Wouldn't put Gin in the same category. To have every single cell in your body healed all at once in 4 hours? Not the same as marguerita. Sorry, I couldn't tell you with a straight face that they're the same

And I'm glad they're against the law, because you know what happened when I took them? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours, going "My god, I love Everything". The heavens parted, God looked down and rained gifts of forgiveness onto my being, healing me on every level; psychically, physically, emotionally -- and I realized that our true nature is spirit, not body, that we are eternal beings, and that God's love is unconditional and there's nothing we can ever do to change that. It is only our illusion that we are separate from God or that we are alone.

In fact, the reality is that we are one with God, and he loves us.

Quit putting a godamm dollar sign on every fucking thing on this planet!

"(toke, toke, toke) Sure I can get up at dawn (toke, toke), go to a job I hate, that does not inspire me creatively whatsoever, for the rest of my fucking life. "

"It's a miracle, childbirth is a miracle." No it's not. No more a miracle than eating food and a turd coming out of your ass.
"Thunk, look at all my little miracles, thunk, filling up my trailer like a sardine can. Thunk. You know what would be a real miracle, if I could remember your daddy's name, aargh, thunk. I guess I'll have to call you Lorry Driver Junior. Thunk. That's all I remember about your daddy was his fuzzy little pot-belly riding on top of me shooting his caffeine ridden semen into my belly to produce my little water-headed miracle baby, urgh. There's your brother, Pizza Boy Delivery Junior."

Do you think magic mushrooms growing atop cow shit was an accident? Where do you think the phrase, 'that's good shit' came from? Why do you think Hindus think cows are holy? Holy shit! Why do I think MacDonalds is the Anti-Christ?

The world is like a ride in an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question, is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey - don't worry, don't be afraid, ever, because, this is just a ride..."
And we... kill those people.
Ha ha
"Shut him up."

Mushrooms and entheogenic plant consumption has gone on throughout the entire of human history, including today. These plants are not poisonous, but they contain powerful tools, and therefore are dangerous. Use the right tool for the right job! If humans eat these psychedelic plants under improper conditions, their experiences will be terrible and therefore damaging to the psyche. Fortunately, shamans throughout history have provided a proper outlet for these experiences. Humans who are otherwise ignorant to psychedelics have had a means to constructively experience conscious-expanding states.

The opinion I've pretty much forumlated is that the ego-shattering effect of psychadelics allows the tripper to transcend their own sense of superiority and confidence to look at themselves in a more objective light, and thereby change their lives with their own force of will. In other words, the drug is only a portal; a way to reflect inwardly and draw on your mental strength to change yourself. If, indeed, there is change, then it's because of one's own will; the drug didn't change you.

I'll take my dope, stress, philosophical trauma, paralyzing confusion, and multidimensional perspective over the simple life of sobriety any day.
-Doctor J

From my point of view, it does not matter what religion you believe in, if any. We are but children in the eyes of God, and as children, we are allowed to make mistakes, we are allowed to play, we are allowed to rebel, as well as disbelieve. As long as you do what you believe and feel is the right thing to do (no matter what it is), then you will be looked upon in a good sense.

DON'T WE ALL FEEL PROGRAMED AND USED. WERE ALL PUSHED INTO SUBMISSION AS SOON AS WE STEP INTO A CLASSROOM NONE OF US KNOW WHATS TO COME AND THE FEW OF US THAT WAKE UP AND SEE THAT WE HAVE REALLY HAD NO OPTION TO THINK FOR OURSELVES CAUSE THESE TEACHERS KEEP CRAMMING SHIT DOWN OUR THROATS.
-I donno

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineteen
Yeee Haaww

Re: Thread of quotes [Re: Murex]
    #2342299 - 02/16/04 06:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

"Ere many generations pass, our machinery will be driven by a power obtainable at any point in the universe. This idea is not novel. We find it in the delightful myth of Antheus, who derives power from the earth; we find it among the subtle speculations of one of your splendid mathematicians. Throughout space there is energy. Is this energy static or kinetic.? If static our hopes are in vain; if kinetic - and this we know it is, for certain - then it is a mere question of time when men will succeed in attaching their machinery to the very wheelwork of nature." - Nikola Tesla addressing the American Institute of Electrical Engineers, 1891

I know it's not philosophical, but it inspires me to think about cool stuff.

--------------------
Don't give me that load of bunk~!

OfflinetrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2342490 - 02/16/04 07:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, scince for him the spinal cord would fully suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, senseless brutality, deplorable love-of-country stance, how violently I hate all this, how despiceable an ignoreable war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action! It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder." -- Albert Einstein

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: trendal]
    #2342549 - 02/16/04 07:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."  - Einstein

"There's beauty in chaos" - Myself (i think  :confused:)

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

InvisibleRin
Comfortably Numb
 User Gallery

Re: Thread of quotes [Re: thePatient]
    #2342727 - 02/16/04 08:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Anybody that doesnt need you in their life, You dont need them in yours."...heard it someone and it stuck

--------------------
The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you know that you're dreaming...

OfflinetrendalM
King of Asides
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: Rin]
    #2342739 - 02/16/04 08:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"You can know the name of a bird in all the languages of the world, but when you're finished, you'll know absolutely nothing whatever about the bird... So let's look at the bird and see what it's doing -- that's what counts. I learned very early the difference between knowing the name of something and knowing something." -- Richard Feynman

--------------------
BTC - 1KqrSHZ1C3NsQP4g3PkHhppBnhdgyXr6sB

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: trendal]
    #2343244 - 02/16/04 10:26 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Embrace the Chaos!" me (as far as i know)

" life is the sieve through which my anarchy straing resolving itself into works, chaos is the score upon reality is written, the timeless, swirling gyroscopic horde,delirium of disorder,I am just an atom in an ectoplasmic sea, without direction or a reason to exist, the anechoic nebula rotating in my brain is persuading me, contritely, to persist " -- Greg Graffin, not really a quote, but good.

--------------------
Light & Music

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2343326 - 02/16/04 10:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"She wanted to play piano, but her hands couldnt reach the keys
When her hands could finally reach the keys, her feet couldn't reach the floor.
When her hands could finally reach the keys, and her feet could reach the floor,
She didn't want to play that ol piano anymore." -Shell Silversteen

"DON'T PANIC!" - Douglas Adams

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

OfflineIamHungry
Stranger
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2343394 - 02/16/04 11:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

-"You know, when I was a boy, I really wanted a catcher's mitt but my dad wouldn't get it for me. So I held my breath until I passed out and banged my head on the coffee table. The doctor said I might have brain damage."
-"Uh, Dad, what's the point of this story?"
-"I like stories."
Homer and Bart Simpson

--------------------
Here comes the sun, do n do do,
Here comes the sun, and I say,
It's alright...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2343540 - 02/16/04 11:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?
- George Deacon

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.
- Mahatma Gandhi

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
- Emo Philips

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
- Galileo Galilei

There was a time when religion ruled the world. It is known as The Dark Ages.
- Ruth Hurmence Green

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.
- Blaise Pascal

If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.
-Dan Barker, author and former evangelist

All religions have been made by men.
-Napoleon Bonaparte, French emperor

They came with a Bible and their religion- stole our land, crushed our spirit... and now tell us we should be thankful to the 'Lord' for being saved.
- Chief Pontiac, American Indian Chieftain

You say there is but one way to worship the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it?
- Chief Red Jacket, Seneca Indian Chieftain

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
- Denis Diderot, French encyclopedist

You never see animals going through the absurd and often horrible fooleries of magic and religion. Only man behaves with such gratuitous folly. It is the price he has to pay for being intelligent but not, as yet, intelligent enough.
- Aldous Huxley, author

The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church.
- Ferdinand Magellan, Portuguese and Spanish explorer

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2343560 - 02/16/04 11:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Eat some mushrooms you blind fool!"--you

Best advice I ever got. :mushroom2:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinesykobish
ProfessionalPsycho - JTOKREW
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto, eh?
    #2343608 - 02/16/04 11:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself - Andy Warhol

It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not - James Gordon, M.D.

If there were in the world today any large number of people who desired their own happiness more than they desired the unhappiness of others, we could have paradise in a few years - Bertrand Russell

Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you - Wally 'Famous' Amos

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity - Albert Einstein

--------------------
I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.
-={Nite-Crew}=-

*-_Thread_Jacker_-*
To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind. - Th?ophile Gautier.
Seek not every quality in one individual - Confucius.
Global Living Space

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: silversoul7]
    #2344156 - 02/17/04 02:03 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:smile:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2346313 - 02/17/04 05:19 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Fuck George Bush!"
-Me, albeit stolen from Kirk Hammett
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2346382 - 02/17/04 05:37 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Life is a cigarette... smoke 'till the end" - Supergrass

"If the doors of perception were cleansed, we would see things as they are, infinite" - William Blake

"...and so castles made of sand wash in the sea, eventually" - Jimi Hendrix

"If love ever comes barging in like that again, that's it, I'm calling security" - Soulwax

"Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond, call me what you will" - Metallica

Not all spiritual, but what the hey.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2346877 - 02/17/04 07:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"The only place Success comes before Work is in the Dictionary"

"I'm not greedy. I would be satisfied with just one dollar from each person in the country"

"A handful of patience is worth more than a bushel of brains"

"The key to serenity is being prepared for disappointments"

"If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, forget em...cuz man, they're gone"

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Thread of quotes [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #2347060 - 02/17/04 08:00 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"These mountains hold many secrets, the largest of which, I am a fake mountain."

"To understand mankind, one has to look at the words that comprise it. These two words, mank and ind. What do these words mean? It is a mystery, and so is mankind."

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinefirstrays
Title? We don'need nosteeenkingtitle!
Male

Loc: TX
    #2347113 - 02/17/04 08:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's only when you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
--tyler durden

Fight Club is filled with awesome quotes.

--------------------
Everybody knows you love me baby, everybody knows that you really do. Everybody knows that you've been faithfull, awww, give or take a night or two.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Aldous Huxley, Jimi Hendrix, Scales, The Doors

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology