Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
wtf...Microsoft Outlook
    #2337033 - 02/15/04 01:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

ok I got a bunch of email addresses for my website.. however accessing them is a royal pain in the ass.. you have to go through the server's main page and click like ten things and enter passwords for each mailbox and it's slow as crap...

so I was trying to set up my email accounts with Outlook. I've been struggling with it for a week now.. I've followed their FAQ and procedures to a T, everything is exactly set up the way it should be, and it still isnt working. I even sent a letter to tech support and told them everything I had and he just sent me a letter back saying to set everything up the way I already had it. anyway I'm hoping one of you computer savvy people can help me out.

It's POP3 email.. Incoming mail server is set to pop.1and1.com (which their setup instructions say to use) Outgoing server is set to smtp.1and1.com
The user name ir correct - m35806949-1 and password are all correct.. outgoing server requires verification is checked and everything is in place and filled out correctly.. however when I go send a test email, all it does is establish the network connection, and find the incoming mail server.. everything else fails

It is unable to connect to outgoing or incoming server.. I've tried everything I can think of and their FAQ and tech support is not helping me. The only thing I can think of is to change the advanced port setting for incoming and outgoing servers.. but I don't know what I should put them on. Someone please help!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: the brainforest
Re: wtf...Microsoft Outlook [Re: Shroomism]
    #2337082 - 02/15/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

typically, SMTP (outgoing mail) is through your ISP. Find out what their smtp info is & use that. POP3 info will be through your host. If you're having problems setting it up, call them for help rather than MS - that's where you'll find the answers.

As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology