Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Ok, here's my dilemma...
    #2337056 - 02/15/04 11:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I totally fucking stoned now :stoned: but ummm... yeah, I got a dilemma,or,"problem" if you will, lol.
Ummm... yeah,ok, so a friend of mine buys this grow kit from Amsterdam, it looks like this lunch box and it was totally covered in myceliium when he got it and it has a casing of vermiculite.  He (stupid as he is) "sterilized" a spoon and spooned out this fat shroom which had grown to the side.  The problem Is I bought this fucking box from him for 173 dollars believe it or not.  See, I'm the type of guy who believes chances are supposed to be taken and especially when its a chance I would like to take.  The problem is that there are little spots of green contamination at the side where he spooned the mushroom out, LITTLE spots, not big dangerously looking ones.  I've heard that mycellium CAN beat contaminations, well, can it?  I'll post a pic some day but to put it this way... there's like 1-2% contamination and the rest is pure mycellium. Maybe I was stupid to buy this thing, butI'm not poor (faaar from rich, but not poor either) and plus, it an investment to take a chance on these shroomies and keep growing from spore prints, you know, for microscopic research :stoned:
So,will my mushrooms survive?
Dilemma #2 the previous owner didnt water them right so the shrooms standing have splits in them because they werent as wet as they could've been kept, I took, this kit, pulled a sterile bag over and punched holes through the bag with a sterile needle and sprayed some water on the bag and some water directly on the casing too... I dunno... is thisgoing to go like its supposed to?  Are splits in earlymushrooms a big no-no?
Peace :spliff:

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoNk
pupil

Re: Ok, here's my dilemma... [Re: filthysock]
    #2337063 - 02/15/04 11:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would recommend spending 1/5th the cost and growing your own the correct way (well a correct way) the PF tek method.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2337218 - 02/15/04 12:09 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I would reccomend that too, but I havent had the time or whatever to order syringes and stuff... I will do that some day, but cant you tell me what you think is going to happen with my precious???
Besides, this is pretty much close to the PF tek way, the only differance is the jars.

--------------------

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #2337260 - 02/15/04 12:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Split caps mean that you RH is not high enough so up that and it will tack care of that . As for the mold spray som h202 on it and that should help . Or cut out the cotam with a steril knife and then use some bleach on the spot or some h202 hope this helps you .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Ok, here's my dilemma... [Re: growmore]
    #2337466 - 02/15/04 01:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What is the RH?
So does water help fight the mold? And Bleach? What, can I just pour bleach onto the stuff? Never heard of it... I'll try that though... (when I get hold of bleach)
peace

--------------------

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2337798 - 02/15/04 02:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

1)Relative Humidity
2) Don't use bleach untill you do more research. Use h202(Hydrogen Peroxide)put on were you cut contamination out. IMO

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlineant61
Male
Loc: colorado
    #2337870 - 02/15/04 03:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

put a little salt on the contamanted area's.
and get your r/h up, and wait and see..........
good luck.

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

#2337937 - 02/15/04 03:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

OK number 1 DONT spray that mold spot with ANYTHING! that is a horrible idea and will do nothing but spread the spores and contaminate your whole casing!!!

Take a spoon clean it very well with alcohol and spoon out the molds SLOWLY and CAREFULLY. If a large portion is attacked you can cut the whole section out with a kniffe. Take that green straght outta your house. Now salt the wound in your casing heavily with table salt.

I don't belive h2o2 has much affect on green mold.

SM

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Ok, here's my dilemma... [Re: simplemachine]
    #2339924 - 02/16/04 02:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

And should I cover the hole with more sterilized vermiculite? The salt idea sounds good... I'll do that.
Another thing, the mushrooms are looking blue, I'm guessing thats from the bruises they've gotten from splitting, am I right?

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#2339931 - 02/16/04 02:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

PS.
How do I get a hold of h2o2, is that liike some really hard to get chemical or...?
I was so stoned yesterday I thought you wrote h2O so I sprayed alot of water on the contaminated parts, but it seems like the white mycellium is winning the battle anyway... and especially after I watered the whole thing... the mold looks all dried, shriveled, dead and attacked by mycellium... though there's still some left.

--------------------

Invisiblenoresolution
passer-through
    #2339938 - 02/16/04 02:22 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

h202 is hydrogen peroxide, you can get it anywhere. supermarkets, drug stores, etc. its a common household disenfectant, usually sold in brown plastic bottles.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures