Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
How was your Friday 13th?
    #2337675 - 02/15/04 02:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well, my computer threw a video card on Friday the 13th. It was a really nice $250 ASUS card that is only about a year and a half old. Apparently the fan seiezed up and the GPU got too hot before I could notice. Why ASUS would put a shitty $.25 fan on a $250 video card is beyond me.

so now I got this brand x geforce5 as a temporary fix until I get the chance to learn taiwanese and ask ASUS for my replacement.

So I spent the rest of Friday the 13th drinking an entire bottle of champagne with some homeboys and smoking hydro mixed with 5x salvia.

I thought it was kind of interesting that such a random flukish type of thing could happen on Fri 13. Did anyone else have bad luck that day?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2337690 - 02/15/04 02:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I took a field trip with my Middle-Eastern Studies class to a mosque in Riverside.  Then we ate lunch at a Middle-Eastern restaurant.  Good times. :thumbup:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2337852 - 02/15/04 03:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There's a pretty darn good authentic soul food restaurant in downtown Riverside, I don't know the name of it, but everyday the guy is cooking ribs outside on the sidewalk.  I recommend that you look around for it and give it a try. :thumbup:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2337862 - 02/15/04 03:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My Friday the 13th was uneventful. It's my lucky day, and I should have bought a lottery ticket, but I forgot.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: Frog]
    #2337869 - 02/15/04 03:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I found a big bag of weed on the side of the road - friday the 13th is good luck for me :smile:

--------------------
]

InvisibleMal_Fenderson
Space Monkey

Loc: North American Plate.
Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: Wysefool]
    #2337912 - 02/15/04 03:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't even realize that it was Friday the _13th_. I mean, I knew it was Friday, 13th Feb. 2004, but the other connection just wasn't made.

The day was uneventful.

Any recasting of the events in light of this new information could only be unproductive, so I won't =]

--------------------
----
"Better Dead than Red."

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2337954 - 02/15/04 03:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Went on a four gram trip Friday the 13th. Great times.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
    #2338521 - 02/15/04 06:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Me and two of my friends went to this party in someone's basement, which is odd to say the least, because usually parties here are in big tents, drawing about 2000 people. Anyway, we'd met one of my friends' semi-girlfriend at a place that was so remote from the location of the party that afterwards we were wondering what the hell led us to think that would be a good place to meet up.
After this 40 minute detour we arrived at the party. At least the beer was cheap, but we - as a group of twenty year olds - were amidst kids between 14 and 17, with no smoking allowed. We smoked anyway, drank some beers, and then all three of us were laughing hysterically because we couldn't remember how the hell we'd gotten into that obviously private party and why we stayed at a place with such terrible music.
We found some easy chairs somewhere in the basement and sat down, talking and drinking some more. One of my friends almost deliberately set the place on fire because he was so bored, and about one and a half hours later I left, realising my aging body can't take as much beer as it used to be able to.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #2338558 - 02/15/04 06:58 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well, I guess my luck was bad, but it drove me to leave my house and go hang out with some people who were long overdue a visit from me.  Plus it has re-kindled my old love affair with champagne!  I think I'm just gonna keep a running stash of that shit in tha fridge... :lol:

I just wish I didnt have to plunk out the dough for a new video card.  Now at least I have some (albeit pretty lame)  justification for believing Fri the 13th is bad luck.  I mean, that shit was a total fluke, I've never known a quality card to do that.

OfflineTheDarkSideof_Paco
Seeker

Loc: My basement
    #2339111 - 02/15/04 09:43 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was on the way home from a friends hose getting ready to light a cig in my friends jeep when was like...

"WO what the fuck I had a dream about this...And then I stopped right here in the dream and said exactly what I said and am saying now...then when you lit your cigarette and was exhaling out the window I saw an animal and swerved and we flipped."

To say the least I didnt light my cigarette and I was so tense on the drive home, I made him drive all slow.

Then to top it off turning into his neighborhood this fucking black cat books out in front of us. Man I was totally jittery all night.

weird...

Paco

--------------------
"In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us."

Thich Nhat Hanh

Seeker

Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: TheDarkSideof_Paco]
    #2339129 - 02/15/04 09:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Do you any of you guys feel me and my friend avoided an accident by him seeing this dream? The wreck in the dream happened on the normal route home too (we took another way)! I always see things that happen later in my dreams, but they are always irrelavant, never lead to anything important. Hoping to conclude that dreams can really change your life in a good or bad way by seeing the future. Because I know for a fact that you can see a glimpse of the future in your dreams just from my personal experiences.

--------------------
"In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us."

Thich Nhat Hanh

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2339239 - 02/15/04 10:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have dreams too, that come true, but also usually irrelevant, inconsequential stuff.  I've heard of people having dreams that later came true.  Perhaps you avoided an accident.  Perhaps it was just a dream.  I suppose we'll never "really" know.    :wink:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Seeker

Re: How was your Friday 13th? [Re: Frog]
    #2339252 - 02/15/04 10:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah but afterwards I had an immense feeling of like something saved me, some sort of force. Almost as if it was something telling me to pay more attention to my dreams.

--------------------

Thich Nhat Hanh

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#2339265 - 02/15/04 10:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That could be.  When I get feelings like that, I usually pay attention to them.  :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2354039 - 02/19/04 08:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Pretty good. Shot up some spores and springs on the way...

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2354425 - 02/19/04 11:06 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

friday the 13th was my birthday :cool:  its happend a few times in my life.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Edited by angryjslice (02/19/04 11:07 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale