Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMichokis_Long
Stranger
Shroom capsule question
    #2338194 - 02/15/04 06:43 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Ok I did a search for info on encapsulating powdered shrooms, but theres a few things that weren't stated. I was wondering if taking eighth of dry shrooms and 7 '00' capsules (around an eighth) would give the same trip and how long the trip would probably last?

Also, would taking roughly 3.6g of shroom powder and mixing it in with some OJ or tea equal a same trip as eating an eighth of dry shroom?

Thx in advance.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroom capsule question [Re: Michokis_Long]
    #2338250 - 02/15/04 07:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If you still consume the same amt of matter you will be ingesting the same amt of alkoloids. the trip comes on faster and a little harder due to the quick absorbtion of the alkoloid in yer tummy.

SM

--------------------

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
    #2338256 - 02/15/04 07:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

in my opinion, trips vary tremendously no matter the dosage. but yes, there is about the same amount of actives in powder, as in dry shrms. if you mix your powder with HOT tea, the psilocin will degrade rapidly leaving you with just psilocybin, and a much less potent substance, this is true whenever you heat up your powder, or dried fruitbodies for that matter.

and 7x 00 caps = 3.5g

the trip would probably last about 6 hours not including afterglow, just like any amount of psilo would. i find that you dont trip longer when u dose higher, but its "more intense"....very difficult to explain with only words.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroom capsule question [Re: amyloid]
    #2338275 - 02/15/04 07:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Caps are great, if you mix your ground up shrooms well, all caps will have the same potency.

Amy, I've had a lot of tea in my day. I know common sense says you will lose a lot of psylocin but, psylocin is mostly lost during the drying anyway.

I've never had any noticable loss in potency when I make tea...

Granted, if you use orange juice instead of tea. You can guarantee you won't lose potency but tea is so much more ritualistic... I like tea when I have group trips.

It is also easy to take with you. Just fill an empty Snapple Tea bottle with your home brew.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineamyloid
Stranger
Re: Shroom capsule question [Re: Rose]
    #2338289 - 02/15/04 07:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

>>I've never had any noticable loss in potency when I make tea...

i think this shows that you cant detect the amounts lost, as opposed to there not being a difference.

i find it hard to gauge any kinda of drug, i cant compare the experience i have one day, to an experience i have weeks later. maybe my memory just sucks. cause i also cant recollect smells from memory but i can recognize them if i smell em.

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest--a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
-Al Einstein

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Shroom capsule question [Re: amyloid]
    #2338299 - 02/15/04 07:18 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah,

Let me rephrase my last post a little. If you eat dry shrooms, or drink the same amount of tea, you won't notice much difference in potency... but if you make some oj, the oj will usually feel a bit stronger than tea, or eating dry.

Could be psychosomatic... but it feels that way to me.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineMichokis_Long
Stranger
    #2338374 - 02/15/04 07:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Wow, thanks you friends. Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation