Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
The Mysteries of the Sphynx
    #2336556 - 02/15/04 04:05 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was talking to a friend of mine this evening and we got to the topic of religon and he brought up the Sphynx. What he's saying is that 4 or so major world religions are forbidding opening the tombs inside which have runes on them stating something along the lines of "Do not open these tombs before it is time - those who do will be forsaken" or some such thing... The Egyptians want to as they claim to know what's inside, whereas the Christians and Muslims are fearful of what it may expose. On top of that, apparently (so my friend says) is that the doors are setup some how to allow the passage of wind through the Sphynx itself if they are opened, causing the monument to sink into to sand if ever tampered with.
The Egyptians say the contents are the rest of the Black (or dead, as it's more modernly known as) sea scrolls, which they believe were written by Jesus himself, and the one the Muslims call Mohammed. See, the Egyptians believe that when Jesus crossed through the desert, he ran into this Mohammed guy and shared his wisdom of enlightenment with him, and Mohammed, in turn went back to the Muslim people and shared what he felt was the important stuff with his people. Apparently the scrolls written by Mohammed were also written after Christs crucifiction.

Can anyone confirm any of this? It's quite interesting, but I don't fully trust the source... Any speculation would be appreciated.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: nubious]
    #2336616 - 02/15/04 06:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

isn't there supposedly something mysterious under the Sphynx?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Clean]
    #2336639 - 02/15/04 07:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There was a chamber discovered under one of the paws a few years back. It is supposedly a shrine to the Egyptian god of the underworld, I think.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: trendal]
    #2336742 - 02/15/04 08:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Wasn't there an inscription about "the paws that refreshes"?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Swami]
    #2336776 - 02/15/04 08:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I hadn't heard that...

I have heard that Edgar Cayce predicted that a chamber would be found under the Sphynx's paw...though it could have just been a lucky guess :smirk:

I think he also said that documents would be found in the chamber relating to Atlantis...but when they opened the chamber they found it flooded with water and otherwise empty.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2336800 - 02/15/04 09:09 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, but it was water from Atlantis that flooded the chamber!

Atlantis - Donovan:

The continent of Atlantis was an island
which lay before the great flood in the area
we now call the Atlantic Ocean.
So great an area of land,
that from her western shores
those beautiful sailors journeyed
to the South and the North America with ease,
in their ships with painted sails.
To them East Africa was a neighbour,
across a short strait of sea miles.
The great Egyptian age ist
but a remnant of the Atlantian culture.

Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be.
Way down below the ocean where I wanna be she may be.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Swami]
    #2336807 - 02/15/04 09:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Just water from the deep sands, I'm afraid :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: nubious]
    #2337054 - 02/15/04 11:23 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

which they believe were written by Jesus himself, and the one the Muslims call Mohammed. See, the Egyptians believe that when Jesus crossed through the desert, he ran into this Mohammed guy and shared his wisdom of enlightenment with him, and Mohammed, in turn went back to the Muslim people and shared what he felt was the important stuff with his people. Apparently the scrolls written by Mohammed were also written after Christs crucifiction.

That is factually impossible. Where did you read that?

Mohammed lived in the early 7th century and Islam started because he had conversations with a divine entity- also in the 7th century- called Allah. So wherever you're getting this information, it's severely flawed.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Clean]
    #2337062 - 02/15/04 11:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Its supposedly the Djed Pillar i think. When straightened its suppose to represent the ressurection of osirirs... there is some kind of thing with him coming back when things are very unbalanced and what not...

--------------------
What?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2337065 - 02/15/04 11:29 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
There was a chamber discovered under one of the paws a few years back. It is supposedly a shrine to the Egyptian god of the underworld, I think.

Did not shroomism predict this to happen, 4 years ago?
However, it is not a shrine to an egyptian god. It contains Earth records pre-dating mesopotamia.

--------------------

InvisibleDankman
Headphone Wizard
Male User Gallery

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Shroomism]
    #2337131 - 02/15/04 11:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism - Do you have any more info on the shpinx? I read the mysteries of the pyramids thread also and it sounds interesting. What led you to your prediction? Happy Birthday!

--------------------
"There was a dirty rainbow coming out of the fucking toilet" - 40 Oz.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2337144 - 02/15/04 11:52 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

(Happy Birthday, Shroomism! )

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Frog]
    #2337156 - 02/15/04 11:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, Shroomism...Happy Birthday  :thumbup:
Oh, and please fill us in on some intersting sphinx details.  Thanx.

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Viaggio]
    #2337360 - 02/15/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks guys :smile:

We were told many years ago that a chamber would be discovered under the left paw of the sphinx, called the hall of records. It is said that there will only be three on earth that can enter into the chamber without dying, and they must go in together. This is to ensure that the information is not suppressed after it is discovered..those who find it must be pure of intent. Inside the hall of records contains information relating to the ancient history of the earth, detailed descriptions on how and why the pyramids were built..and by who..and other various things that show irrefutable proof of alien interaction with Earth civilizations in the past. Also it is said that inside the hall a dimensional portal will be discovered, as well as free energy technology, and a complete history of Earth going farther back then Atlantis.

If you read the book "Nothing in this book is true, but it's exactly the way things are" Frissel gives a good explanation of sacred geometry, and the hall of records to be discovered before the shift into next density. As well as all the interesting sacred geometry facts about the pyramids, and their use as initiation chambers to the next world by the ancient egyptians, thoth and ra.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2337396 - 02/15/04 12:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I remember seeing a show on Discovery where they went into the chamber under the left paw...

It appeared to be a large rectangular room with what looked like a stone sarcophagus in the middle, which was empty. I remember feeling distinctly disappointed by the images, after hearing many years earlier of Cayce's predictions concerning the chamber.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2337428 - 02/15/04 01:03 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

interesting.. very very interesting..

I generally trust the discovery channel.. but could it have been fake..or they discovered it earlier and cleaned it out?

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#2337445 - 02/15/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I generally trust them too...but I've got a few things to say about these "Into the tomb LIVE" shows that they air every once in a while.

You see...they never actually do the first entrance live, they just do a entrance live but hype it up as the "first" time they've gone in.

The one with the sphynx they said as they were taking the cameras in that they had opened the lid a week earlier and found the entire chamber flooded with water. So they had pumped it all out in preparation for the show...

There was another one where they were going into a chamber in the great pyramid that had previously been untouched. Two hour long show for them to have a small robot climb up a shaft...and find another door they had to get through. They all jumped up and down on the show excitedly when they found it...but the funny thing is I haven't heard anything about it since and definately haven't seen any pics of what was behind the second door.

I dunno. Those shows always felt kind of sketchy to me...it's certainly possible they removed things from the chamber under the paw prior to air time.

--------------------

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#2337500 - 02/15/04 01:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hasn't there been some sort of inquiry regarding the second door that the robot reached?

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: The Mysteries of the Sphynx [Re: Viaggio]
    #2337506 - 02/15/04 01:35 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

There may have been...but I haven't seen any. I was expecting them to do another "LIVE into the Pyramid!" show on Discovery, but as this was at least a year ago now and I haven't seen one I doubt they will do one.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2337537 - 02/15/04 01:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Couldn't the good chamber be somewhere else underneath it? Like deeper? Or maybe the one they "found" wasn't actually under the Sphinx, some sort of conspiracy...

I'd bet it is still under there somewhere. The free energy thing would definitely make us forget about the fact that we've hit or soon will hit peak oil, and the world won't fall apart... mmm... free energy.....

Hhm.. I wonder who the three would be.... maybe Rush. :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom