Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
I don't like alcohol
    #2340879 - 02/16/04 11:55 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It makes me sick and stuff
Granted I will drink a quality beer every once in a while, or take a shot of rum, or a glass of wine.. but I will never drink more than a couple beers.. because my liver will hate me because of it.. and I will have a tortured night worshipping the porcelain god... I get the spins VERY easily, and when I get the spins, I get the pukes. It only takes me about a 6 pack. Not to mention I just feel like SHIT and STUPID.

I can get a nice buzz off 2 or 3 beers.. and then I stop. What pisses me off is testosterone filled fools who call me a pussy for not drinking myself under the table. You can do whatever you want to yourself, but don't get mad at me for not jumping on the belligerent bandwagon.

I've never seen alcohol do good things for people. My uncle died at the age of 24 because he was driving drunk. A lot of my friends are alcoholics, and they turn into completely different people when they are drunk. It's really sad. They turn into illogical monsters, who would punch their own mother right in the face. It's never pretty when you see a 45 year old man with the mentality of an 8 year old, piss himself.

So this goes out to everyone who drinks. It's called Free will, you can do whatever you want with yourself, I don't care...but when you start pressuring people to get wasted with you, even when they HATE alcohol and you know it, just fuck off. Fuck alcohol. And please respect my decision to not poison my body with it.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: Shroomism]
    #2340893 - 02/16/04 11:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm the same, I used to drink loads but then I found it started giving me a headache after more than a couple of cans. Now I just have the odd pint or glass of wine.

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #2340904 - 02/16/04 12:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It kind of sucks that we live in a society where you can feel pressured to drink even when it doesnt appeal to you, but you are strongly pressured NOT to use other substances that may be much more enjoyable and much less harmful to yourself.

Boo.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #2340905 - 02/16/04 12:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a light weight when it comes to alcohol. I have many friends who rib me all the time for not drinking as much as they do. I laugh it off and say, I get drunk cheaper.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2340908 - 02/16/04 12:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

really, if i was to judge a cover by it's book, I'd think you were a regular witht he booze shroomism...

I like booze on the other hand, but it does make me feel shitty

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2340911 - 02/16/04 12:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I used to binge drink in late middle school and early high school. We would go in the woods and chug 40s.. at parties and stuff we would kill half gallons of hard liquor in minutes.. chugging liquor... I got all my alcohol binge and purge out of the way early on.. after that I could barely smell liquor without wanting to puke.. and the thought of it makes me sick.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2340967 - 02/16/04 12:14 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I like to drink wine and champagne, but I can't do drugs. I feel the same as you when I am pressured to take any kind of drug, when I know how they will make me feel and I even explain how it will make me feel.

"All you have to do is keep practicing at (taking the drug, whatever it is) and you'll get used to it."

Um, no thanks. Drugs make me feel extremely paranoid. Not a good feeling to have, because feeling paranoid can send me into a panic attack.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2341023 - 02/16/04 12:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

im not too big on alcohol myself. every once in a while i'll drink a few good tasting beers but thats about it. i'm more of a psychedelic man

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: Frog]
    #2341030 - 02/16/04 12:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i dont drink at all !
i hate the taste
i hate the feeling i hate the action of drinking
when ever i get drunk my add takes over and i do stupid shit
not to mention alchohalisim runs in my family so i realy have to watch out for that

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: Infrared]
    #2341037 - 02/16/04 12:26 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DeepBlue42 said:
im not too big on alcohol myself. every once in a while i'll drink a few good tasting beers but thats about it. i'm more of a psychedelic man

ur my kinda guy deep blue :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: Infrared]
    #2341044 - 02/16/04 12:28 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

wow at least I am not alone. I prefer some cannabis or psychadelics over alcohol any day of the week.

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: notapillow]
    #2341084 - 02/16/04 12:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
i dont drink at all !
i hate the taste
i hate the feeling i hate the action of drinking
when ever i get drunk my add takes over and i do stupid shit
not to mention alchohalisim runs in my family so i realy have to watch out for that

I am more ADD when I drink, too.  It's pretty funny.  I have a pretty bad memory.  But when I play pool with my girlfriend, after a glass of wine or two, I can't remember what color ball I am from shot to shot.  She's gotten in the habit of telling me what I am as she comes back from taking her shot.  :grin:

But my brain runs pretty fast, which is probably why drugs affect it so badly.  Alcohol just slows it down.  A nice, non-thinking "slow".

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinetelamahooka
journeyman

#2341189 - 02/16/04 01:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

don't be around drunk people when you're stoned or on other psychedelics, notapillow knows what i'm talking about, especially on shrooms. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself relieves the pain of being a man"-doctor johnson

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: telamahooka]
    #2341207 - 02/16/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ah, I didn't think many other people were like this. I don't like alcohol, it doesn't give me any revelations or anything important I'd be looking for in a drug. Every once in a while I'll get drunk, but I really could care less for it. Hallucinogens are so much better and spiritual, and don't make me wake up the next day with a headache, or wonder what happened in those black holes of memory the night before.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #2341209 - 02/16/04 01:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i'd never pressure anybody to do ANYTHING, i'm not like that. i respect people for what they do/don't do. i respect people w/ a strong enough will to go against the norm. i'm actually trying to be more like you shroomism and only drink a few beers just to get a nice social buzz. currently i am the type to drink myself retarded and i don't like how the situation results. i commend you shroomism.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2341234 - 02/16/04 01:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I sat down to my supper, 'twas a bottle of red whisky

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Re: I don't like alcohol [Re: Ripple]
    #2341271 - 02/16/04 01:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

said my prayers and went to bed
thats the last they saw of me :gd_icon:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2341539 - 02/16/04 02:12 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't like alcohol either. I've done too many regretful things while drunk and hurt too many people. Thats why I stopped drinking. The other day for Valentines Day, my husband and I tried to drink a glass of wine, (my first drink in awhile) and it was disgusting. I couldn't finish my glass and don't think I'll be purchasing any other alcoholic beverage ever again for any occasion.

And I too have faced friends pressuring me to drink even when I already told them that I wasn't a drinker anymore. Sadly, I used to give in to them, but now I don't talk to those friends anymore.

For myself, the 'illegal' drugs are much safer to consume in moderation, then alcohol, and are far more enjoyable.

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #2341877 - 02/16/04 03:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, over the years of partying i have done quite some damage to my stomach and liver and though i can still drink a lot without puking or anything, just getting stomach pains, it isn't really my thing anymore. most of the time when i start drinking i get too focused on getting drunk, and usually once i start drinking i don't stop. getting totally fucked up and then yelling/causing trouble/stumbling around and hearing stories of me doing so the next day isn't always that great

i'd much rather smoke bowls than drink, anytime. lately though ive been learning how to drink without getting totally drunk - like smoking weed and having a couple drinks goes along quite nicely.

of course.. the occasional full on getting drunk is in order.. but very seldom

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

OfflineAton
Shamdelier

Loc: North East
    #2342060 - 02/16/04 03:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

alcohol is just impractical...but man i love weed

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag