Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Invisibleohcrapitsnico
The Other One
Male User Gallery

Loc: Houston
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #23348779 - 06/15/16 08:53 PM (8 years, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:
Just look at all the people who have shot and killed intruders in their homes, it happens.

liberals say that never happens

No we say it happens when they shoot and kill a family member they think is an intruder. :cookiemonster:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMescalean
Burke is love, burke is life.

Re: Why have a gun? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace] * 4
    #23348780 - 06/15/16 08:54 PM (8 years, 4 hours ago)

I can think of 2 occasions I was robbed and I would have liked to have a gun then. Jumped. A gun would have been nice then too. I also enjoy hunting. I like meat. My body likes meat. And I'm sure my body and the environment would prefer me hunting my own meat when I do to eating factory farmed ground beef or pork.

Why do people feel the need to criticize responsible gun owners? Is it a psychological/ego thing? Does it makes you smile and feel morally superior inside? And why the need to have a moral pissing contest?

--------------------
FREE BURKE

OfflineThatKidWithTheFace
R.I.P. ZIG R.I.P. Sloth
Male

Loc: All Good in Allgood
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Mescalean] * 2
    #23348790 - 06/15/16 08:58 PM (8 years, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:

Why do people feel the need to criticize responsible gun owners? Is it a psychological/ego thing? Does it makes you smile and feel morally superior inside? And why the need to have a moral pissing contest?

They're liberals, of course that's why they do it.

--------------------
Check Out My Beats
SoundCloud

[quote]Sheekle said:
[quote]ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Is this the same aunt that fucks dogs?[/quote]
u bet ur ass it is.[/quote]

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: topdog82]
    #23348866 - 06/15/16 09:19 PM (8 years, 3 hours ago)

Why have a gun?

Because when a global catastrophe/ massive disaster inevitably strikes, I need to defend my wife and my stockpiles of food from all the people who didn't bother to prepare.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineSunnyD
WiZarD oF LoVe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet earth
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace]
    #23348976 - 06/15/16 09:46 PM (8 years, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Quote:

AuroraBorealis88 said:

I'm getting a 9mm.

You gonna keep that in your purse?

Don't be a masculine wanna be
That 9mm  would still kill any (man) human in one well placed shot

I might get my self a gun soon, a .45 or 9mm  high capacity handgun

But after I move out, I'm already armed to D teeth

--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: ThatKidWithTheFace] * 1
    #23349003 - 06/15/16 09:56 PM (8 years, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Quote:

Mescalean said:

Im a liberal and I love my guns :shrug:

I think you're all doing the thing where topics get generalized to black or white. Thats bad :mmmkay:

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Why have a gun? [Re: SunnyD]
    #23349037 - 06/15/16 10:05 PM (8 years, 2 hours ago)

I think it was just a joke. I could be wrong I think I remember him defending .22 saying even those can be used effectively to kill someone. I KNOW someone said it but for whatever reason I seem to remember that person being ThatKid.

I'd say go for the 9mm. .45 ammo is nearly twice as expensive as 9mm and you want to be able to shoot regularly and that adds up really fast in .45. Actually that was one of the major deciding factors on which gun I was gonna let go. My .45 had feed issues with the wrong ammo and it was expensive. The M9 we kept has had 1, maybe 2 stove pipe jams after over a thousand rounds. Even when it was dirty as all fucking hell and I used the cheapest, crappiest ammo possible. Not to mention my accuracy with it is amazing for someone who hasn't been shooting their entire life. Very solid and reliable gun. Just made sense to keep that one even if the .45 had sentimental value to me.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

InvisibleSanguin3
Optimist

Re: Why have a gun? *DELETED* [Re: Shroomslip]
    #23349096 - 06/15/16 10:23 PM (8 years, 2 hours ago)

Post deleted by Sanguin3

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinekakashi68
Connoiseur of Illicit Substances
 User Gallery

Loc: STRAYA Flag
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Sanguin3]
    #23349285 - 06/15/16 11:34 PM (8 years, 1 hour ago)

How many more guns does america need for it to be "safe" Surely having the most guns in the world would make you the safest country on earth right?

Guns need to go the way of slavery... change the amendment LIKE EVERY OTHER COUNTRY HAS DONE. But in saying that its quite hard to get that through your corrupt governement when the people have no way to vote on federal legislation.

Of course you can have a gun.... just under strict requirements. No one need fully automatic or even semi automatic weapons(even though they are cool... maybe like bushiness ownership only) And even then people need to be license with strict safety courses, checks ect.

--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: I_was_the_walrus] * 2
    #23349363 - 06/16/16 12:08 AM (8 years, 51 minutes ago)

Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Quote:

Mescalean said:

I think you're all doing the thing where topics get generalized to black or white. Thats bad :mmmkay:

I like my guns too. But for hunting. Anyone who has one for home defense is a fucking moron. You only hear this crap from americans too, lots of people have hunting rifles but they don't run and grab it when they hear a bump in the night. I consider people who have guns for self defense to be dickless cowards. And putting their families at risk for no good reason. No one is coming to get you, no one is coming to kill your family. That gun you have is the risk factor, that gun is what is going to hurt your family members.
People with guns for home defense are not afraid of a blond blue eyed intruder though right? That is the unsaid thing here. People who have a gun for self defense are racist. Lots of liberals who hunt, but NRA trump supporting nutbars have the guns for different reasons don't they? Maybe that's the difference between the USA and other nations. There is no racial underclass here I am afraid is going to rise up.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: topdog82]
    #23349369 - 06/16/16 12:12 AM (8 years, 47 minutes ago)

Quote:

topdog82 said:
Hey so for the record I came from a conservative family. Really strong traditional asian background. My parents never supported buying a gun and never had a gun in the house

I went on to become a boyscout and eventually an eagle scout. A troop full of white people really influenced me. I ended up shooting all kinds of guns. Pistols, .22 rifles, black powder rifles, shotguns etc. I was surprisingly good with them too. It was tons of fun and for a nerdy asian kid, being the best shot in the troop was a fond memory and boost of self esteem

My parents are financially supporting me through college at the moment. I work and pay for some of my stuff but my parents are giving me a generous hand. They said they would not support financially if I got a gun. Once I am a little more settled, I plan on getting some sort of 0.22 rifle

With the all the recent mass shootings, I have been thinking more and more about gun rights. I am leaning more towards the right on the issue. I feel being familiar with guns at a young age made me realize that they are incredibly powerful and there's a lot of responsibility in owning one. This is pretty surprising considering people in California (my home state) are pretty damn anti-second amendment

But my buddy brought up the idea of "why have a gun in the first place?". I know tons of people with guns but I am yet to hear of a single time someone has actually protected their family with a gun. It's not like people go around town lugging their AR-15's openly to the mall and chipotle; where there are mass shootings

Is it a psychological thing? That having guns makes people FEEL safer? I have little interest in hunting. But I was wondering if you guys had any life-saving experiences with guns?
Or any real reason outside of hobby to have a gun?

Because penis is small

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have a gun? [Re: my3rdeye] * 2
    #23349390 - 06/16/16 12:21 AM (8 years, 38 minutes ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
Quote:

I_was_the_walrus said:
Quote:

ThatKidWithTheFace said:
Quote:

Mescalean said:

I like my guns too. But for hunting. Anyone who has one for home defense is a fucking moron. You only hear this crap from americans too, lots of people have hunting rifles but they don't run and grab it when they hear a bump in the night. I consider people who have guns for self defense to be dickless cowards. And putting their families at risk for no good reason. No one is coming to get you, no one is coming to kill your family. That gun you have is the risk factor, that gun is what is going to hurt your family members.
People with guns for home defense are not afraid of a blond blue eyed intruder though right? That is the unsaid thing here. People who have a gun for self defense are racist. Lots of liberals who hunt, but NRA trump supporting nutbars have the guns for different reasons don't they? Maybe that's the difference between the USA and other nations. There is no racial underclass here I am afraid is going to rise up.

This is probably the dumbest shit I've ever heard from you. Unless you're trolling. If you're not that's just incredibly ignorant

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Invisiblerackem
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Shroomslip]
    #23349400 - 06/16/16 12:25 AM (8 years, 34 minutes ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I think it was just a joke. I could be wrong I think I remember him defending .22 saying even those can be used effectively to kill someone. I KNOW someone said it but for whatever reason I seem to remember that person being ThatKid.

I'd say go for the 9mm. .45 ammo is nearly twice as expensive as 9mm and you want to be able to shoot regularly and that adds up really fast in .45. Actually that was one of the major deciding factors on which gun I was gonna let go. My .45 had feed issues with the wrong ammo and it was expensive. The M9 we kept has had 1, maybe 2 stove pipe jams after over a thousand rounds. Even when it was dirty as all fucking hell and I used the cheapest, crappiest ammo possible. Not to mention my accuracy with it is amazing for someone who hasn't been shooting their entire life. Very solid and reliable gun. Just made sense to keep that one even if the .45 had sentimental value to me.

i know we have had this discussion in length at some point.

i love my .45's but i reload, so for me to shoot them its pennies. 

and for asante if you really want a conceal, i would not suggest that springfield. the xds really has zero weight behind it and is a bit squirly to shoot, unless of course you spend the proper time to get profecient with it.

i have the springfield xds .45 and that thing is just like i said, no weight to it. i will carry it if in enclosed spaces and short range but i would rather carry my 1911 full slide, yes harder to conceal but the weight of the barrel and the extra 3 inches really does make a difference in accuracy and re-targeting.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #23349402 - 06/16/16 12:25 AM (8 years, 34 minutes ago)

Quote:

Sophistic Radiance said:

Because penis is small

that's so sad, you can get pills for that, just check your spam folder, lots of vendors selling them in there

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: my3rdeye] * 1
    #23349410 - 06/16/16 12:28 AM (8 years, 31 minutes ago)

Quote:

my3rdeye said:
I like my guns too.

post a picture of those guns with a sign that says "for pris"

Quote:

But for hunting. Anyone who has one for home defense is a fucking moron. You only hear this crap from americans too, lots of people have hunting rifles but they don't run and grab it when they hear a bump in the night. I consider people who have guns for self defense to be dickless cowards. And putting their families at risk for no good reason. No one is coming to get you, no one is coming to kill your family. That gun you have is the risk factor, that gun is what is going to hurt your family members.

and of course you're wrong

Offlinekakashi68
Connoiseur of Illicit Substances
 User Gallery

Loc: STRAYA Flag
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Seriously_trippin] * 2
    #23349415 - 06/16/16 12:29 AM (8 years, 29 minutes ago)

Quote:

Mescalean said:

This is probably the dumbest shit I've ever heard from you. Unless you're trolling. If you're not that's just incredibly ignorant

So why does EVERY OTHER MODERN COUNTRY have no issues with mass murders or homicides the daily gun deaths. Its just so strange I wonder why this is. maybe its because they ban every nutbag from having a gun. Self defense is not a reason to have a gun. Thats a circular argument and ultimately makes everyone worse off.

--------------------
You know, just sometimes in between the first cigarette with coffee in the morning to that 400th glass of cornershop piss at 3am--you do sometimes look at yourself and think--this is fantastic. I'm in heaven.
-Bernard Black

OfflineSeriously_trippin
Cosmic Guru Ganesh
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have a gun? [Re: kakashi68] * 4
    #23349423 - 06/16/16 12:35 AM (8 years, 23 minutes ago)

Paris had the most strict gun laws in Europe and that didn't stop that massacre. Your unhealthy connection between gun laws and homicide rates is unfounded by fact. Criminals don't give a shit about gun laws.

--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #23349496 - 06/16/16 01:26 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

If someone home invades my house, I am grabbing the machete beside my bed and chopping them up.

But if there is some kind of big disaster or social unrest I will get my guns out and load them.

Melee weapons for when you dont have any warning, guns for when you do.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23349577 - 06/16/16 02:10 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

They're mad gun rights supporters will literally go to war to keep our guns and they know it.  You will never have your way lol

Molon labe

Also, "only drug dealer homes are home invaded," shit is still cracking me up. 

Edited by PreparationH (06/16/16 02:19 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Why have a gun? [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #23349619 - 06/16/16 02:32 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

PreparationH said:
Just look at all the people who have shot and killed intruders in their homes, it happens.

liberals say that never happens

I'm a leftie who would be a happy gun owner if the situation calls for it. One who at times defends the second amendment even though not an American. Who believes in responsible gun ownership.

You and I would have a great time target shooting.

So, not all lefties/liberals are alike.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom