Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvil_Mind
RealityBuilder
Loc: DETROIT
Time.
    #2338464 - 02/15/04 06:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have one pint jar full colony going on a month - no pins - in dark 80 deg

one caseing, two, one pint cakes - they were cased 2/4 - and they were about a 3 week colony at the time. I deep scrached 2/13, the growth has been strong into my .75 inch 50/50 mix toping.

I have one last caseing that I will not discusse here.

But My question is, at short of one month in a jar should I see pins yet?

And with the caseing, I just placed it in to the terrarium 2/13, while deep scratching I noticed some chuncks of mycelum clustered 50/50 floting within the last millimeters of loose 50/50 mix, Am I still go on pining within a few days?

I am useing the jar as a guage for pining..
Am I on time here?

Thanks Ahead of time, This places has been great help! I hope I can help people learn alot also.:tongue2:

--------------------
Death must be easy, cus life is hard,
It will leave you physically, mentally ,and emotionally scared.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Time. [Re: Evil_Mind]
    #2338720 - 02/15/04 07:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Why on earth is the jar in the dark? Light is required to initiate pinning. While the light you use to look at it every day might help trigger a pin or two, if you want a real pinset like you see in the pictures here, expose your mycelia to light. I expose to light from the day the spores are germinated on agar. As for the casing, it depends on the strain, and if you have a good fruiting substrain or not. Give it a week or two anyway.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineEvil_Mind
RealityBuilder
Loc: DETROIT
Re: Time. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #2339010 - 02/15/04 09:19 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks DOC. Ill let the jar see light more offten.

And for anyone who can further help.

The caseing is 10ozGladware? 1.5" vermiculite, on top 1 pint of EQ mycelia on a whole organic brown rice (~1"), topped off with 50peatmoss/50vermiculite 5% lime (<1"). At ~ 3weeks I case, At 10 days after caseing I deep scrached, and placed in terrairium.

The question comes into play here, I further examined the caseing nothing to intrusive, I pulled a small 50/50 layer chunk out to take a look see. I have standular mycelia that looks healthy. (used to innoculate a new jar).. The mycelia is not noticable even when dusting back the loose 50/50 it is not fluffy growth, more like a crusty level. All my lime has been pushed up by the mycelia though the 50/50 so I almost mistook the grey green protruding blotches for contaims but under examination its non hydrogenated lime that was not crushed.

-Should I just dust off the loose/excess 50/50?
-Is it safe to predict that I am going to be pinning?

Everything is super with the enviroment, I Think I should have gotten the larger heater pad, its not as warm as the incubation temp, but this should be perfect for the entire 10 gallon tank no matter how many caseings or cakes I will have. 10 gallon is a small enviroment.

Thanks!

--------------------
Death must be easy, cus life is hard,
It will leave you physically, mentally ,and emotionally scared.

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Time. [Re: Evil_Mind]
    #2340561 - 02/16/04 10:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Just pointing a noob in the right direction:

We have a Mushroom Cultivation forum for questions like this. This is the Advanced Cultivation forum. Your questions do not fall in the Advanced category.

Good Luck.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains