Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Collapse of Industrial Civilization [Re: timetravel]
    #2338385 - 02/15/04 05:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So when the people who are driving gasoline cars are driving electric cars this will cause the people who can't afford cars to get mugged more?

And this will be because why?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Loc: Holland
Re: Collapse of Industrial Civilization [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2338413 - 02/15/04 06:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I think electric cars will be cheaper than gasoline cars when they catch on. They're actually alot less complicated than heavy expensive internal combustion engines and transmissions, something electric cars don't need.

The auto industry is going to love making a cheaper product, and enjoy not selling the parts for the combustion engines and transmissions. And all those gas and repair stations are going to love it too.
I think we can't get away from the combustion engine in time to avoid chaos.
We opted to take over oil fields way back in the 1940's. We placed evil puppets on top of every single country that has minerals so we could shoot them in the head without any complaints from the world community when the time came to harvest what we need.

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2338436 - 02/15/04 06:17 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

The auto industry isn't going to have a choice. If they don't make them, then someone else will.

If GM won't make them, then GE will.

They won't sell any cars if there is no fuel to run them on.

Also, look into thermal depolymerization. ConAgra has a nice project going on with that.

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2338451 - 02/15/04 06:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So when the people who are driving gasoline cars are driving electric cars this will cause the people who can't afford cars to get mugged more?

Crime is going to rise.Or do you think it won't?  There is going to be a whole class of people who can't afford an electric car and who can't afford the high price of gas to get to their shitty job. What are they gonna do? I think they are going to do what they have to do to survive. Some are going to begin a life of crime. 
You will be walking. Carrying food from the grocery store out in the open could be very dangerous. :laugh:

--------------------
Everything in this post happened 7 years ago. If you do not feel good get a hobby like r/c airplane flying.

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2338483 - 02/15/04 06:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

The auto industry isn't going to have a choice. If they don't make them, then someone else will.

If GM won't make them, then GE will.

They won't sell any cars if there is no fuel to run them on.

Also, look into thermal depolymerization. ConAgra has a nice project going on with that. 

There will be fuel, I think its going to be like in europe, it'll cost $6.00+ a gallon. Only we don't have a public transportation system to pick up the poor saps who can't afford $6+ a gallon. So I think we are going to have chaos and increased crime.

ConAgra and a whole bunch of others have great solutions. :thumbup: Holland, germany and a whole shitloasd of countries have cool cars, buses that use alt energy and they have electric trains that DO move the whole workforce to its jobs everyday.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2338489 - 02/15/04 06:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Crime will be about the same. Poverty will be about the same. Everything will be about the same.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2338505 - 02/15/04 06:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

People will learn how to ride motorcycles to get to work.

one $6 gallon will get them back and forth to work.

An electric motorcycle will get them back and forth to work several times for $6.

--------------------

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2338553 - 02/15/04 06:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Crime will be about the same. Poverty will be about the same. Everything will be about the same.

A smooth transition would be best. But not very american when you take a look at our history. My grandparents went through the great depression and I think something like that could happen if gas reaches a certain price. Where I live there are people who can't pay their oil heating bills and get by with help from the community. An old woman froze to death in her house a few towns over during the last cold spell cause she could'nt pay her oil heating bill. And the price of oil went up only a few cents.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2338606 - 02/15/04 07:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

On topic I do believe that something will have to give. Sure we have oil here to last us for a long time, it's just that there's not enough ecomically affordable oil. Since we most likel yhave done this, the decline will be fast. why? we need oil for everything! our mass agriculture is based on machines the run on oil!

a medium sized cost increase everywhere would send this economy crashing down quickly because we realy SO MCUH on it.

the more expensive it becomes to dig, the more expensive things will get.

the change won't be gradual at all, it's comon sense here. think about it

"An old woman froze to death in her house a few towns over during the last cold spell cause she could'nt pay her oil heating bill. And the price of oil went up only a few cents."

off topic

chaos is already here. people already can't eat. people are already dying on the streets, and no one says shit!

I can go to sacramento right now and see a huge 9 foot wall filled with missing persons. and that's just one city.

the poor saps inthis country are the 5+ million children that will go hungry tonight.

shit man a meth lab just exploded last week, four houses down, it's stupid here. and if it's stupid here, then it's definately stupid in many other areas.

I live right next to Oaland, and 21 people have been murdered there this year and feb is jsut about halfway over

yesterday was valentines day, and there were weddings. one wedding in my town involved 5 people getting stabbed, 3 fatally.

crime is always on the rise. Around here most people around my age (22) carry guns on them. they have no problem shooting at the police. my town is stupid small and we had one cop already die this year.

powple don't really care much, and will be quick to run into your house.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Anonymous

#2338875 - 02/15/04 08:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

nd I have read that it would be economically impossible for the usa to start one. We are broke.

who is broke?

We don't even have bike paths. Every sidewalk in germany has a bike path next to it. We are screwed.

when it becomes economically sound to do so, we'll build them. right now, we've got cheap oil to burn, so we're driving cars. if that changes, so will we.

i ask again... what should actually be done about this coming oil crisis?

Anonymous

Re: Collapse of Industrial Civilization [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2338900 - 02/15/04 08:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That sucks.

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

Re: Collapse of Industrial Civilization [Re: ]
    #2338986 - 02/15/04 09:11 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

who is broke?

My town is broke. They could'nt even afford salt for the roads this winter after the third storm. Some states are broke. CA elected Arnold to help get them out, my state is broke, maybe yours is too. The us gov is really broke.

Quote:

i ask again... what should actually be done about this coming oil crisis?

The fat cats in charge have the responsibility to make sure something is done. First they will forclose on everyone who can't pay their house payments. Thats how they get their land back that they sold to you, just like they did during the depression. Then they will make huge profits off the last of the oil reserves. All the while they will be sending in the us army to pop off the evil puppets that they put in power on top of the oil reserves, from south america, some parts of asia, and the middle east. Meanwhile the new poor will be working on government construction projects like getting the power girds up to date, building hydro elec dams and wind farms, laying down train tracks for elec trains for public transportation. Then those electric cars will be out on the market and things will get back to normal. The new poor will be able to buy a house again etc.
How does that sound?  :grin: Its the best I can come up with based on the fat cats history of handeling things.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2339012 - 02/15/04 09:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My town is broke. They could'nt even afford salt for the roads this winter after the third storm. Some states are broke. CA elected Arnold to help get them out, my state is broke, maybe yours is too. The us gov is really broke.

why does that matter here?

you know... sometimes problems do get solved without the state's intervention. :smirk:

The fat cats in charge have the responsibility to make sure something is done.

what should that something be?

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2339072 - 02/15/04 09:34 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what should that something be?

To make a profit. Thats what will be done. Its easier to let the poor stay poor and make a profit off the reserves. People will be cooking and heating their homes with fecal matter before the oil industry lets the masses use any other kind of energy.
In germany they will be driving around in hydrogen cars, not here, hydrogen is way too explosive to let the masses have. Think of the terrorism potential! At least thats probablly what the oil industry will lobby. In fact I read just that arguement somewhere, thats how I know its really explosive.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2339097 - 02/15/04 09:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

To make a profit. Thats what will be done.

no, i'm asking you what you think should be done.

People will be cooking and heating their homes with fecal matter before the oil industry lets the masses use any other kind of energy.

lets them use any other kind of energy? when did the oil industry start keeping people from using alternate energy sources? i can tell you that my parents use wood to heat their home and haven't used a drop of heating oil all winter. so far, the oil industry hasn't done a thing to stop them.

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2339126 - 02/15/04 09:47 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

let's them use any other kind of energy? when did the oil industry start keeping people from using alternate energy sources?

I mean as a mainstream form of energy. If everyone put in a wood stove and burned wood it would become illegal. My sister in CA can't use her fireplace, they have laws as to when they can use it. Anyway, do you know what I mean?

--------------------

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2339185 - 02/15/04 10:05 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

no, i'm asking you what you think should be done.

I think its one of those things thats out of our control. BUT we can buy an electric can, insulate our homes, go solar, or wind, and try as best we can on our own to get off the grid. But that takes time, some thinking and money to accomplish so I bet most are going to be at the mercy of the oil corps and won't solve the problem.

What do you think should be done?

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2339264 - 02/15/04 10:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Here in a few years I am planning to build my own electric car. It won't meet safty standards that would allow me to sell them (probably) but I should be able to get away with driving it.

It will probably have a zinc-air power cell that I will "recharge" by smelting the zinc oxide back into zinc plates.

--------------------

Invisibletimetravel
I'm going toMars!

#2339297 - 02/15/04 10:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.zevcat.com/  Here is a car you can tank up with a hand bike pump.

Your way ahead of me, I have no idea about smelting zinc oxide, but it sounds very self-sufficient. Are you gonna cal it the baby-hitler? jj :grin:

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2339327 - 02/15/04 10:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No, the Baby Hitler wil use Nitrocellulose for fuel.

It will be a nitrocellulose-electric hybrid.

--------------------

Edited by Baby_Hitler (02/15/04 10:46 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates