Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: RTS/Strategy [Re: Satyr604] * 1
    #23481158 - 07/27/16 03:09 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Satyr604 said:
Homeworld 2 is where it's at, man. Tough as nails, but really fun.

If you want something Homeworld-ish but more grand strategy/X4, try Stellaris. I personally started out enjoying it a lot, but it ended up feeling broken and somewhat repetitive after a while.

Just got Stellaris the day before yesterday, and haven't had time to sleep since. Actually came here for the specific purpose of recommending it, even though it isn't really a true RTS. Haven't enjoyed a 4x game this much since the original Master of Orion. (I'm not saying sins was bad, it just wasn't as engaging)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSatyr604
Stranger
Male

Re: RTS/Strategy [Re: Kryptos]
    #23482346 - 07/27/16 01:14 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe I was a bit harsh for it. I really did enjoy it a lot. But at one point, after stabilizing my economy, I wanted to expand. I was a human militaristic xenophile democracy, mostly driven by science. 'North' of me was a militaristic dictatorship, 'south' of me was a xenophobic yet pacifist race. I kept good relationships with my neighbours to the north and was indifferent towards those south of me.

The race to the north of me got into a war. When they were severely weakened I took some of their territory. The guys to the south of me, the so-called pacifists, had military might equal to mine. I invade them and rev up the war machine, producing fighters and the like. I attack their 4k fleet with my 5k fleet. I win, though barely. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I get hit with a 9k fleet immediately after. That's bullshit.

No matter how hard I turn up my war production, that pacifistic race is always several steps ahead of me, spawning their fleets out of thin fucking air. There is no other way for me to expand than by claiming their territory. I eventually managed to occupy their homeworld, but even then they just keep pulling ships out of their bums. I had two vassals and an ally and they didn't do shit. That's when I just gave up.

--------------------
To do: sclerotia, DMT, mushrooms, LSA, mescaline.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#23482892 - 07/27/16 04:36 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
Quote:

Satyr604 said:
Homeworld 2 is where it's at, man. Tough as nails, but really fun.

If you want something Homeworld-ish but more grand strategy/X4, try Stellaris. I personally started out enjoying it a lot, but it ended up feeling broken and somewhat repetitive after a while.

Just got Stellaris the day before yesterday, and haven't had time to sleep since. Actually came here for the specific purpose of recommending it, even though it isn't really a true RTS. Haven't enjoyed a 4x game this much since the original Master of Orion. (I'm not saying sins was bad, it just wasn't as engaging)

Love this game. I'm getting some bug where my colony ships won't move out of their system so I've stopped playing.

--------------------

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: RTS/Strategy [Re: Visionary Tools]
    #23483637 - 07/27/16 08:05 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Satyr...sounds like your war machine isn't getting enough fuel... My first playthrough as the fanatic pacifist mushroom preset I got pretty far, haven't given up yet but stopped playing because I got the trans-dimensional beings event a few sectors over from me at the same time that two fallen empires declared war. Since that was my first game, my main fleet is only at 20k power and my recently incorporated vassal's backup fleet is 12k.

I started a game as a (custom) militaristic/xenophile human on a 1000 star ring. While I'm pretty early on, I figure it will make life a little easier since I'm limited to two fronts max, instead of the mushroom playthrough where I'm bordering two fallen empires and about 4-5 other guys that are pissed (though weaker than me). I'm worried they'll declare war while I'm busy with the FE and just take me apart.

As for the colony ship thing, the colonization is a bit weird. It seems that you need to move the ship to the system, and only then give colonization orders. Hasn't worked for me otherwise.

The pause/unpause mechanic with toolbars is also annoying. Either I need to teach myself to get out of the dwarf fortress mindset of hitting space anytime an announcement pops up, or they need it to be a little more intuitive. I think that one's on me though.

Edited by Kryptos (07/27/16 08:07 PM)

Invisiblescragins
I'm a teapot

Loc: Australia Flag
    #23488161 - 07/29/16 03:25 AM (7 years, 7 months ago)

With 320 hours in Sins: Rebellion, I can confidently say 4X games rock :P

Might give Stellaris a go. Satyr's story has me intrigued.

--------------------
Be the change you wish to see in this world

Offlineoverlord
Count
Male

Loc: Illinois Flag
Re: RTS/Strategy [Re: scragins]
    #23514572 - 08/05/16 10:30 PM (7 years, 7 months ago)

Wish there were some seeds to Final Fantasy X.

Miss playing that game.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom