Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineknarkkorven
Entheoholic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sweden Flag
Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #23396268 - 06/30/16 03:28 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

We only noticed when the sequence from the Bagels collection matched Heyowanas collection, prompting Inski to compare his micro with P. tasmaniana specifically.

Great work Alan and Inski!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepermafryed
goodcunt
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: Bagels]
    #23396496 - 06/30/16 06:17 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bagels said:

pretty sure i found some of these today in hastings NZ
growing amoungst those flower looking fungus things in the pic. i didnt think much of it and threw my specimens away but i shoulda kept them.
i will go back to the patch and get pics and some specimens

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

Loc: NZ
Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: permafryed]
    #23397745 - 06/30/16 02:26 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

permafryed said:

pretty sure i found some of these today in hastings NZ
growing amoungst those flower looking fungus things in the pic. i didnt think much of it and threw my specimens away but i shoulda kept them.
i will go back to the patch and get pics and some specimens

Good one! Put up an ID request.

Quote:

inski said:

I believe it is actually better for the mycelial mat to carefully pull the fruit bodies up completely intact rather than leaving cut or broken stem bases which can rot and cause disease in the mycelium.
If you hold your fingers around the base of the stem with your palm flat on the wood chips then pull the mushroom carefully up without disturbing the chips too much you will still get another flush if the conditions are right.

I think this works well.

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: Bagels]
    #23398023 - 06/30/16 04:22 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Depends, if the stipe is too flimsy it will just break off or if the stipe is too attached to the myc then it will just rip a large chunk of the patch out.

Of sometimes it is like in-accessible if there are like too many plants around of some shit so scissors sometimes should be used.

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: Hashed]
    #23398156 - 06/30/16 04:53 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hashed said:
Depends, if the stipe is too flimsy it will just break off or if the stipe is too attached to the myc then it will just rip a large chunk of the patch out.

Of sometimes it is like in-accessible if there are like too many plants around of some shit so scissors sometimes should be used.

Fair point but my comment was made about harvesting this species. Generally I find most stems are quite deep in the woodchip. You can place one hand flat with your index finger and your middle either side of the mushroom and with your other hand take the stem and pull quickly. Very little myc will come away if you do this carefully.

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

#23398255 - 06/30/16 05:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bagels said:
Quote:

Hashed said:

Fair point but my comment was made about harvesting this species. Generally I find most stems are quite deep in the woodchip. You can place one hand flat with your index finger and your middle either side of the mushroom and with your other hand take the stem and pull quickly. Very little myc will come away if you do this carefully.

Great finding!

I was referencing Psilocybe subaeruginosa specifically and I'm telling you inski's harvesting method would not work with your typical Psilocybe subsecotioides, those things are a huge PITA to harvest, takes a while to find the bottom of the stipe of them because the caps are so secotid and they grow right against the top of the substrate so I have to carefully maneuver the cap until I spot the stipe and I can follow it down to the base, sometimes they grow under chips aswell and lift chips up so I have to pat the chips over where a buried seco was growing right after harvesting it, slugs love them and often eat the small secos aswell so they have to be harvested if they have been half eaten, they grow extremely slowly and are extremely dense and dry very nicely.:wink:

They often grow in clusters and stick together because the caps are slightly sticky.

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: Hashed]
    #23398553 - 06/30/16 06:43 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hashed said:
Quote:

Bagels said:
Quote:

Hashed said:

Great finding!

I was referencing Psilocybe subaeruginosa specifically and I'm telling you inski's harvesting method would not work with your typical Psilocybe subsecotioides, those things are a huge PITA to harvest, takes a while to find the bottom of the stipe of them because the caps are so secotid and they grow right against the top of the substrate so I have to carefully maneuver the cap until I spot the stipe and I can follow it down to the base, sometimes they grow under chips aswell and lift chips up so I have to pat the chips over where a buried seco was growing right after harvesting it, slugs love them and often eat the small secos aswell so they have to be harvested if they have been half eaten, they grow extremely slowly and are extremely dense and dry very nicely.:wink:

They often grow in clusters and stick together because the caps are slightly sticky.

That does seem tricky with seco's. I guess the point is to choose a method of harvesting as you have done, to do the least damage to the myc. I think what inski has to say about the risk of damage and disease id valid though. What else you can do to minimize this I'm not sure.

I don't think stepping on the patches can be that great for them either. It would be great if someone could invent a long handled tool to harvest mushrooms. I might need one when I get my zimmer frame :laugh:

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

#23399648 - 07/01/16 12:51 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I dunno, coz they rot naturally right, does them naturally rotting cause the myc to become infected or only if the stipe has been sliced?
A patch I have used scissors on for 3 years is still going as hard as it did from day 1 so I think scissors are absolutely fine most likely.

You have no idea, straight up, secos are a damn mission to harvest, what a process.
The bottom of the seco stipes are usually quite deep in the substrate and they grow within the myc often, it is like a process to harvest each individual and they often grow side by side so I often fuck up, sometimes I intend to harvest a mature one and I harvest the neighboring baby in the cluster instead, it is like they share a stipe base the way they grow side by side, never ever seen subs as closely touching at the stipe base.

I have to lie down on my stomach with my eyes like 1 ft away from the specimen intended to be harvested and move the cap around because it the bottom of the cap is at substrate level or buried so Ihave to lie down and look into the substrate to try and spot the stipe, then I have to follow it down to the bottom and quickly slice it without moving my eyes away from the target or else I will loose sight of the bottom of the stipe and have to repeat the damn process all over again.
Takes me like 30 seconds on average to harvest one seco specimen, I need to up my game with the secos, granted I have not had as much practice with the secos as I have with the subs.

Either way, everything about secos is a frikn challenge to harvest, I am like an automatic harvesting robot when it comes to subs though but secos are a fucking process to harvest, have to make sure no one can un-expectantly show up or no one is in sight before attempting harvest or else I look like I am passed out on the ground or some shit, harvesting is definitely cause for concern to the ignorant annoying concerned citizen as you are already fairly aware.
With subs it is so easy, I can keep an eye on passing people and harvest simultaneously, but these secos require constant attention, if I take my eyes off the stipe I will just completely loose it and have to start again, but with subs I can just hold the stipe and watch people around me at the same time, can not do that with secos, no way.

You have to be really skilled to harvest them perfectly, secos are such a damn mission to harvest, fells so good getting the fuck out after collecting all the mature and slug munched specimens.
I need to get more practice in and work on my speed while maintaining efficient technique for secos.

A long harvesting tool would probably do a terrible job unless it was like specifically designed or some shit.
One day I was harvesting a patch and I was in the same place for too long and the substrate was so airy that I made a few craters in the patch and I exposed some myc on the process but it was just outside where the mushrooms fruit.
Lesson learned, do not stay frozen in the same place while you harvest if you happen to be on the substrate, always move around if the substrate is airy and sinks with to much pressure.

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

#23399659 - 07/01/16 12:56 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Bagels said:
I might need one when I get my zimmer frame :laugh:

Why do you need to use a walker?

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

#23399990 - 07/01/16 05:16 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Hashed said:
Quote:

Bagels said:
I might need one when I get my zimmer frame :laugh:

Why do you need to use a walker?

LOL... just joking m8

Quote:

I have to lie down on my stomach with my eyes like 1 ft away from the specimen

Quote:

I've to make sure no one can un-expectantly show up or no one is in sight before attempting harvest or else I look like I am passed out on the ground or some shit

Ha haha you getting stoned too? :wink:

Yeah some people think this is the fun part but it is not always if you are trying to be really careful and take care of your patch. I went down to the patch last week and had a wee blaze before I left. I always get a bit lost there and this time I went round and around a few times and completely lost my sense of direction. It took me quite a while even to figure out north from south :lol:  It was like nothing made sense and I needed to find my bike. Not going to do that again.

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

#23400031 - 07/01/16 05:51 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

You already know wasgud, I'm always straight stoned as fuck :ganja:, found my first seco patch just after I got high as fuck and I harvest it high as fuck.

I smoke dank as I type this :ganja:

All my stories begin with "So I was high as fuck or so I was tripping" because I'm always high as fuck and occasionally tripping.

My top 2 most used entheogens, always got to have it, if I was alone on an island and I could take two things that would be my weed and shrooms what else do you need.

You don't have tolerance ay sounds like you were drunk not stoned. :lol:

I can easily go through an ounce in a day, especially if I'm with the niggas, I used to chain smoke cigarettes and I already smoked a fuck tonne of weed and ever since I the quit cancer sticks and replaced it with weed I now smoke as much weed as I originally did AND I smoke weed as a durry replacement so put those two together and it's too much weed, and I need indica for insomnia is a must, also prevents dreaming which is a bonus.

The act of smoking is too addictive.

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

#23400035 - 07/01/16 05:55 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Are you still finding P. tasmaniana anyway Bagels??

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

#23400070 - 07/01/16 06:16 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

No, not much tolerance as I don't smoke much.

Quote:

Hashed said:
Are you still finding P. tasmaniana anyway Bagels??

I haven't been there this week. I will go today.

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

#23400072 - 07/01/16 06:16 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Swt

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

#23400288 - 07/01/16 08:09 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

I've been enjoying this thread Bagels. I'm not finding any now since the frosts have been occurring every night.:smile:
Hashed you need to smoke weed with no ceiling. An ounce a day means one thing. There used to be weed around in NZ and Australia in the 70's that was grown for people like you. More than two cones and hard core smokers would be spinning out and throwing up. In fact if someone coughed after a cone they'd be coughing to the point of whiteness.

There was some excellent Durban and Transkei around back then. It all had red blood. Didn't have the modern day anise Durban flavour but was more mango flavoured.
:smile

Glad you had them DNA sequenced Bagels. Hope you find more rare Psilocybe species.:mushroom2:

InvisibleHashed
SHROOM HEAD

Re: ID Request for a small mushroom that looks like a Psilocybe sp. NZ [Re: Heyowana]
    #23401906 - 07/01/16 06:06 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

My tolerance is ridiculous and so is the amount of bud I will smoke through daily.

I wish I had ganja so potent that I smoke two cones and I'm good, that is ridiculous though, I don't think there is a ganja plant on this earth that I would have had enough of in one sesh after two cones.

I only smoke the dankest Heyowana, I just have insane tolerance, me and my mates just sit for hours and pull hundreds of cones and repeat as necessary.
If you saw the shit I'm smoking on right now you would drool.

I need to find the fucking camera, to take pictures of the weed and shrooms, but fucking hell, can not find it, looks like there will be no pictures. :frown:

InvisibleBagels
Huntress
Female User Gallery

#23405398 - 07/02/16 09:42 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Thank you Heyowanna but it's not nearly as exciting as your thread. I need to do a catch up on it. I didn't know they had finished. They have nearly finished here too and there have been some good frosts here too lately. I only found about ten mushrooms yesterday but I still have some areas to check.

I hope to find more rare Psilocybes too. It was reading your thread earlier in the year which made me examine LBMs more closely this season and I guess I got lucky. So I have much to thank you for. I'm pretty certain that these will be back next year and I hope yours are too.

:yourock:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe tasmaniana NZ [Re: Bagels]
    #25205072 - 05/15/18 08:50 AM (5 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe tasmaniana NZ [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #25205551 - 05/15/18 01:24 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/MH289756

Do the blast results mean the closest match is psilocybe fasciata?

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery
Trusted Identifier
Re: Psilocybe tasmaniana NZ [Re: Doc9151] * 1
    #25219117 - 05/21/18 05:08 PM (5 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
Quote:

Alan Rockefeller said:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/nuccore/MH289756

Do the blast results mean the closest match is psilocybe fasciata?

No, the closest match is a P. tasmaniana collection from Australia (MushroomObserver.org/208478), with two differences.  Next closest is Psilocybe baeocystis (MushroomObserver.org/109871, with three differences.  Psilocybe fasciata is 5 bases different.

The reason the closest match didn't come up at the top is because by default, BLAST sorts by  score, which takes into account more than just how closely related the species are.  If you click on the Ident heading, you can sort by how close each species is.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds