Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Success with Isopropol [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #23347506 - 06/15/16 02:03 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Which is a bigger waste,, that teeny drop of spores in the syringe or an entire grow?

The leading reasons new growers lose PF grows is bevause they wipe the needle with ISO. *after* flame sterilizing the needle. The ISO is enough to contaminate a grow.

See this photo? I squirted a few drops of ISO on an agar plate :yuck:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemupetmower
Mower of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: Success with Isopropol [Re: mushpunx]
    #23347511 - 06/15/16 02:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

wow that is awesome! i was thinking about doing this, and im glad you have a pic of it!

Every beginner grower NEEDS to see this picture.

--------------------
-The wise man never stops seeking knowledge.

-I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.

OfflineFreeWorldOrder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana, USA Flag
Re: Success with Isopropol [Re: mupetmower]
    #23347694 - 06/15/16 03:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

:whathesaid:

--------------------
"They who can give up essential liberty, to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Lets Grow Mushrooms Videos
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar TEK
Agar's Liquid Inoculant TEK

OfflineFalseMaria
Perverted Goddess of Metropolis
Male

Loc: Canada Flag
    #23347876 - 06/15/16 03:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I dont like flaming cause i dont like the idea of cooking my spores in the needle. spores are precious!

If you think spores are so precious, why are you putting them in such grave danger and ignoring trusted people's advice?

:llamastare:

Don't like the soot? Buy a propane torch or alcohol lamp. Why don't you buy the alcohol lamp, because then you'll still be using alcohol, which you really intent on using no matter what.

--------------------
✲゚。.(✿╹◡╹)ノ☆.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Success with Isopropol [Re: FalseMaria]
    #23348457 - 06/15/16 07:04 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I guess im againist the grain, so to speak :shrug:

that agar photo was pretty bad, but why does it show up on agar but not in a PF jar? :confused:

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23348501 - 06/15/16 07:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LogicaL Chaos said:
I guess im againist the grain, so to speak :shrug:

that agar photo was pretty bad, but why does it show up on agar but not in a PF jar? :confused:

Many contams do poorly on a brf substrate. Just because you don't see obvious contamination in a brf cake doesn't mean that there is none present. The fact that when the colony is fruited it does so as any unbroken colony that is not expanded also means contamination will take longer to get ahead and give you a bigger window to fruit in.

Cakes are forgiving. That's why we recommend them to new people. But they are not invincible either and bad sterile tek is bad sterile tek.

OfflineCaptcrunch90
Noob Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Success with Isopropol [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23349053 - 06/15/16 10:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

LittleDaddy said:
isopropyl works fine... it will kill everything in high enough concentrations, but once it evaporates, you're vulnerable again (70%+ helps with this because the water prevents it from evaporating that fast).

when working in the biohood, we spray everything down just with 70% or 100% ethanol (comparable to isopropyl) before placing in the hood and the infections we do see are typically related to technique or spore outbreaks (somewhat resistant to alcohol).

Maybe on the outside of the needle, but flaming syringes also sterilizes the inside of the needle, where contams could be lurking.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder