Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

eBay Shop for: Lab Glassware

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Ice hash purification
    #2338763 - 02/15/04 09:57 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Heres the deal, a foaf took some fan leaves and proceded to make hash with the blender and ice tek. he filtered thourgh a metal coffee filter.

when the evaporation was complete what was left was a greenish powder. one tiny hit got a foaf BLOWN.

now in the name of science she would like to purify this thc containing material to pure thc.

as for how this is done she is not so sure.

the working hypothesis is this.

add the powder to 10 ml of everclear to disolve the thc, and not the remaining leaf. then filter through a normal paper coffee filter and evaporate.

yes no?

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Edited by zippoz (02/16/04 01:43 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Ice hash purification [Re: ZippoZ]
    #2338909 - 02/15/04 10:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

won't be pure thc, you'll pull out chlorphyll and stuff.

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

#2338911 - 02/15/04 10:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not sure, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would imagine if you used a solution of everclear (ethanol) that not just THC would dissolve into this solution but also other cannabinoids such as CBD/CBN. So you would probably be getting a purer product, but it wouldn't be pure THC. Of course I'm no expert so I'd like for someone else to give a second opinion on this. Peace and Much Love.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Ice hash purification [Re: Hooty]
    #2338979 - 02/15/04 11:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

well half the leaves were taken from when the plants pistils were about 20% turned, and the other half were taken before flowering, so the CBD/CBN content should be minimal.

i should have said that i want a pure canabanoid extraction.

thanks for your help guys!

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#2338984 - 02/15/04 11:10 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

you still said you yielded a green powder. If there's green in it it's from chlorphyll that's in the powder which will go into solution with the alcohol.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

#2339398 - 02/16/04 01:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

interesting, a foaf assumed that the green powder had resulted in her using a metal (mesh) coffee filter, and that by using a paper filter on the upcoming extraction, that she could reduce the amount of unwanted substance.

could a few polar/ non-polar washes take away more of the excess substance than the disolve and strain method above? should she combine a polar/ non-polar wash and filter?

just so shes clear, Canabinoids are non polar, and are insoluable in polar liquids,which is why things like the ice and blender tek work.

so to do these polar/ non-polar wases (if thats the best route for her to take) combine the powdery green substance with a non-polar solvent, filter off the crap, and evaporate the canabinoid containing liquid.

then combine the resulting evaporated canabinoids with a polar solvent, and filter off the active canabaniods.

is this the same principal for all polar/ non-polar extractions?

sorry for all of these questions but i am very interested in chemistry and want to know all that i can, also i think that other people would benifit from this info as well.

--------------------
PEACE

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

#2340394 - 02/16/04 10:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldn't try any of that stuff, but why not try this..

take your powder and add some water to it and see how much of the powder starts going into solution. add it dropwise or mL's at a time or whatever. Heat the water up to near boiling. All of the powder should go into solution, but if you're familiar with recrystallization you'll know that you usually have to add water as the water heats up to really get everything into solution

THC is soluble in water at .28g/100mL at 23C. Heat the water to near boiling and see how well it's all into solution. You'll probably have to do this on a microscale.

Once it's hot check the contents and see if they're are insolubles, try to decant them off or filter them. Save them and set them aside for inspection later.

If there are no insolubles then good, allow your beaker or container to cool to room temperature slowly by insulating it.

I presume as the water cools down to warm temperature the THC will come out and separate as a layer of brown, amorphous, semi-solid, viscous oil that will probably be the bottom layer. You could further cool your tube with ice but i think that would cause all the unwanteds out of solution.

Try that see what happens.

But really this was just some crackpot idea i came up with right now by looking at the properties of the molecule.

Really i wouldn't do anythign further with that and i'd just smoke it and be happy with that.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

eBay Shop for: Lab Glassware

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden