Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Rebelutionsssss]
    #23347192 - 06/15/16 12:39 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I read some thread about "celeb shroomerites" and someone said Joe Rogan was a member?

Maybe i misread it. Would be awesome if he posted :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: LogicaL Chaos] * 1
    #23347206 - 06/15/16 12:44 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

There was an episode of Joe Rogans podcast where he brought the shroomery up on his computer (and its a video podcast so millions of people saw it).

I made a post about it at the time.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Rebelutionsssss] * 1
    #23347208 - 06/15/16 12:45 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22948023#22948023

the shroomery on Joe rogan

Scroll up to the OP

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23347230 - 06/15/16 12:51 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

The podcasts with him and diaz are fucking hilarious, he says some dumbshit once in a while but he's an awesome dude. Shroomery likes hating on him because hes a jock though. Im sure if he was some terrence mckenna looking motherfucker most of you would be treating him like hes a messiah.

InvisibleAhab McBathsalts
OTD Windmill Administrator
Other User Gallery Ultimate Champion: Blackjack

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Wind Turbine, AB Flag
    #23347246 - 06/15/16 12:57 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I think his podcast suck and his comedy is mediocre.

He has made a very good career with no discernible talents. Fear Factor was awesome.

--------------------
"Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's going to die."

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 3
    #23347255 - 06/15/16 12:59 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
The podcasts with him and diaz are fucking hilarious, he says some dumbshit once in a while but he's an awesome dude. Shroomery likes hating on him because hes a jock though. Im sure if he was some terrence mckenna looking motherfucker most of you would be treating him like hes a messiah.

Yeah, that's what got me into Terence McKenna...his charming looks :tmckenna:

--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

Offlineak47myth
Stranger

Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #23347263 - 06/15/16 01:02 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I remember hearing a podcast where Joe had no idea how many grams were in an ounce... Like, how many years have you been smoking weed, joe? And you still dont know how many grams are in an ounce? Da fuck. He thought there was 16 grams to an ounce. :\

I like the guy though.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

#23347265 - 06/15/16 01:02 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

For the most part, his ideas are more full of shit than Rogans.

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #23347277 - 06/15/16 01:06 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Very true. In order for Joe to have ideas that were full of shit, he would have to come up with some ideas first.
I like Terence's vocabulary and the way he words himself. I like how his mind can drift so far off topic and then come back to it. You talk about how people hate on Joe but you're just talking shit about Terence right now. I bet if he was some jock then you'd be treating him like a messiah.

--------------------
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

#23347294 - 06/15/16 01:10 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

If Mckenna managed to maintain a grip on reality I'd hold a modicum respect for him, as it is he's just another man playing the sage and taking kids for fools. At least Rogan openly admits he's full of shit. Mckenna, not so much.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Kush_Zombie] * 1
    #23347299 - 06/15/16 01:12 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

damn, u just flipped it full circle! :mindblown:

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

#23347315 - 06/15/16 01:18 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Interesting. I have yet to see where he's said anything as fact other than the experienced he has personally had or seen. Can you back this up somehow? Terence has even said that he questions his own reality despite it all.
Your reasoning for why you don't like Terence is  because Joe states that he doesn't know what he's talking about more than Terence does?...mkay.

And wow...someone who took psychedelics and is explaining their experiences has far fetched ideas that don't reason with our realty? That's so shocking. I bet you avoid the trip reports section on this site like the plague huh? You'd probably read something that doesn't agree with your reality which we all know is fact seeing as how you clearly know what's going on around here.

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23347323 - 06/15/16 01:20 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Rebelutionsssss said:
i think some of his stuff is pretty cool, like his talks on psilocybin and other psychedelics are kind of interesting but they can also get really annoying.  for me its like a love hate type of thing

He comes across as pretty stupid, but he occasionally brings relatively unknown issues to a wide audience who might then look for information in better places. I think he must be at least a bit more intelligent than he seems, but maybe I'm being optimistic. He definite rehashed a lot of Terence McKenna myths about DMT and I've seen him spout complete lies on other occasions, but I doubt he does it on purpose.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: EllisDSox]
    #23347343 - 06/15/16 01:26 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

--------------------

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

#23347356 - 06/15/16 01:30 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Its deeper then that, Rogan shows a lot of humility and recognizes his own faults and has no problem admitting that. To me thats hella admirable. Mckenna goes off on these wild tangents that he rarely admits is nothing but speculation, in effect producing a lot of bullshit and confusion. His belief that schizophrenia is part and parcel of shamanism does a lot of damage for people who are afflicted with it and go on to believe what he's saying, and a lot of people believe what he said about it. Thats a lot more dangerous then Rogan going off about the pineal gland or whatever other shit people like hating on him for.

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

#23347396 - 06/15/16 01:40 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I won't watch all 20 minutes of that, but I did watch the first 2.
I liked his comment on "you saw your dad laugh 3 times in his life and you're supposed to be that guy?" comment..but when it comes down to it, and I'm honestly not just hating on the guy to prove a point, but I didn't hear anything that I didn't already know. Other than the quote I stated earlier, none of it really made me think...I mean REALLY made me think. It's all just basic stuff...he's just pointing out the obvious in my opinion. Maybe it gets better within he next 18 minutes, idk..But if it can't hook me within 2 minutes then I just don't feel like it's worth it for me personally to finish it.
If anything, the 3D words and the way they made the video was more entertaining than what he was actually saying imo.

Quote:

Bodhi of Ankou said:
Its deeper then that, Rogan shows a lot of humility and recognizes his own faults and has no problem admitting that. To me thats hella admirable. Mckenna goes off on these wild tangents that he rarely admits is nothing but speculation, in effect producing a lot of bullshit and confusion. His belief that schizophrenia is part and parcel of shamanism does a lot of damage for people who are afflicted with it and go on to believe what he's saying, and a lot of people believe what he said about it. Thats a lot more dangerous then Rogan going off about the pineal gland or whatever other shit people like hating on him for.

If you can't understand for yourself that Terence McKenna's opinions and thoughts are speculation then you probably shouldn't be listening to him anyways.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Kush_Zombie] * 2
    #23347445 - 06/15/16 01:50 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Your just missing the point of what people like about Joe. People don't like him because he has radical
Original new ideas.

Unless you listen to at least a handful of his podcasts you wouldn't get it.

Nobody thinks Joe is some amazing genius

He is a unique and cool human who is at the centre of an amazing and diverse community of podcasters, martial artists, psychonauts and comedians, and a major advocate of cannabis and psychedelic legalization.

--------------------

Edited by Moonshoe (06/16/16 07:25 AM)

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
Other

#23347459 - 06/15/16 01:53 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Word, he does a lot of good for the psychedelic community and gives a ton of great press for its legalization and overall acceptance. Meanwhile Mckennas off telling schizophrenics that theyre shamans and should give into their hallucinations.  Bad vibes bruh, bad vibes.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: what do you guys think about joe rogan? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou] * 1
    #23347482 - 06/15/16 01:57 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I like Joe. He reminds me of my high school buddy who was like Mr Super Jock then found the quasi path of enlightenment through psychedelics
He's not the smartest guy out there but he means well and he reaches a very wide audience and he brings a lot of people much smarter than himself on to the show and they discuss interesting things.
Watch the podcasts occasionally, usually when he has a guest I'm interested in. Seen him do stand up live three times, he's solid.

--------------------

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

#23347485 - 06/15/16 01:58 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

So I'm supposed to feel bad because I'm not into that and I would rather listen to new and original ideas?
The only reason I'm still in this topic is because of Bodhi's comment about "if Joe looked like Terence more people would like him" or whatever idiotic thing he said.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate